PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Florida Radio tried to call Travis Henry....

Aero II
04-19-2005, 05:37 AM
.... at his home in Orlando, and Terry Bowden said that he sould not come on the air. Bowden did say that TH wasn't being a jerk or anything, he simply didn't want to say anything that would leak any info about what is going on behind the scenes. Terry also said that Travis mentioned that he was very happy about what was going on and that they would understand why he couldn't talk by the end of the week.

Sounds like a trade has already been worked out and whoever TH is going to is going to play the same smoke screen game with TD and not reveal anything till Draft Day. If there is a draft pick involved, we won't know till TH's new team is on the clock. Just watch for the bills logo to suddenly pop up in the lower right hand corner of your TV.

By the way, Bowden says that the best trade partner is Tampa Bay and that the whole idea of trading up to #2 and take a QB, and give the Fish more draft picks is a smoke screen.

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Travis lives next door to a grade school and was busy watching the 8th grade cheerleaders practice.

Pride
04-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Travis lives next door to a grade school and was busy watching the 8th grade cheerleaders practice.

I THOUGHT I noticed him there! :drool2:

camelcowboy
04-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Someone just tell him that if one of the girls says she's 18 ask her for some ID. It would be sad if the only way he pops up on my tv during the draft is Megan's Law

don137
04-19-2005, 07:14 AM
If Travis is happy then it must be true...The question is will the Bills get a pick, a player or both for Henry and to whom?

Tatonka
04-19-2005, 07:16 AM

that was hilarious. :lmao:

RedEyE
04-19-2005, 08:31 AM
This certainly sounds promising. Travis must really like what is about to be offered if he declining to take a free shot at the Bills on the radio. It's obvious that he doesn't want to screw up a good thing.

Problem is nothing is etched in stone, and if either party finds a better offer, we may never know what was in store for Henry.

Italian Stallion
04-19-2005, 08:35 AM
I like the sound of this as well....I personally would like to see Corey Simon involved somehow...people are always hating on him, but I think he's a younger, faster Pat Williams

Thailog80
04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Travis couldn't talk because he was wearing the big mouse suit from Chuck E Cheese.

ryjam282
04-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Corey Simon? Damn, now that would be AWESOME!!! But, I don't think there is any way we can afford him.

Italian Stallion
04-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Corey Simon? Damn, now that would be AWESOME!!! But, I don't think there is any way we can afford him.

I'd be more than willing to give up Henry, a 3rd and conditional for Corey Simon.....He needs a new contract though, so that would be the downside

Aero II
04-19-2005, 11:25 AM
I'd be more than willing to give up Henry, a 3rd and conditional for Corey Simon.....He needs a new contract though, so that would be the downside

So does Travis. Maybe they will both get worked out befor Noon Saturday.

ShadowHawk7
04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
I see Henry for Eagles late 2nd rounder (#63 I believe) as the most probable trade right now. Anyone else agree?

Italian Stallion
04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
I see Henry for Eagles late 2nd rounder (#63 I believe) as the most probable trade right now. Anyone else agree?

Eh thats a booty pick....I want that #35 or 36. Even if it means throwing in one of our picks (say in the 3rd to 5th rounds) I'd be game for that..

Eagles get:
Travis Henry
4th round pick

Bills get:
pick #35

That would satisfy me personally

MDFINFAN
04-19-2005, 01:04 PM
.... at his home in Orlando, and Terry Bowden said that he sould not come on the air. Bowden did say that TH wasn't being a jerk or anything, he simply didn't want to say anything that would leak any info about what is going on behind the scenes. Terry also said that Travis mentioned that he was very happy about what was going on and that they would understand why he couldn't talk by the end of the week.

Sounds like a trade has already been worked out and whoever TH is going to is going to play the same smoke screen game with TD and not reveal anything till Draft Day. If there is a draft pick involved, we won't know till TH's new team is on the clock. Just watch for the bills logo to suddenly pop up in the lower right hand corner of your TV.

By the way, Bowden says that the best trade partner is Tampa Bay and that the whole idea of trading up to #2 and take a QB, and give the Fish more draft picks is a smoke screen.

I was with u until the smokescreen part..Gruden does like the QB's, and the cardinals are not out of the running for Henry. Same tuned.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
....By the way, Bowden says that the best trade partner is Tampa Bay and that the whole idea of trading up to #2 and take a QB, and give the Fish more draft picks is a smoke screen.
T.Henry to TB for their 2nd round pick would not surprise me. I have also said before that I don't see the sense of TB trading up to # 2 to take A.Smith or Rodgers and think that the talk of a trade with Miami is a smoke-screen.

