PDA

View Full Version : First the Jets, now the Yankees?!

Bill Brasky
04-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Here goes more tax payer money to another stadium in the city. Maybe Buffalo should jump on board since the state seems so willing to just hand out cash for new stadiums.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2038623

Sportsuser101
04-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Here goes more tax payer money to another stadium in the city. Maybe Buffalo should jump on board since the state seems so willing to just hand out cash for new stadiums.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2038623
Mets are supposely getting 1 soon too that is suppose to look like Ebbets field.

willis_mchenry
04-16-2005, 04:42 PM
The Yankees are going to pay for the $800 Million stadium themselves.

Dozerdog
04-16-2005, 05:13 PM
They should. They have spent more ($880 million) in payroll and luxury taxes since their last World Series win.

It's an investment that will pay off.

Carlton Bailey
04-16-2005, 06:42 PM
The Yankees own everyone.

STAMPY
04-16-2005, 07:57 PM
The Yankees own everyone.

Ask the Orioles that :snicker:

BAM
04-16-2005, 08:28 PM
:gag:

OpIv37
04-16-2005, 08:32 PM

as long as they're paying for it themselves. I don't even pay taxes in NYS anymore, but the amount of WNY money used to support that city makes me sick to my stomach.

Novacane
04-16-2005, 09:12 PM
as long as they're paying for it themselves. I don't even pay taxes in NYS anymore, but the amount of WNY money used to support that city makes me sick to my stomach.

:posrep: I wish WNY could seceed. Chop of the eastern end of NY and Penn and make them a state and WNY and Western PA a state.

NJFINSFAN1
04-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Giants are paying for everything! The Mets have offered the same thing! The Jets new place will never be built!

ZacGriffi~82
04-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Ask the Orioles that :snicker:

I think he literally meant that they own everyone. :D:

tampabay25690
04-16-2005, 11:23 PM
:gag:

Thanks Orioles............I love to see the Yankees lose, it shows when you have $200 million dollar payroll and a coach that sits on the bench and does absolutely nothing how much you win, Old Georgy boy will be doing some firing soon!!!!!!

superbills
04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks Orioles............I love to see the Yankees lose, it shows when you have $200 million dollar payroll and a coach that sits on the bench and does absolutely nothing how much you win, Old Georgy boy will be doing some firing soon!!!!!!

Ummmmm. It's April. I'm sure the Yankees are quaking since there's roughly 150 games to go. Yeah, they're definitely out of it. Might as well fire everyone. Yeah, Joe Torre Sucks. Not even he can get those high priced players to perform. Those 4 Wold championships he has to his credit with the team mean absolutely nothing. What a bunch of losers. :boring:

STAMPY
04-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Ummmmm. It's April. I'm sure the Yankees are quaking since there's roughly 150 games to go. Yeah, they're definitely out of it. Might as well fire everyone. Yeah, Joe Torre Sucks. Not even he can get those high priced players to perform. Those 4 Wold championships he has to his credit with the team mean absolutely nothing. What a bunch of losers. :boring:

I love it!!!

Cause If you were 9-3 or something and Boston was 4-8 or something u dummies would be talking

Of course since it's u guys who are stinking up the house ur saying it's april

I remember u dummies talking smack at our 0-5 start (Amazin New Look Mets of 05 fan)

Looky looky 6-5, 6 in row soon to be 7!!!

tampabay25690
04-17-2005, 01:15 AM

Hey just think if the Yankees didnt spend $200 million they would be lucky to break .500........it really doesnt matter to me if a salary cap ever happened you poor Yankee fans would never ever see a championship ever again!!!!!

Bill Brasky
04-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Mets are supposely getting 1 soon too that is suppose to look like Ebbets field.

Yeah, the Mets will probably be getting a new stadium too... the Giants just announced yesterday they are building a new one in NJ as well. Looks like once again everything revolves around the city and the rest of the state is stuck with it's pants around the ankles getting it in the ass while Albany and NYC run through a nice green field holding hands and making out.

Yeah, they aren't paying for the $300 million + parking lot... that better be the best damn parking lot ever built on the face of mother earth.

All of this is NYC's pathetic push to get the olypmics, plain and simple. I hope this city doesn't get the olympics for a bunch of reasons:

1) so I can laugh in their face
2) so we won't have worse traffic than we already have here
3) all these billions of tax payer dollars go to absolute waste for a bunch of stadiums that nobody north of Westchester could give two ****s about. Then maybe the citizens will be pissed off enough to revolt.
4) I could keep going but it'd be a waste of time

Michael82
04-17-2005, 09:28 AM
:clap: Good post!

Actually I read that the Yankees will pay the $800 million for the stadium and that the $300 million is for the surrounding area. People always ***** about the area near the stadium in Bronx. They want to fix it up with the $300 million.

jamze132
04-17-2005, 10:31 AM
I have heard that for over 5 yearws now. There are no financial plans in the works that are known to the public. There used to be a website that had a model of what it was supposed to look like. A modern Ebetts Field, sort of. For instance, it didn't have a 259 ft porch down the lines, it was more traditional in size and similar to Shea, it just had straight fences like Safeco. secon, it had a retractable roof, so no more rain-outs. And one of the coolest things, is that the field can be rolled outside of the stadium for other sporting events that might damage it. Sorry I have no link as I can no longer find the website that had the pic. But, damn it, the Mets deserve another ballpark and as soon as the Wilpons ante up like Steinbrenner, it will bever happen.

G. Host
04-17-2005, 05:44 PM
:posrep: I wish WNY could seceed. Chop of the eastern end of NY and Penn and make them a state and WNY and Western PA a state.

Add lower (as in bowels) NY and that corner of PA to NJ or merge it with Connecticut. No need for a state. They can even have the name "New York".

NJFINSFAN1
04-18-2005, 09:36 AM
You would have to think New Yorkers will be up in arms about the Jets, when the Giants are not only paying for a stadium to be built, but paying for the old one to be knocked down and paying something like 6.3 million dollars a year for rent to NJ!!!

BFBills
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
how can we leave Yankee Stadium? (is sad)

Bill Brasky
04-18-2005, 03:33 PM
how can we leave Yankee Stadium? (is sad)

Normally when things stink people want them out of the house :snicker: