PDA

View Full Version : Bills like some centers

The Spaz
04-16-2005, 02:37 PM
I am watching a show on ABC WPVI South NJ called Countdown to Draft Day and when they were going over the Center position annd specifically mentioned that the Buffalo Bills very much like Jason Brown but they love Marcus Johnson. Just thought I would pass this information along. The guys that are doing the show are from www.footballnetwork.com

Tatonka
04-16-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks for the info..

i would be extremely happy with a jason brown pick..

any info on marcus johnson?

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-16-2005, 02:51 PM
:scratch: Marcus Johnson isn't a center- he's a G/RT guy.

Tatonka
04-16-2005, 02:52 PM
OTC has him listed as the 16th rated center.

http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/profiles/center/index.php

The Spaz
04-16-2005, 02:55 PM
:scratch: Marcus Johnson isn't a center- he's a G/RT guy.

You're right I meant Chris Spencer but they also mentioned Marcus Johnson.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-16-2005, 02:57 PM
OTC has him listed as the 16th rated center.

http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/profiles/center/index.php
I was thinking Marcus Johnson from Ole Miss, not that one from UNLV? I didn't know there was another one.

Michael82
04-16-2005, 03:13 PM
You're right I meant Chris Spencer but they also mentioned Marcus Johnson.
They love Chris Spencer? Sweet! I would love him too. :pray:

Meathead
04-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Yes, but is he a good face-off man?

The_Philster
04-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes, but is he a good face-off man?

this is football, not hockey

Meathead
04-16-2005, 04:10 PM
And Obviousman arrives just in time to rescue another perilous situation!

Tatonka
04-16-2005, 04:11 PM
:rofl: meathead

i just wasnt going to say anything about that.

The_Philster
04-16-2005, 04:13 PM
And Obviousman arrives just in time to rescue another perilous situation!

:bravo:

:laughter:

Sportsuser101
04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
I doubt TD or anyone that knows anything in the Bills FO says anything even close to what players they like unless they want the names to get out there. Like Matt Jones for instance. Probably just brought Jones' name out there so another player that he really wanted to fall.

AndreReed83
04-16-2005, 04:21 PM
ROFL this thread is great.

Coach Tuesday
04-16-2005, 08:31 PM
I doubt TD or anyone that knows anything in the Bills FO says anything even close to what players they like unless they want the names to get out there. Like Matt Jones for instance. Probably just brought Jones' name out there so another player that he really wanted to fall.

Actually last year in the week before the draft, Modrak gave several interviews in which he stated that they were VERY, VERY high on Big Ben and Lee Evans. For whatever reason, this FO is forthcoming about their pre-draft grades...

Marvelous
04-17-2005, 01:27 AM
The_Philster, is that you in the pic with the cheerleader?
Whoever it is looks like a major geek. <<Tucked in.. LMAO

**All good man. I have star wars all over my office. So i get called a geek all the time too..

gr8slayer
04-17-2005, 01:38 AM
If we draft a Center early, say the second round. Then Teague is moving to LT without a doubt.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-17-2005, 03:37 AM
With T.Teague being paid LT money and entering the last year of his contract, it only makes sense that the Bills would be interested in taking a center in this draft where there are so many highly regarded prospects at the position.

Whether they go for a center early or take one later on in the draft, I expect them to draft a center this year. But, with all of the uncertainties that still remain about where the Bills will be picking and what the FO thinks their needs are (which may be different from what we perceive them to be), let alone who will still be available when our picks come around, I think that it is virtually impossible at this stage to project which specific player(s) the Bills will end up drafting.

However, the fact that the Bills are showing such an interest in offensive linemen who play different positions does indicate to me that the front office recognizes a need to make the team significantly better in this area and that, perhaps, the coaching staff is not completely enamoured of some of the players that they have at the present time and are looking to replace them--if not immediately, then by the beginning of the 2006 season.

The_Philster
04-17-2005, 07:29 AM
The_Philster, is that you in the pic with the cheerleader?
Whoever it is looks like a major geek. &lt;&lt;Tucked in.. LMAO

**All good man. I have star wars all over my office. So i get called a geek all the time too..

I know you ain't saying that hanging with cheerleaders is geeky :limp:

Meathead
04-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Not if that's your hand on the blond's ass.

The_Philster
04-17-2005, 10:22 AM

like I stated earlier...my hand is on her waist

Meathead
04-17-2005, 10:35 AM
It's a boob.

B-DON
04-17-2005, 12:17 PM
anybody heard of Rob Hunt? he from around here and he was the fastest and strongest center at the combine? he played d1aa but was the awarded the best center award for d1aa. he could be had with a late pick and to me looks like a great project. i could be a little bias though

SABURZFAN
04-18-2005, 01:38 AM

she slapped the hell out of him too.i wish they would have gotten pictures of that. :mad:

The_Philster
04-18-2005, 05:00 AM
she slapped the hell out of him too.i wish they would have gotten pictures of that. :mad:

Keep dreaming, #2..Charlene would never do that to me :buddies:

mysticsoto
04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we got a 2nd rd pick from trading TH to Philly/TB and with it we grabbed Matt Jones (WR)...and then with our original 2nd rd pick, we got Chris Spencer (C) ???

