PDA

View Full Version : James to Buccs?

NJFINSFAN1
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Not trying to bust marbles here. I've seen a lot of talk about Henry to the Bucc's

I just saw this say Barber to the Colts for James.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-ondearberealtooltsin&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

How does this effect you trading Henry if this happens? Keep him? Trade him for less?

RedEyE
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
It would be a better trade for Tampa, and Indy gets good return. This may jepordize trade talks with the Bucs.

What everyone fails to realize is that we don't have to trade Henry this year. His strike against the cap is around $1.5, which really isn't a whole hell of a lot.

Do we need a lineman? Well, Yes. But, the Bills are only a Center away from a halfway decent line, IMO.

Dicknoze69
04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure TB can afford Edge. Aren't they pretty close on the cap?

I thought Henry's cheapness was one his best qualities as a trading chip.

askabry
04-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Henry has two selling points: lots' o tread on the tires and cost. Color me crazy, but I don't see the Bucs to moving a starter and a #2 pick for a 28 year old back with 1000+ carries and the need for a $10MM bonus soon.

The cost for Edge isn't the picks/players... it's the contract he'll demand.

NJFINSFAN1
04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I thought I remember Peter King early in FA saying he thought Edge would end up with the Buccs, but who knows? This year you can't figure anything out!

Michael82
04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm wondering if Ronde Barber is the player that the Bucs offered to the Bills. If this is the case, it could mean that Donahoe plans on trading Clements on draft day if he gets someone like Barber or Ty Law.

Italian Stallion
04-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Isn't Barber the one that always got burned in the playoffs before they made it to SB 37? or is that Brian Kelly?

NJFINSFAN1
04-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Isn't Barber the one that always got burned in the playoffs before they made it to SB 37? or is that Brian Kelly?
Not sure if Barber is the one your talking about, but he is a good CB!