PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to the draft in NYC??

lordofgun
04-16-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm thinking about going!

If anyone could give me tips on how to get in, where to park, etc., that would be appreciated!

The_Philster
04-16-2005, 03:54 PM
:jawdrop: You're going there instead of the Draft party?
Well, you'll finally get to meet Kenny :idunno:

Sportsuser101
04-16-2005, 04:18 PM

If anyone could give me tips on how to get in, where to park, etc., that would be appreciated!
Best advice is to not go. You can't hear anything the guys say. You sit there forever and it is actually pretty boring. Its much better at home so you can look at scouting reports on the computer and talk to fellow Bills fans online. You can also see what idiotic comments come out of Mel Kiper Jrs mouth and you will also be able to see if Berman is right again.

Dozerdog
04-16-2005, 04:22 PM
It's at the Javits center this year, not the Garden. They moved it because of venue size, and also the owners of the Garden are opposing/sueing the Jets over the new West Side stadium.

You're killing me LoG. Yesterday was the deadline to get you a credential if you wanted to get in for free. I put you in for one anyway.

The Spaz
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
It's free.

SABURZFAN
04-16-2005, 05:28 PM
take BF1 with you.that's if his wife let's him go.

Typ0
04-16-2005, 07:05 PM

Park outside of the city and ride the trains...it will be a lot cheaper and you won't have to worry about driving down there.

kevinj22
04-16-2005, 07:09 PM
I live in the NY area and have been to the draft 3 times. It is fun but a very long day. You have to get there very early to get a wristband because they only allow a certain amount of people in. It is free and they give you a goody bag with contests and a portable radio so that you can listen to ESPN radio. It's really fun for the kids because they have different things to do like taking a picture with your teams jersey like your being drafted at the podium. The best part is getting to see all of the football crazies getting dressed up for the draft, you can't wait for the season to start. I haven't been to the JJ center for the draft before but I'm sure that you will have fun regardless.

thebuffalobills4
04-17-2005, 10:11 AM

man your lucky if you get to go.heck i wish i could go.