That would start out Saturday fantastic!!!

BillsFan-N-AZ
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we got a 2nd rd pick from trading TH to Philly/TB and with it we grabbed Matt Jones (WR)...and then with our original 2nd rd pick, we got Chris Spencer (C) ???

I was thinking the same thing! That would be awesome, move Trey to LT and let him and Gandy fight it out for the #1 spot. We would have depth on the line and a one more offensive weapon to boot!! :dance:

BuffaloRanger
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I would be dancing a :jig:

mysticsoto
04-18-2005, 01:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing! That would be awesome, move Trey to LT and let him and Gandy fight it out for the #1 spot. We would have depth on the line and a one more offensive weapon to boot!! :dance:
On thinking more about it, I wonder if it'd be more important to grab the highest rated CB with the 2nd - which in this case could be Corey Webster who is probably even good enough to be a 1st rd calibre CB. We could still get a good Center with our 3rd or even 4th pick

BillsFan-N-AZ
04-18-2005, 01:20 PM
On thinking more about it, I wonder if it'd be more important to grab the highest rated CB with the 2nd - which in this case could be Corey Webster who is probably even good enough to be a 1st rd calibre CB. We could still get a good Center with our 3rd or even 4th pick
I wouldn't mind taking a CB but only if we move Nate for more picks or player/pick combo this year. Also it goes without saying that the CB is good enough to start and be effective. There are so many scenarios it's NUTS! but I'll be content with a WR or CB in the 2nd. We could pick up a great center in the 3rd or 4th just becuase the draft is that deep at that position. Needless to say I'm just excited that we're at the pick the "best athlete available" stage of the game with an ace (TH) in the hole.

mysticsoto
04-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a CB but only if we move Nate for more picks or player/pick combo this year. Also it goes without saying that the CB is good enough to start and be effective. There are so many scenarios it's NUTS! but I'll be content with a WR or CB in the 2nd. We could pick up a great center in the 3rd or 4th just becuase the draft is that deep at that position. Needless to say I'm just excited that we're at the pick the "best athlete available" stage of the game with an ace (TH) in the hole.
I think we should try to keep Nate, if at all possible - rather than trade him away. But I think it is a good idea to draft a CB to give TD leverage in the negotiations, and as a fail safe. Also, if we draft...more of a prospect player, they could use the year to adjust better to the pros and to the scheme we run here. Brandon Browner would fall into that category and maybe be best as a 3rd round pick.

Michael82
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM

I would be like this all day.... :dance:

:jig:

MDFINFAN
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Centers???? Who's the LT that is taking Jonnas's Place? I never saw you guys pick one up in FA'cy.

mysticsoto
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Centers???? Who's the LT that is taking Jonnas's Place? I never saw you guys pick one up in FA'cy.
We'd let Gandy, TT and Jason Peters battle it out. TT would probably win - atleast initially, but I bet Jason Peters gets a couple of tries throughout the year and could probably take over beginning next year!!!

Alot of people seem to forget that Trey Teague's original position was at LT!!! And he still has the speed/athleticism to handle it. Jason Peters has the speed, athletisicm and strength, all he needs is the know how that comes with practice and good coaching.

MDFINFAN
04-18-2005, 03:32 PM
We'd let Gandy, TT and Jason Peters battle it out. TT would probably win - atleast initially, but I bet Jason Peters gets a couple of tries throughout the year and could probably take over beginning next year!!!

Alot of people seem to forget that Trey Teague's original position was at LT!!! And he still has the speed/athleticism to handle it. Jason Peters has the speed, athletisicm and strength, all he needs is the know how that comes with practice and good coaching.

Interesting, I thought TT was finished at the LT position, I thought he was more of a RT guy at this point in his career.. I really hope you guys don't go through what we've been though in trying to find a LT. We haven't had one since Web left.

Marvelous
04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
The_Philster used to be The Shermanator.
-Tucked in :lmao:

The_Philster
04-19-2005, 04:55 AM
The_Philster used to be The Shermanator.
-Tucked in :lmao:

because I don't look like a gang banger? :loser:

Marvelous
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Untucked = gangbanger??? I didn't know i was looking like a thug whenever i wear a jersey. Whatever Sherm.

MDFINFAN
04-19-2005, 01:11 PM
because I don't look like a gang banger? :loser:

That's a matter of opinion.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mysticsoto
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Interesting, I thought TT was finished at the LT position, I thought he was more of a RT guy at this point in his career.. I really hope you guys don't go through what we've been though in trying to find a LT. We haven't had one since Web left.
I have high hopes for Jason Peters. And despite all the "he can do anything" type posts here...he does seem best suited to take on the LT position more than anything else.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I have high hopes for Jason Peters. And despite all the "he can do anything" type posts here...he does seem best suited to take on the LT position more than anything else.
So do I.

