PDA

View Full Version : Henry Trade

B-DON
04-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Apr. 15 - The Bucs are operating as though they have a chance to get Utah quarterback Alex Smith if he drops to the second pick, according to John Clayton. The debate is whether to give up a second-round choice to move up from No. 5 to No. 2. Smith is the quarterback the Bucs want after seeing him work out last week. The Dolphins are studying him to be the No. 2 pick if they don't trade out. The Dolphins want draft choices. They can get one in the Patrick Surtain deal with the Chiefs, but they should get a better draft choice from the Bucs.
The second aspect to the Bucs' move to possibly get Smith is what they are doing at running back. The Bucs contacted the Bills about acquiring halfback Travis Henry. The Bucs might be willing to come up with the right player – not a draft choice – that would entice the Bills to make a trade. If the Bucs could acquire Alex Smith and Henry in two separate trades, they certainly would be big winners in this draft.

i dont really see anything i want player wise that they would give up so unless they come up with some draft picks x them off the list

Michael82
04-17-2005, 12:38 PM
I wonder if it's Kenyatta Walker and a pick.

B-DON
04-17-2005, 01:00 PM
that was the only player that came to my mind to

L.A. Playa
04-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I read somewhere someones scenario that the Bills are gonna trade Henry for Rhonde Barber, then trade Clements to washington for their #1 and other picks in this draft, fueled by the speculation since Clement will be only cb on market next year he will become highest paid CB inthe league

Dozerdog
04-17-2005, 01:17 PM
He's a RT in Tampa's scheme. If Walker was worthy of being passed over by TD back in 2001, and he's not really impressed since, why do we want him now?

Todd Steussie is his backup- wasn't he implicated in that Carolina Roid thingy?

Dozerdog
04-17-2005, 01:19 PM
I read somewhere someones scenario that the Bills are gonna trade Henry for Rhonde Barber, then trade Clements to washington for their #1 and other picks in this draft, fueled by the speculation since Clement will be only cb on market next year he will become highest paid CB inthe league

Why would Washington trade their #1 pick (and maybe others) for a guy with only a 1 year deal?

Even if a contract wasn't an issue, Clements' value isn't the 7th overall pick in the draft. They would be better off grabbing the top CB in the draft.

Carlton Bailey
04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Anthony McFarland would be great but I think he's making too much money.

Samphin1
04-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Walker sucks. I can tell you right now you would be better off trying to get L.J. from Arizona.

ShadowHawk7
04-17-2005, 01:37 PM
I think we will trade Henry to Philly for it's late 2nd round pick at #63.

The Spaz
04-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Kenyatta Walker Blows.

DraftBoy
04-17-2005, 02:53 PM

I had heard the same thing a week ago but dismissed it as wishful thinking. Barber and Clements are rather close in skill and getting Washington's 1st plus some for Clements would be great!

leper65
04-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Why would Washington trade their #1 pick (and maybe others) for a guy with only a 1 year deal?

Washington isn't really known for their clever moves the last few years. Who knows why they do anything these days ?

Dozerdog
04-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Washington isn't really known for their clever moves the last few years. Who knows why they do anything these days ?
So we are basing our draft moves hoping the Redskins make terrible moves that make no sense?

And why woud TD want to draft a player and be forced to pay him a massive rookie deal? The talent in this draft is pretty even. Teams are dying to trade out of the top 10 strictly on economics- they know hey can draft a guy a lot cheaper with close , if not the same talent.

McGaheehee
04-17-2005, 07:50 PM
So, do you think that the trade will go down? Will it help us?

Carlton Bailey
04-17-2005, 08:58 PM
I'd rather have Ronde Barber than Nate Clements. They are both really good corners but Barber does things the right way. He's a classy guy who doesn't do a dance everytime he makes a tackle. For those worried that we'll miss Clements' punt returning, we can just let Freddie Smith do it.

camelcowboy
04-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, Clements is great, but if TD knows we can't resign him before the free agent market next year then this is how i would deal with the situation. Keep in mind this years draft is very deep with good corner back prospects.

