PDA

View Full Version : The X-factor: Jones' athleticism has Bills, other NFL teams intrigued

The_Philster
04-18-2005, 05:07 AM
At 6-feet-5, 239 pounds with 4.37 speed in the 40-yard dash, he has the best size-to-speed ratio in this weekend's NFL draft. He can play quarterback, tight end or wide receiver. Heck, he can long snap, return punts and even play free safety against the Hail Mary. Introducing Matt Jones, who has been called the salary cap bargain of 2005, a player many experts believe would be an intriguing fit for the Buffalo Bills with the 55th overall pick...more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050418/SPORTS03/504180327/1007/SPORTS)

elltrain22
04-18-2005, 06:21 AM
I don't understand why I see so many posts about Matt Jones. Yea, he ran a great 40 at the combine, yes he is a converted qb turned wr, and yes, he is a very intriguing prospect, but he is going to be a late first round, early 2nd round pick, and we really have no chance at picking him up; unless we do some dealing... Besides, I'd still rather we draft a OT with our first pick...

DraftBoy
04-18-2005, 06:58 AM
I don't understand why I see so many posts about Matt Jones. Yea, he ran a great 40 at the combine, yes he is a converted qb turned wr, and yes, he is a very intriguing prospect, but he is going to be a late first round, early 2nd round pick, and we really have no chance at picking him up; unless we do some dealing... Besides, I'd still rather we draft a OT with our first pick...

I dont think an OT is feasible at our pick in rd 2 unless you wanna reach for Terry who i think we could get in rd 3. Also Bennie Anderson or Mike Gandy could play the oppositte tackle. Maybe G in rd 2?? Also Matt Jones has the BPA (Best Player Available) tag and teams with no major holes (like Philly, NE, Buffalo) would take him strictly for his athleticism. Also all those teams mentioned are thin at WR too.

mysticsoto
04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
I dont think an OT is feasible at our pick in rd 2 unless you wanna reach for Terry who i think we could get in rd 3. Also Bennie Anderson or Mike Gandy could play the oppositte tackle. Maybe G in rd 2?? Also Matt Jones has the BPA (Best Player Available) tag and teams with no major holes (like Philly, NE, Buffalo) would take him strictly for his athleticism. Also all those teams mentioned are thin at WR too.
Exactly. There aren't many OTs that are worth a 2nd rd pick. The ones that are will already be taken. We might as well take best available player. JP needs weapons and having a trio of Moulds, Evans and Jones would be deadly!!!

justasportsfan
04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
The creative things that MUlarkey could do w/ this kid especially in the red zone. :drool:

justasportsfan
04-18-2005, 08:25 AM
http://pantherinsider.blogspot.com/2005/04/matt-jones-is-beas-and-video-to-prove.html