Peters has all of the physical qualities that you could ask for in a young LT. The problem with him is that he lacks experience at any position because he has been moved around from position to position so much since entering college and he "isn't the brightest bulb on the tree". The main concern is whether he will be able to learn what he needs to learn fast enough to be able to step in and play the position effectively on the NFL level.

We don't know whether he can do that and neither I suspect do the Bills or Peters, himself! If the Bills don't think that he can, they will need to do something to shore up the position for the future. However, if he can, the Bills can move T.Teague to LT, with Peters backing him up, until they feel that Peters is ready to step in as the full-time starter--a role that he could fill for some years to come.

I'm not ready to write Peters off until he's had a chance to show what he can do as a full-time LT. Nor am I willing to annoint him the saviour of the Bills at the LT position, either. I trust Coach McNally, who has had a chance to work with Peters in practice for awhile, to have a better idea of what Peters can or can't do at this stage than I do: he's had a lot more experience working with and developing offensive linemen than I have had.

TigerJ
04-19-2005, 11:15 PM
It's been a while since I've seen him, but I don't think that's Phil in the picture. And I think that's her own hand. I guess she can put it there if she wants.

The_Philster
04-20-2005, 04:51 AM
It's been a while since I've seen him, but I don't think that's Phil in the picture. And I think that's her own hand. I guess she can put it there if she wants.

I haven't changed that much since you've seen me...cause that is me with Charlene

mysticsoto
04-20-2005, 07:45 AM
So do I.

Peters has all of the physical qualities that you could ask for in a young LT. The problem with him is that he lacks experience at any position because he has been moved around from position to position so much since entering college and he "isn't the brightest bulb on the tree". The main concern is whether he will be able to learn what he needs to learn fast enough to be able to step in and play the position effectively on the NFL level.

We don't know whether he can do that and neither I suspect do the Bills or Peters, himself! If the Bills don't think that he can, they will need to do something to shore up the position for the future. However, if he can, the Bills can move T.Teague to LT, with Peters backing him up, until they feel that Peters is ready to step in as the full-time starter--a role that he could fill for some years to come.

I'm not ready to write Peters off until he's had a chance to show what he can do as a full-time LT. Nor am I willing to annoint him the saviour of the Bills at the LT position, either. I trust Coach McNally, who has had a chance to work with Peters in practice for awhile, to have a better idea of what Peters can or can't do at this stage than I do: he's had a lot more experience working with and developing offensive linemen than I have had.
And this is my position also. TT I feel will be more than capable of handling the LT job until Peters comes up to speed. If we keep Peters at the LT position and have him work that only, it should begin to sink in. We should not need to be moving him around anymore. Let's let him stay at 1 spot so he can consistently work and practice there. I think McNally will develop him just fine.

And of course, that means we need to get a Center from the draft, and since the draft is full of good depth at that position, we should get a good one. Although, even if they weren't ready to start, Tucker could always start until they come up to speed also - since Tucker will probably lose his spot to Anderson...

TD seems to like O-lineman with versatility. That may mean they may target Incognito who has played every position on the line. He's a mean SOB, but doesn't apparently know how to turn it off once he's off the field. If he could learn that, he might be able to become a fantastic lineman. I wouldn't mind Spencer either, but that means taking him probably with a 2nd rd pick...Not sure if the Bills want to take a Center so high when there's good depth at the position...

Marvelous
04-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Philster, am i suppsoed to be upset because you negged me 3 times? And you call me gay. wtf! Your the cheesy bch that put his pic on the internet esp a football message board esp since ya look like a fairy in the said pic.

MDFINFAN
04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
And this is my position also. TT I feel will be more than capable of handling the LT job until Peters comes up to speed. If we keep Peters at the LT position and have him work that only, it should begin to sink in. We should not need to be moving him around anymore. Let's let him stay at 1 spot so he can consistently work and practice there. I think McNally will develop him just fine.

And of course, that means we need to get a Center from the draft, and since the draft is full of good depth at that position, we should get a good one. Although, even if they weren't ready to start, Tucker could always start until they come up to speed also - since Tucker will probably lose his spot to Anderson...

TD seems to like O-lineman with versatility. That may mean they may target Incognito who has played every position on the line. He's a mean SOB, but doesn't apparently know how to turn it off once he's off the field. If he could learn that, he might be able to become a fantastic lineman. I wouldn't mind Spencer either, but that means taking him probably with a 2nd rd pick...Not sure if the Bills want to take a Center so high when there's good depth at the position...

With LT, either the person has it or he don't, that's one position I'm finding harder to fill that trying find the money to fill my gas tank, with as much as it cost for Gas, which is another reason those guys get paid so much, it's hard to find replacements cheap, quality replacements that is.

TigerJ
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
I haven't changed that much since you've seen me...cause that is me with Charlene

I didn't say you did change, Phil, but my memory is a little foggy at my age. I don't think you had a hat when I saw you either.

The_Philster
04-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I didn't say you did change, Phil, but my memory is a little foggy at my age. I don't think you had a hat when I saw you either.

true...I don't wear hats that often other than gamedays