PDA

View Full Version : Bills absent from MNF once again

The_Philster
04-16-2005, 07:59 AM
For the last three or four years, Monday Night Football play-by-play man Al Michaels and I have played the same game during news conferences in Los Angeles.
I ask if he thinks there is any deserving NFL team that is missing from the Monday night schedule and he assumes I'm referring to the Buffalo Bills.

After the Bills finished 2003 with a 6-10 record, I wasn't about to ask the question in 2004. But Michaels assumed I would and began answering before I could ask a different question....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050416/3040684.asp)
• Van Pelt back in booth: Unable to get a regular coaching job in college or the pros, Bills radio analyst Alex Van Pelt has told Murphy, his play-by-play partner, that he is returning to the booth this season. Van Pelt is coaching Frankfurt Galaxy quarterback Akili Smith in NFL Europe this spring.

Jayhawk
04-16-2005, 08:03 AM
good to have AVP back, but he should get a coaching job, he's better than some of the qb coaches out there

jamze132
04-16-2005, 08:57 AM
It doesn't bother me that we don't play on MNF. I am actually kind of glad. Since I usually Tivo every MNF game, I don't have to stay up late. But if Buffalo were on, I would just have to watch it and stay up late. That would not be kewl because I would probably go to work the next morning drunk and end up losing rank. The army doesn't like drunk people to come to work.

Bills 4 life
04-16-2005, 10:05 AM
HONESTLY, IT PISSES ME OFF THAT WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN A MNF GAME IN A FEW YEARS. TEAMS GET 3 OR 2..AND NEW ORLEANS? C'MON.

BUT, I'D RATHER WATCH THE BILLS ON A SUNDAY PERIOD.

Crisis
04-16-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm glad. I don't wanna listen to Madden for 3 hours.

The_Philster
04-16-2005, 12:24 PM

:laughter: Nice point

DMBcrew36
04-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Anything is better than Dickie V announcin college bball

jdenning
04-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Dickie V is the best he loves the game and is like a little kid in a candy shop dont bash one of ncaa's basketballs most historic figures ever

DMBcrew36
04-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Dickie V is the best he loves the game and is like a little kid in a candy shop dont bash one of ncaa's basketballs most historic figures ever
I just find his voice annoying. I'm sure he's great, but his voice just tweaks me. I can't stand it.

thebuffalobills4
04-16-2005, 09:34 PM
HONESTLY, IT PISSES ME OFF THAT WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN A MNF GAME IN A FEW YEARS. TEAMS GET 3 OR 2..AND NEW ORLEANS? C'MON.

BUT, I'D RATHER WATCH THE BILLS ON A SUNDAY PERIOD.
dude calm down.

Novacane
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
:blowup:

RetroRaiders81
04-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Raiders didn't even make it. They usually do real well in the spotlight.

G. Host
04-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Raiders didn't even make it. They usually do real well in the spotlight.

California Raisins became sacrafical fruit to Patriots on opener which is TNF - or hadn't you heard?

RetroRaiders81
04-17-2005, 03:08 PM
California Raisins became sacrafical fruit to Patriots on opener which is TNF - or hadn't you heard?
I think the Raiders will win that game, NE will have a slow start to there season :up:

Billscusey
04-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I think the Raiders will win that game, NE will have a slow start to there season :up:

Yeah, that would be AAAAAAAAAAAAALRIGHT!

buffalofan19
04-17-2005, 06:26 PM
• Happy talk moment of the week: Channel 4 anchor Jacquie Walker asked sports anchor Paul Peck the question on just about everyone's mind about the Bills schedule. Noting the Bills have a prime-time home game on Dec. 17 against Denver, Walker asked: "What were they thinking?" Of course, the NFL doesn't think about how cold the fans in the stands might be. They're just thinking what great pictures snow could provide for those sitting at home.

I like the idea of the Saturday night home game. Anyone really opposed to it? Other cold-weather teams can do it, why can't Buffalo?

Slim
04-17-2005, 07:42 PM

yah course, a slow start, they only beat indy to open up the last season, and started off 6-0. I have an odd feeling there not going to lose to Oakland @ New England which is a pretty damn hard place to play. It also could be cold, which is a disadvantage to the Raiders.

stupid new england :crap:

G. Host
04-17-2005, 08:01 PM

But you never answered the question - you said you were not on MNF; are you saying that because the MNF is being held on Thursday or because you did not realize that they were?

McGaheehee
04-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Anything is better than Dickie V announcin college bball
Oh wow, truer words have NEVER been spoken. If I could silence one man's voice -- just one -- it would be his. In a heartbeat. The single most annoying person on television.

I cannot stand Dickie V.

Slim
04-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh wow, truer words have NEVER been spoken. If I could silence one man's voice -- just one -- it would be his. In a heartbeat. The single most annoying person on television.

I cannot stand Dickie V.

i think Billy Bush is pretty annoying, i dont like Bill Walton either

RetroRaiders81
04-17-2005, 09:49 PM
But you never answered the question - you said you were not on MNF; are you saying that because the MNF is being held on Thursday or because you did not realize that they were?
I knew about it, just didn't think of it like that. MNF is on Monday.