PDA

View Full Version : Could it be that interest by Bucs & Eagles

Yasgur's Farm
04-16-2005, 04:02 PM
It is entirely possible that Denny is calling in a few favors in having the Bucs and Eagles show interest in Henry. That way, he can meet TD's demands without making it look like he's backpeddling.

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Those would be huge huge favors. I doubt it.

MikeInRoch
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
I figured they were huge favors for TD - so that Arizona would get concerned and give in. :snicker:

Yasgur's Farm
04-16-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't see it as a huge favor if they haven't actually made an offer to the Bills... In this case they would just be leaking info to the press.

Anyway... it's just a thought. I'm not saying it's fact.

Dozerdog
04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Why on earth would the Eagles and Bucs, two NFC teams they have to compete with for playoff spots, do any favors for the Cardinals?

They are 3 teams that can really use Travis Henry. The Bucs need a RB, and could draft one at their pick- as one of the Big 3 should be there. The Cards have to hedge a bit. Both of them also could use their top 10 picks to plug huge holes on their teams and both teams have reasonably good chances at the playoffs in the weak NFC...if they can patch their rosters up enough to get to 9 wins.

The Eagles are just 1-2 players away from winning the Super Bowl. Henry would give Westbrook a good compliment to do that. They also can afford to extend and keep Henry. Thye big question is ...will Henry and his agent ( :lolpoint: Hardly Everhard) convince themselves that they need not be an undisputed #1

The Buccaneers and Eagles both have a truckload of day 1 selections.

ryjam282
04-16-2005, 07:01 PM
I agree, no way they do that kind of favor....

Dozerdog
04-16-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't see it as a huge favor if they haven't actually made an offer to the Bills... In this case they would just be leaking info to the press.

Anyway... it's just a thought. I'm not saying it's fact.
Not picking on you or anything, ....but what value is that? No GM ever makes trades on press rumors. TD could care less. He set his price for Henry, and isn't going to budge if it's not met.

Both the Eagles and Bucs are on the record that they have talked to the Bills. I don't think either club would waste their time if there was no interest.

Yasgur's Farm
04-16-2005, 07:41 PM
You know how it is Dozer. It's off season... not much new to talk about... draft coming up. Sometimes the mind just wanders and comes up with some obscure and abstract thoughts.

After reading a few comments about how TD may have orchestrated the additional interest in order to pressure Denny, I thought it would be interesting to explore this path.

Dozerdog
04-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Draft one week away!

:up:

Yasgur's Farm
04-16-2005, 07:48 PM
You bet... The Henry issue should be settled by then.:beers:

AndreReed83
04-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't understand that Jay Glazer Foxsports article saying Henry could be had by the Eagles for a 3rd or maybe even 4th rounder. What exactly was Mr. Glazer basing this off of? Certainly not the actions of TD.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-17-2005, 03:09 AM
I don't understand that Jay Glazer Foxsports article saying Henry could be had by the Eagles for a 3rd or maybe even 4th rounder. What exactly was Mr. Glazer basing this off of? Certainly not the actions of TD.
Good point. I was puzzled by that, too.

I'm thinking that that might have been a bit of gamesmanship by the Eagles.

While I believe that it is legitimately the case that all three teams are interested in trying to trade for T.Henry, at this point, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any of the reports or rumors that are floating around about this deal or the possibility of TB trading with the Fish so that they can draft Alex Smith (why would they do that when last season J.Gruden was ready to annoint C.Simms as his starter before he got hurt and B.Griese did everything Gruden asked of him so well that they re-signed him in the off-season? drafting another young QB to develop doesn't make sense at this stage unless Simms was hurt a lot worse than they are letting on).

I think that all of these teams and their GMs are blowing a lot of smoke to hide their real intentions going into the draft and to improve their negotiating positions with one another and, in Philly's case I believe, with B.Westbrook.

I believe that the interest in T.Henry shown by TB and Philly has strengthened TD's hand in coming up with a trade for T.Henry, but I will believe that a deal has been made and what the terms of the deal are when a trade is finally announced. And, I've been saying all along that a trade for T.Henry probably won't get done until draft day.

Yasgur's Farm
04-17-2005, 07:46 AM
You know what really pizzes me off? When idiots neg without having the stones enough to say who they are or why they did it.