If you could trade clements to Washington, Arizona, for their first round pick. In this case it would be pick 8 or pick 9. Then i would trade the pick down to aquire more draft picks. A team looking to draft alex barron the tackle such as the Texans, or Carolina would love to trade up. Or if pac-man Jones, or Rolle fall to these picks then i can see kansas city, or the saints trading up.
You can continue to trade down with other teams, aquiring more picks as you head to the bottom of the first round. With the low first round pick you can grab a good corner, such as Darrent Williams, Brandon Browner, or Corey Webster. You can take a gamble on matt jones, Heath miller. With the extra 2nd and 3rd round picks the bills can position themselves fill holes, at guard,DT, kicker, and Tight end.

I know this seems unlikely but washington did this in 2002 when the traded down from a pick in the mid teens, to the 32 pick to select Patrick Ramsey.

If your still not happy with corner situation keep in mind the Titans Andre Dyson is still on the market.

The moral is clements is great player, but with the cap the bills should stock pile draft picks, The more picks a team has the more flexibility, and power a team has.

lordofgun
04-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, Clements is great, but if TD knows we can't resign him before the free agent market next year then this is how i would deal with the situation. Keep in mind this years draft is very deep with good corner back prospects.

If you could trade clements to Washington, Arizona, for their first round pick. In this case it would be pick 8 or pick 9. Then i would trade the pick down to aquire more draft picks. A team looking to draft alex barron the tackle such as the Texans, or Carolina would love to trade up. Or if pac-man Jones, or Rolle fall to these picks then i can see kansas city, or the saints trading up.
You can continue to trade down with other teams, aquiring more picks as you head to the bottom of the first round. With the low first round pick you can grab a good corner, such as Darrent Williams, Brandon Browner, or Corey Webster. You can take a gamble on matt jones, Heath miller. With the extra 2nd and 3rd round picks you can position the bills can fill holes, at guard,DT, kicker, and Tight end.

I know this seems unlikely but washington did this in 2002 when the traded down from a pick in the mid teens, to the 32 pick to select Patrick Ramsey.

If your still not happy with corner situation keep in mind the Titans Andre Dyson is still on the market.

The moral is clements is great player, but with the cap the bills should stock pile draft picks, The more picks a team has the more flexibility, and power a team has.
Welcome! Great first post!

camelcowboy
04-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks, I love the forum

tampabay25690
04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I wonder if it's Kenyatta Walker and a pick.

Mikey thats what it said in the Tampa Tribune this AM....

askabry
04-18-2005, 08:25 AM
And why woud TD want to draft a player and be forced to pay him a massive rookie deal? ....

This isn't exactly true ... the seventh pick in the draft gets pretty fair money, but not like the top five. McKinnie (#7), as I recall, signed for about $15MM less than Mike Williams did in 02. Leftwich got between $23 and $30MM for seven years - but he's a QB and they get special considerations. Roy Williams didn't get huge money from the 'Boys either.

And as a big plus, top ten picks sign for more years. It's not as much a value pick as #10-14, but if you get the right guy, you can pretty much lock him up for five to seven years for very, very reasonable money.

Bottom line, though ... you could knock me over with a feather if three teams combined to move than quantity of players and high level picks on Saturday. Just too much grease required to make it happen ... and consider that the deal pretty much has to be in place in theory before the opening bell is sounded.

Nope. I'll take Philly's 35th pick, or Tampa Bay's 36th pick straight up for T-Hen and not look back. You could get a tier one OT at that spot, or Baas, and still take Nugy at #55. Or even Jones and Nugy.

askabry
04-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Mikey thats what it said in the Tampa Tribune this AM....

well ... as badly as Walker has turned out, if you can wangle a OT and the 36th pick in the draft for Henry ... well, all I can say is huzzah. Worst case scenario ... it puts pressure on Denny Green to give up his second class OT and the mid-level second.

camelcowboy
04-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Most important thing about the eagles, and bucs sudden interest in TH is that it now creates a bidding war. The cardinal only leverage was that no one else had interest for Henry. Denny Green was holding out because he didn't want to move down 11 spots in the second round. Now TD has him in a cornered. Under no circumstances should the bills settle for anything less than a second for Henry. I don't want LJ Shelton, or kenyatta Walker. These players are barely keeping their spots on historically bad offensive lines. They are not quality left tackles.

Has anyone heard anything about Chris Terry the former right tackle on the seahawks. He has had some off the field problems, but is excellent in pass protection.