04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfl

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY
Travis Henry
Bills

Cardinals
Bucs
Eagles

Apr. 18 - The Buccaneers continue to talk to the Bills about running back Travis Henry, but they have competition. The Eagles are definitely a player in these trade talks and could take the lead if they wish, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Philly has enough draft choice clout to top the player-for-player options presented by the Bucs and Cardinals. Arizona is offering left tackle L.J. Shelton. The Bills want draft choices to be involved in any trade, and may favor something from the Eagles.

Jayhawk
04-18-2005, 10:59 AM
cool

Pride
04-18-2005, 10:59 AM
I just dont see why the eagles would be doing this?

Dicknoze69
04-18-2005, 11:01 AM
They need an actual RB who can pound the ball. Buckhalter is always hurt, and Westbrook is best as a Warrick Dunn-type. Throw in that they have a ton of picks and that Henry's cheap, and I think it's a good fit.

I think the Bucs will trade up with Miami and give them their 2nd round pick, so we'd need a player from the Bucs instead.

djjimkelly
04-18-2005, 11:03 AM
i totally understand why eagles would be doing this westbrook is more a threat on a swing pass then running between the tackles. how many times watching the eagles do u see them throwing on 2nd and 2 this is something that makes alot of sense for the eagles if u ask me.

BuffaloRanger
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Smoke and Mirrors? Modrak and his Eagle connections working together? Eagles use this to force Westbrook to sign. Bills use this to drive the price for TH up. Win-Win.

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Philly is dangerous as it is. If Travis moves there, there's a real chance of him getting a ring before we do. Then he gets the last laugh. :(

Jayhawk
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
meh, we will get one within the next five years.

Stewie
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
TH is the perfect complement to westbrook.

HAMMER
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Philly is dangerous as it is. If Travis moves there, there's a real chance of him getting a ring before we do. Then he gets the last laugh. :(

I think TH would help put the Eagles over the top. If I'm the Eagles FO I give up a second for him in a heart beat. There are a lot of people on this board with very short memories, Travis Henry is an excellent, tough back that punishes.

DraftBoy
04-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I think TH would help put the Eagles over the top. If I'm the Eagles FO I give up a second for him in a heart beat. There are a lot of people on this board with very short memories, Travis Henry is an excellent, tough back that punishes.

Also one who has limited production and previous fumble problems.

Dominator77
04-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Henry to the Eagles would be a great fit for them and a win for us as hopefully TD will be able to get us more picks. Although I could easily see Travis Henry coughing up a crucial fumble in the playoffs next year for the Eagles that costs them the game :comedy: and we will just sit back and say "thank goodness TD drafted Willis" :pray:

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd take Travis over 1/2 of the starting backs in the league any day of the week.

Dominator77
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
I'd take Travis over 1/2 of the starting backs in the league any day of the week.

I would too but I wouldn't be able to trust him in a big game or in a crucial game situation. He fumbles way too much for me to consider him a top flight back. I also don't think he'll last that long in the NFL. I love the way he fights and battles but he takes way too many hard shots from defenders when we gets tackled. The truly great backs like Emmitt, Payton, etc etc. knew when to get down and knew how to spin and fall down when necessary to save their body.

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I hope we trade TH for Philly's second rounder at pick #63 I think.

HAMMER
04-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Also one who has limited production and previous fumble problems.

Limited production? 12 and 13 hundred yards is better than limited, especially in Gilbride's piece of schnit offenses, and having missed games with injuries. He had fumbling problems for a season. Keep in mind that our running problems early last year were in large part due to the fact that we faced 4 of the leagues best run defenses in the first six games. I believe he is a top 10 back.

Last year at this time everyone was saying how foolish we would be to get rid of Henry before we saw what Willis had. Now they can't unload him fast enough. He is under contract and is cheap, what happens if Willis breaks his leg in camp, what if he trips over his dog, what if he falls off a ladder changing a light bulb? It pisses me off that people are dissing one of the toughest players the Bills have had. Nuff said.

camelcowboy
04-18-2005, 12:29 PM
I hope we trade TH for Philly's second rounder at pick #63 I think.
Wouldn't it be great if we could get their pick 35, even if we had to toss in a 3 or 4th round pick

camelcowboy
04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Limited production? 12 and 13 hundred yards is better than limited, especially in Gilbride's piece of schnit offenses, and having missed games with injuries. He had fumbling problems for a season. Keep in mind that our running problems early last year were in large part due to the fact that we faced 4 of the leagues best run defenses in the first six games. I believe he is a top 10 back.

Last year at this time everyone was saying how foolish we would be to get rid of Henry before we saw what Willis had. Now they can't unload him fast enough. He is under contract and is cheap, what happens if Willis breaks his leg in camp, what if he trips over his dog, what if he falls off a ladder changing a light bulb? It pisses me off that people are dissing one of the toughest players the Bills have had. Nuff said.
We know he is a good back, but it better serves us to trade him, and receive value for him. He has one year left on his contract after that he'll walk. Even if we keep him there is no guarentee he will play for us this season. Willis can be hit by a lightning bolt walking out side. Stuff happens doesn't mean they should not make a good trade when they have one. You can always draft a another running back, especially this year when the draft is deep at that postion.

