PDA

View Full Version : NFL admits 9 blown calls in Vikings-Packers game

Cntrygal
12-11-2002, 09:30 PM
Fallout continued Wednesday from the wild conclusion to the Vikings' 26-22 loss Sunday in Green Bay. In a confidential memorandum, the NFL acknowledged its officiating crew made at least nine mistakes during the game -- including a pass interference call that negated a Vikings interception on the Packers' game-winning drive, according to a league source who saw the document.

The zebra's make a mistake? Say it isn't so! (http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/3526680.html)

BTP
12-11-2002, 09:59 PM
CountryGal word of advice. Dont believe most of the things you read in the Star Tribune. It's a pretty one sided bias paper out of the land of 10,000 puddles. Did you see the line in the paragraph above that? :

The Vikings have been publicly critical of officials throughout the season questioning calls and non-calls with increasing frustration.

Tice has been doing this all year after every *L*. He sent 12 plays this week to be reviewed by the NFL front office. I guess he is just frustated over the poor officating around the league this year. I have to kind of agree with him here thou. It's time for the NFL to hire full time refs. The game has gotten faster,and more complex over the last 10-15 years. Alot of the refs are not fast enough to catch the play/stick with the play or get the hell out the way of it . Let be honest here alot of those guys are just to damn old and slow and out of shape!

Does it take one the Zebra's to get seriously hurt before they(the NFL) address this?

As far as the plays Vs the Packer this past week. One of the plays he keeps bringing up is the Robert Ferguson TD that should have been called on the ½ yard line,because he wasnt in.(yes this evening coming from a Packer fan) However, if he felt so strongly over this. He did have a challenge to use. It was also kind of a poor choice by him and his coaching staff NOT to challenge it. Because he proable would have easily won it.

Cntrygal
12-11-2002, 10:10 PM
I agree with ya on the zebra's! It's one thing for the fans to complain about the use/nonuse of the challenges, but for a coach to whine about a play when he could've thrown the red flag (unless he's like Wanny and needs an assistant to help him get it out of his pocket :D ).

Thanks for the heads up on the "star tribune" .... This was just the first reporting that I seen on the topic. If you find a different point of view - feel welcome to post it here! (it'll save me work ;) )

don137
12-12-2002, 05:55 AM
What else would you expect from Walt Coleman's crew? They screwed the Bills against the Patriots and now the Vikings...

Cntrygal
12-13-2002, 06:39 PM
it'll be intresting to see the officiating this week.

Cntrygal
12-13-2002, 06:52 PM
The NFL fined six players Friday for their actions during the fourth quarter of Sunday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers .

Antuan Edwards, Mike McKenzie and Nate Wayne of the Packers and Hunter Goodwin, Jim Kleinsasser and Chris Walsh of the Vikings were fined.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6014301