PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a Henry/Westbrook trade to me?!

jchild178
04-16-2005, 10:48 PM
What do you guys think of this trade if it were to happen? It could add another weapon to our backfield, possible even to our whole Offense. We might even be talkin about draft picks in this trade.

Heres the link.... http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#041605

Italian Stallion
04-16-2005, 10:54 PM
What do you guys think of this trade if it were to happen? It could add another weapon to our backfield, possible even to our whole Offense. We might even be talkin about draft picks in this trade.

Heres the link.... http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#041605

:blowup:

Nothing in that article states that this trade is even being considered....Westbrook isn't being traded, they want a compliment to him in THEIR offense

jchild178
04-16-2005, 10:57 PM
yea your right now that i look at again, well sounded good anyway....by the way what spot do the eagles have in the second round?

DMBcrew36
04-17-2005, 01:10 AM
yea your right now that i look at again, well sounded good anyway....by the way what spot do the eagles have in the second round?
Eagles have the 35th and 63rd in the 2nd round

gr8slayer
04-17-2005, 01:53 AM
Man Im sorry but that would be the dumbest trade in a while. Why trade for Westbrook? The guy is a featured back in Philly and would want to be one in Buffalo as well. The last thing we need is to have Willis pissed off at us when he has a super agent like Drew.

We need picks not players.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Philly isn't looking to trade Westbrook. Westbrook is one of their biggest weapons and a key to their offense.

Their interest in T.Henry serves two purposes: it puts pressure on Westbrook to accept their contract offer, which he has not signed yet; and would give them a tough, experienced runner that they could use to spell Westbrook in short yardage situations in much the same manner as they used Dorsey Levens.

For some reason (unbeknownst to me, but that was extremely frustrating since Westbrook was one of my FFL RBs last season), Andy Reid does not like to give Westbrook the ball in short-yardage situations or down on the goal-line. It didn't matter if Westbrook gained every one of the 65 yards from the Eagles 30 to the opponent's 5, once Philly got inside the opponent's 10, Westbrook was either only used as a decoy or on the bench. With D.Levens getting up in age and losing effectiveness and C.Buckhalter trying to come back from a very serious injury that could severely limit his abilities, T.Henry would give Philly the kind of hard-running RB that they want to spell Westbrook, but there is no way that they would give up Westbrook--who is the ideal, versatile pass-catching and running threat for their offense--in order to get T.Henry. A draft choice? Yes. They have draft choices to spare and T.Henry has the kind of experience and proven toughness that they can't get from a rookie like JJ Arrington, et al. They might be willing to part with a 2nd rounder to get T.Henry.... I doubt that TD would be willing to settle for less than that now that he has three teams interested in making a possible trade.

YardRat
04-17-2005, 05:26 AM
I don't think the Philly deal has any truth behind it at all---posturing by both teams to attempt to help each other out with their RB situations.

Tampa may have come back into the mix just because they may think the price for Henry might come down to what they're willing to give.

I stiil think Arizona for Shelton will get done this week.

Nighthawk
04-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't think the Philly deal has any truth behind it at all---posturing by both teams to attempt to help each other out with their RB situations.

Tampa may have come back into the mix just because they may think the price for Henry might come down to what they're willing to give.

I stiil think Arizona for Shelton will get done this week.

I truly believe the Tampa Bay deal will get done. Tampa wants to get QB Smith or one of the top WRs in the draft and are looking to move up. If they get Henry, that fills the RB slot. It makes too much sense with everything else that they're trying to do.

Jayhawk
04-17-2005, 10:27 AM
give us a couple picks for travis.

RetroRaiders81
04-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Philly won't get rid of Westbrook.

leper65
04-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Philly is probably trying to put some pressure on Westbrook to sign his 1 year tender offer. It does help to put some pressure on ARI and TBB though...

BuffaloRanger
04-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Could it be possible that Modrak and his Philly connections are working together for their mutual benefit?

Eagles get help in pressuring Westbrook to accept offer. Bills get help because it could drive up price of TH.

Very interesting.

askabry
04-18-2005, 09:15 AM
A move to the top of the second makes for a good move by TD; enables us to pick a quality OLineman (Baas?), a pdg DB, or a wild card (Jones?) ... and then still use 55 for Nuge. There's some very high quality players at the top of round 2.

A move for the bottom of the second is waste ... but at any rate, it's good to spike up interest and pressure on Gruden and Green.

By the way ... I just don't see how TB can both move up to get Alex Smith AND trade for T-Hen. They'd have to yield their 1 and 2 just to get the pick they want. What do they have left for Henry???