DraftBoy
04-18-2005, 12:47 PM

1200 yards a season isnt exactly something that makes me jump up and down and get excited about a back in the NFL, esp one that gets injured, and one that takes extra hits, and one who puts the ball on the ground. Also let me correct you many posters including myself were calling for Henry to be traded then during the TC bc his value was at its highest. We obviously knew who the better back was and is, thought that a suitable backup was an easy thing to find. We realize very quickly this year how much we should of dealt Henry previously and let McGahee start the season. Henry has had some great games here and he's a warrior and dont let anybody tell you or anybody else any different, but his potential is limited he will never gain more than 1500 yards, he will most likely not get double digit td's consistenly. That is not what I want in a back from my team, id like 1500+ yards per season and 10+ TD's. Willis can do that and I have no doubt about it. He's got Travis's power, a better stiff arm, more speed, better vision, better hands, better blocking, and he plays through injuries. Also off the field he is yet to make any mistakes or make any stupid comments to the media and sound like a whiny cry baby. You wonder why the fans want him gone so bad? Since we drafted Willis the guy has been nothing more than a 2 yr old who doesnt want to play nice and share. Its ridiculous.

AndreReed83
04-18-2005, 12:59 PM
That fumbling problem is long gone. Travis has really worked hard to get over it, and it's paid off. Every year he's gotten better at holding on to the rock. The only reason people still get on to him about it is because people like ESPN tend to label athletes early and never let that label go.

DraftBoy
04-18-2005, 01:10 PM
That fumbling problem is long gone. Travis has really worked hard to get over it, and it's paid off. Every year he's gotten better at holding on to the rock. The only reason people still get on to him about it is because people like ESPN tend to label athletes early and never let that label go.

His fumbling problem has gotten worse since his rookie year so its not just a label;

2001 12gms 5 fumbles
2002 16gms 11 fumbles
2003 15gms 7 fumbles
2004 5gms 0 fumbles

(this is only games started)

Meathead
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Did you know Henry got zero fumbles before he hurt his ribs in 2003? Zero. He played, what, five or six games before hurting his ribs? If I'm a coach I know that and thus I know that he has most likely solved that problem.

casdhf
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfl

Philly has enough draft choice clout to top the player-for-player options presented by the Bucs and Cardinals.

What player are the Bucs offering?

djjimkelly
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
hey cas it mock from yahoo what ive read in colts bucs rumour that its was barber for james so id assume it would be the same thing bucs offering to us

jamze132
04-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I just dont see why the eagles would be doing this?
Westbrook has said that he deserves to be paid like a top RB. (sorry no link) The Eagles think they could sign Henry longterm to a resonablt contract.

Mr. Cynical
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
My guess is that if we get Philly's 2nd, TD is going to bundle our 2 picks and trade up to get a stud OL.

At least I hope that's what happens.

Mahdi
04-18-2005, 08:34 PM
My guess is that if we get Philly's 2nd, TD is going to bundle our 2 picks and trade up to get a stud OL.

At least I hope that's what happens.
Although that might be the safer thing to do. I think that there is a tackle that we can get somewhere in the 2nd Rd that our coaching staff can turn into a starter. That way we can keep our other 2nd rounder to get JP another weapon. Like Matt Jones or Reggie Brown or something. Then we can go C with our 3rd rounder.

mysticsoto
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Although that might be the safer thing to do. I think that there is a tackle that we can get somewhere in the 2nd Rd that our coaching staff can turn into a starter. That way we can keep our other 2nd rounder to get JP another weapon. Like Matt Jones or Reggie Brown or something. Then we can go C with our 3rd rounder.
Unfortunately, it does look like Philly might take Matt Jones with their 1st rounder. They have so many picks this draft (13) that even if they give us 1 for TH, they will still have alot.

So, if Matt Jones is gone by the early 2nd, is it worth doing a package to move up into the 1st and grab him? Or do we take maybe Corey Webster (CB) or Chris Spencer (C) in the 2nd instead. I don't think any other receiver is worth taking this high. I'd rather wait til the 3rd or 4th and grab Vincent Jackson/Larry Brackins instead.

Mahdi
04-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately, it does look like Philly might take Matt Jones with their 1st rounder. They have so many picks this draft (13) that even if they give us 1 for TH, they will still have alot.

So, if Matt Jones is gone by the early 2nd, is it worth doing a package to move up into the 1st and grab him? Or do we take maybe Corey Webster (CB) or Chris Spencer (C) in the 2nd instead. I don't think any other receiver is worth taking this high. I'd rather wait til the 3rd or 4th and grab Vincent Jackson/Larry Brackins instead.
vincent Jackson in the 3rd would be awesome. I think you can always get a good C late in this draft. And I wouldnt take a corner this early until we know for sure whats happening with clements. We can always get his replacement next year. If it doesnt cost too much and if the Bills are high on him then I would see about moving up to get Matt Jones. He looks like he can be a difference maker early just because of the match up problems teams will have with him in the redzone.

mysticsoto
04-19-2005, 10:15 AM
vincent Jackson in the 3rd would be awesome. I think you can always get a good C late in this draft. And I wouldnt take a corner this early until we know for sure whats happening with clements. We can always get his replacement next year. If it doesnt cost too much and if the Bills are high on him then I would see about moving up to get Matt Jones. He looks like he can be a difference maker early just because of the match up problems teams will have with him in the redzone.
Not a bad point of view - it might indeed be worth moving up for Matt Jones then...but what should we give up to move up??? And to whom? I definitely wouldn't want to move up too high - maybe just before Philly (mid to late 20s of the 1st rd?)...or do we try to make a trade with Philly directly their 1st for TH and our 2nd (is that fair enough???)

