PDA

View Full Version : Quarterbacks dominate top of draft

justasportsfan
04-18-2005, 03:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...john&id=2039734

on the 2nd page...

"You need to have more quarterbacks who can move around and have some athletic ability," Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak said. "It's not the same for the dropback quarterbacks. You need to get a young top gun."

Which is why the Bills gambled a year ago and traded a 2005 first-rounder to get J.P. Losman in the first round of the draft. Buffalo had Drew Bledsoe, a dropback thrower with limited mobility. The Bills have to compete against Brady, who plays like a first-rounder, and Chad Pennington of the Jets, who was a first-rounder, and felt the only way to remain competitive in the AFC East was to get a young talent to groom at quarterback.

The Bills feel that if Losman had been in this year's draft, he would be in consideration with Smith and Rodgers at the top of this draft. By being aggressive, they believe they found their quarterback of the future.

MDFINFAN
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...john&id=2039734

on the 2nd page...

"You need to have more quarterbacks who can move around and have some athletic ability," Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak said. "It's not the same for the dropback quarterbacks. You need to get a young top gun."

Which is why the Bills gambled a year ago and traded a 2005 first-rounder to get J.P. Losman in the first round of the draft. Buffalo had Drew Bledsoe, a dropback thrower with limited mobility. The Bills have to compete against Brady, who plays like a first-rounder, and Chad Pennington of the Jets, who was a first-rounder, and felt the only way to remain competitive in the AFC East was to get a young talent to groom at quarterback.

The Bills feel that if Losman had been in this year's draft, he would be in consideration with Smith and Rodgers at the top of this draft. By being aggressive, they believe they found their quarterback of the future.

JP defintely would have been the top QB of this draft...but I don't really like Rogers and Smith in the top 10, they're more of a mid to bottom 1st for me. But because we don't usually pick so high, we may end up with one, even though I really like Feeley, I think if the OL play improves, we have a rocket arm behind them. Now he just needs more than 2 seconds to make decisions. If he gets that, I think we see the player Speilman envisioned.

jamze132
04-18-2005, 03:42 PM
JP defintely would have been the top QB of this draft...but I don't really like Rogers and Smith in the top 10, they're more of a mid to bottom 1st for me.
Exactly why I don't understand how QBs dominate this years draft.