PDA

View Full Version : Clements Trade

robeezy
04-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Um, maybe I just haven't been around enough but, is this trade talk coming form BZ peeps or is there some talk within the organization? It seems to me like the Bills plan to keep Clements(It's not like they won't have the money next year). I mean he is a top level CB in the league. Why do you folks wanna get rid of him? I though the idea was to keep the good players.

YardRat
04-17-2005, 03:55 PM
There is a link to the rumor on another thread, I believe.

It's nice to keep the good ones, but the salary cap demands you get more bang for the buck.

At what cost do you keep your own over getting two or three players from other teams?

AndreReed83
04-17-2005, 03:58 PM
There is a link to the rumor on another thread, I believe.

It's nice to keep the good ones, but the salary cap demands you get more bang for the buck.

At what cost do you keep your own over getting two or three players from other teams?

Well, when those two or three replacement players probably couldn't replace Nate's productivity combined, I think just about any cost is worth it.

thebuffalobills4
04-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Um, maybe I just haven't been around enough but, is this trade talk coming form BZ peeps or is there some talk within the organization? It seems to me like the Bills plan to keep Clements(It's not like they won't have the money next year). I mean he is a top level CB in the league. Why do you folks wanna get rid of him? I though the idea was to keep the good players.
those rumors i bet yeah are all lies.

robeezy
04-17-2005, 07:02 PM
So does this mean I'm not going to get a straight answer?

BuffaloRanger
04-18-2005, 12:38 AM
It's popular opinion that Clements AKA "the Playmaker" will want to test the FA waters. Some team will pay him crazy money.

Clements was TD and GWs first draft choice in Buffalo. GW as the story goes, would like to trade for Clements to replace Smoot/Bailey loses from this year and last. If TD knows he's going to lose NC after the season, he may trade him now. The Defense would drop from #2 to maybe #9 in the NFL but the draft picks/players in return could bolster the team in other areas (OL for instance) resulting in overall improvement.

It's all just speculation. Somebody, somewhere said "Wouldn't it make sense if..." and people ran with it.

elltrain22
04-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Call me selfish, but we can't get rid of Clements b/c I got his jersey, and I don't want to have to toss it...

gobuffalo2007
04-18-2005, 07:23 AM

The only reason the bills would get rid of clements is money but there is no money problems within the organization right now.

BuffaloRanger
04-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Yes the Bills could possibly afford him, but at what expense? He's going to want to be the highest paid CB in Football - especially if he has another Pro-Bowl season.

That's alot of money to wrap up into one player.

Sportsuser101
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Call me selfish, but we can't get rid of Clements b/c I got his jersey, and I don't want to have to toss it...
Yeah I've already tossed my Bledsoe, Henry, Winfield and Price jerseys.

robeezy
04-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes the Bills could possibly afford him, but at what expense? He's going to want to be the highest paid CB in Football - especially if he has another Pro-Bowl season.

That's alot of money to wrap up into one player.

BUT, if he does have a great season, make the probowl, why shouldn't he get paid?

sb_bound
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
BUT, if he does have a great season, make the probowl, why shouldn't he get paid?
Are you willing to give him 6 years $55 million because that is about what it is going to take to sign him?

No player in the organization is worth that kind of money. NC will be the highest paid CB in the NFL because someone (like Dan Snyder) will poney up the dough. It is simple business, Nate will go to the highest bidder.

L.A. Playa
04-18-2005, 04:23 PM
But the Bills havea franchise tag trust me he will be tagged and next year is uncapped I believe