PDA

View Full Version : I WANT TROY BROWN HERE!

Bills 4 life
04-16-2005, 10:00 AM
THIS GUY IS TOO VALUABLE. HOW MUCH WOULD IT TAKE TO SIGN HIM?

Jayhawk
04-16-2005, 10:03 AM
well I want Orlando PAce and Adam Vinitari too.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2005, 10:05 AM
He's an aging wide receiver and an emergency nickel back. I'd hate to see him take a roster spot from a younger guy.

Rhettoric
04-16-2005, 10:08 AM
No more ex-pats please!

Bills 4 life
04-16-2005, 10:10 AM
No more ex-pats please!OK..BRING ON THE EX CARDINALS AND BENGALS.

gonzo1105
04-16-2005, 10:13 AM
I would definetely sign Troy Brown. I would take him for 1 year as a 3rd or 4th receiver and a dime cornerback. He obviously would be signed for the Minimum

The King
04-16-2005, 10:16 AM
I doubt he wants to play both sides of the ball at this stage in the game. He did it for NE out of neccessity. He would be a 3-4 WR and like a captain here thats about it.

EM Bills Fan 80
04-16-2005, 10:26 AM
OK..BRING ON THE EX CARDINALS AND BENGALS.

Hmmm

Takeo Spikes or Drew Bledsoe??? Hmmmmmmm.....

generalmills
04-16-2005, 10:30 AM
I doubt he wants to play both sides of the ball at this stage in the game. He did it for NE out of neccessity. He would be a 3-4 WR and like a captain here thats about it.

I totally agree... I mean just because Kordell Stewart can play every position on the field does not mean that the Bills should sign him...should they? It's the same basic argument.
Troy Brown would not play on our defense. He played there for the Pats because they were so banged up last year that they really did not have a choice. Yes, he did play well but you really cannot make the argument that he would make any kind of impact on our defense at all unless a large object fell from the sky and took out our entire secondary in one shot.
On offesne He would be 4th, maybe 3rd at best...He would be used as a situational player...
I feel that the bills need to use roster spots on players that can:
1. make an impact right now
or
2. Prospects that have the potential to develop into important players in the future...the bills are not in the position right now to spend money or a roster spot on such a luxury player.

venis2k1
04-16-2005, 12:51 PM
troy brown is a better 3rd WR than josh reed. :peace: plus a good ST player.

The Spaz
04-16-2005, 12:55 PM
troy brown is a better 3rd WR than josh reed. :peace: plus a good ST player.

True on the 1st part but our special team were already 1st in the league.

The_Philster
04-16-2005, 12:55 PM

The key to the left of the 'A' key
It looks kinda like this
http://www.poweredparaglidingontario.com/news/caps_lock.JPG

RetroRaiders81
04-16-2005, 10:47 PM
lol, I was gonna say that.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-17-2005, 03:20 AM
He's an aging wide receiver and an emergency nickel back. I'd hate to see him take a roster spot from a younger guy.
Me, too. With E.Moulds aging and about to have a huge cap number next season, I would rather see the team bring in a big, fast, young WR who is raw, but has the potential to develop into a solid 1A or #2 WR rather than give that roster spot to T.Brown who will only compete with Reed and Aiken for playing time.

The Bills need to find out what Reed and Aiken can do--if they are ever going to be able to be consistent contributors or not--so that they can "fish or cut bait" with them after this season. It is easier to find a # 3 WR in the draft or as a FA to replace them than it would be to find someone who can step in for E.Moulds. Signing T.Brown isn't going to help them accomplish either of those tasks.

jamze132
04-17-2005, 10:37 AM
This is just a down right rediculous thread. :blowup:

YardRat
04-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I want to win NOW....bring him in for one year to play the slot...it's not like we have guys at WR that we're not willing to part with at the moment.

YardRat
04-17-2005, 10:50 AM
The key to the left of the 'A' key
It looks kinda like this
http://www.poweredparaglidingontario.com/news/caps_lock.JPG
Nice tape job...are your glasses like that too?

http://www.costumeholidayhouse.com/Costume/Accessories/thumbs/50321-15w_small.jpg

The_Philster
04-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Nice tape job...are your glasses like that too?

http://www.costumeholidayhouse.com/Costume/Accessories/thumbs/50321-15w_small.jpg

:mad: I didn't put the tape on there...it was the best picture of a caps lock key I found

buffalofan19
04-17-2005, 06:41 PM
I would not be opposed to having Troy Brown in Buffalo for the right cost. Someone either here or on bb.com said that in order for the Bills to be successful, JP Losman needs to be surrounded by as many good weapons as possible. A key weapon happens to be 3rd WR. Troy Brown seems like the best option. Josh Reed is as close to a bust as he can get. Aiken has potential, but I hate this "wait and see" game. The Bills have been doing that for far too long. If the money is reasonable, I say bring him in.