What trade looks realistic if we wanted to move up to get MJ???

Mahdi
04-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Not a bad point of view - it might indeed be worth moving up for Matt Jones then...but what should we give up to move up??? And to whom? I definitely wouldn't want to move up too high - maybe just before Philly (mid to late 20s of the 1st rd?)...or do we try to make a trade with Philly directly their 1st for TH and our 2nd (is that fair enough???)

What trade looks realistic if we wanted to move up to get MJ???
Assuming we have 2 2nd rounders then we can trade them to SD for their 1st @ 28 or pitts @ 30, or anyone else late in the 1st. If we havent traded Henry then packaging him and our 2nd to philly for their first sounds reasonable IMO. But then you would have to wait till the 3rd round to get an OL, which I dont like. In the end the ideal situation for me as of now is; Trade TH to philly for their 2nd. Take MJ with first pick,then take Adam Terry with our 55th.( they showed some of his highlights on NFLTA and this guy can run for a LT ...he gets out on running plays really well to chase down defenders and flatten them) Then I would take Ritchie Incognito in the 3rd, he is the type of center we need. Then with our 4th, I would take best available CB or DT. With our 5th we take Maurice Clarett. He seems like he's over his attitude problems and in the 5th its not much of a risk, especially for a guy who could have been a first rounder. 6th and 7th FS/SS and OT project.

mysticsoto
04-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Assuming we have 2 2nd rounders then we can trade them to SD for their 1st @ 28 or pitts @ 30, or anyone else late in the 1st. If we havent traded Henry then packaging him and our 2nd to philly for their first sounds reasonable IMO. But then you would have to wait till the 3rd round to get an OL, which I dont like. In the end the ideal situation for me as of now is; Trade TH to philly for their 2nd. Take MJ with first pick,then take Adam Terry with our 55th.( they showed some of his highlights on NFLTA and this guy can run for a LT ...he gets out on running plays really well to chase down defenders and flatten them) Then I would take Ritchie Incognito in the 3rd, he is the type of center we need. Then with our 4th, I would take best available CB or DT. With our 5th we take Maurice Clarett. He seems like he's over his attitude problems and in the 5th its not much of a risk, especially for a guy who could have been a first rounder. 6th and 7th FS/SS and OT project.
I almost agree with it all. Except that this whole discussion started b'cse it looks like Philly might take MJ as their 1st rd pick at #31. So we wouldn't get him with a 1st pick in the 2nd (presumably from a TH trade). I like the Incognito pick up and CB/DT in the 4th although depending on how you feel about the NC situation, a CB in the 2nd might be more prudent/safe. I don't think we need Maurice Clarett. I'd much rather try and sign the A-train behind McGahee, who can also be a punishing bruiser and fit into our style of play. The FO would need to convince him, however, to be behind McGahee and be happy with that.

HAMMER
04-19-2005, 01:14 PM

Why the infatuation with drafting this project Matt Jones, sure he has athletic ability but..... It will be a few years before he learns a new position and really excels, then he will have 1 more year with us and will potentially break the bank.

We have ignored the O-Line long enough, football games are won at the line of scrimmage. Say no to Matt Jones and bring in some line talent to breed.

mysticsoto
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Why the infatuation with drafting this project Matt Jones, sure he has athletic ability but..... It will be a few years before he learns a new position and really excels, then he will have 1 more year with us and will potentially break the bank.

We have ignored the O-Line long enough, football games are won at the line of scrimmage. Say no to Matt Jones and bring in some line talent to breed.
Well you can actually say the same about the Oline. We brought Mike Williams in thinking he was going to be a powerful run stopper that could eventually move to LT and paid him tons of money. So far, he is a mediocre RT who is improving slowly and getting paid handsomely.

Matt Jones is interesting b'cse he has speed and size. A 6'6" guy who can run under 4.40 is fantastic. I saw some videos from a link someone posted here and he ran by CBs in a QB sneak like they were nothing. It was very impressive. Additionally, he would be a great asset for lobbing a ball into the endzone to score. I believe someone told me he could jump 40" in the air. Now think about that...a 6'6" guy 40 inches in the air and long hands that will typically accompany a tall, lanky guy like him. That gives him a clearance of what? 13 ft from the ground...how many CBs or S are going to be able to outjump or bat the ball away without a pass interference call???

And by the way, I'm not saying ignore the O-line. In fact, I don't think they plan to. They've been looking at Centers closely and will undoubtedly grab one either in the 3rd or 4th. With the depth that there is, we could still get a decent one even in the 4th.