The fact is that neither of the top QBs in this draft is going to be ready to play this season and Gruden, who initially was reluctant to play B.Griese, was so pleased by Griese play last season that the Bucs resigned Griese after the season--so the Bucs do not have an immediate need at QB. Additionally, Gruden was so enamoured of C.Simms prior to last season that he was ready to hand him the starting job (and, indeed, did so) before he was injure--so, unless C.Simms' injury was a lot worse than TB has led anyone to believe, they really do not need a young QB, like Smith or Rodgers to develop at this point. Even if Gruden is absolutely in love with one of these QBs, they have far greater needs elsewhere than they do at QB.

While I think that Arizona has a far greater need at RB than TB does, the Cards can afford to go with a younger RB to go with their young WRs as they build a core of talented offensive players for the future while, with C.Garner "on his last legs", the Bucs would be taking a big risk in relying on M.Pittman--who has already served on drug suspension--to carry the load at RB. Trading for T.Henry would solidify TB's running game and would allow them to either take a WR to compliment M.Clayton in their passing game or get defensive help that they could use to begin to shore up their aging defense.

T.Henry to Philly makes sense from the perspective that Philly needs to win now--the window of opportunity to win a SB closes quickly and T.Henry would give them a tough runner that they could use to spell B.Westbrook in short-yardage and the red-zone--and Philly has the excess draft picks to allow them the luxury of trading for a productive RB like TH in a year when the market for RBs is glutted. The Eagles could afford to give up their first 2nd round pick for T.Henry and still get pretty much everything else that they might be looking for in the draft.

jamze132
04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
I THOUGHT I noticed him there! :drool2:
What were you doing there?

ShadowHawk7
04-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Eh thats a booty pick....I want that #35 or 36. Even if it means throwing in one of our picks (say in the 3rd to 5th rounds) I'd be game for that..

Eagles get:
Travis Henry
4th round pick

Bills get:
pick #35

That would satisfy me personally

I say 63 because that's what TH's market value is. If you can get Edge or Alexander for a 2nd rounder, now way we're going to get a very, very high 2nd rounder for Travis Henry. And if someone was willing to deal even a lower 2nd rounder by now, we would of taken it. #63 is a fair trade to me, and would make sense for Philly b/c they already have a high 2nd. Maybe TH and a 5th for #35.

What do you think? :snicker:

Meathead
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
http://www.billsfancentral.com/forums/images/smilies/jerkit.gif

LtFinFan66
04-19-2005, 08:22 PM

By the way, Bowden says that the best trade partner is Tampa Bay and that the whole idea of trading up to #2 and take a QB, and give the Fish more draft picks is a smoke screen.Dang!! With all the "smokescreens" that are going on around the league this week, i am truly surprised we can see 10 feet in front of ourselves!!

ps: As long as he is not coming to Miami, Go Travis! He is good but we need all the picks we can muster up.

ParanoidAndroid
04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
TH and #55 for #35 and #94. You heard it here first. :D

Philly get's their RB and still has 2 second round picks.

Bills move up in the second and grab another late 3rd rounder.

Wishful thinking but not out of this world.

Aero II
04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Dang!! With all the "smokescreens" that are going on around the league this week, i am truly surprised we can see 10 feet in front of ourselves!!

ps: As long as he is not coming to Miami, Go Travis! He is good but we need all the picks we can muster up.
No one wants to tip their hand. Look at how ticked SF is at all the Miami talk and they arn't getting any attention. Besides, I was simply giving everyone a synopsis of what Terry Bowden and the ESPN FLORIDA guys were thinking.

Michael82
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
TH and #55 for #35 and #94. You heard it here first. :D

Philly get's their RB and still has 2 second round picks.

Bills move up in the second and grab another late 3rd rounder.

Wishful thinking but not out of this world.
That would be awesome. and then we can wait until the Cardinals cut LJ Shelton or just trade a day 2 pick for him. :up:

Throne Logic
04-20-2005, 06:08 PM

I don't think this is it. Travis wouldn't be "happy" going to the Eagles where he will most likely still be a backup.

I'm thinking that Tampa would be the option to make Travis "happy". He might also be "happy" about the Cardinals, but they're the Cardinals, so I'm thinking he might be more in a "satisfied" state if the deal were with the Cardinals vs. the reported "happy". Therefore, I'm thinking it's the Bucks.

:crap:

Meathead
04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
You must have a colonic blockage, Throne, because normally you make sense. lol.

Henry would not be a backup in Philly, he would be a co-starter. Westbrook is NOT a workhorse, but Travis is. They would play them both and form a very effective platoon - ala Dunn and Duckett, Hearst and Barlow, Duce and The Bus. It would also help to keep both fresher and give some insurance against injuries.

If I’m an Eagle fan I really like the idea.

Carlton Bailey
04-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah Henry probably will end up in Philly. I'd rather have him traded to Tampa for Ronde Barber but it won't happen. Philly would really be solid in the backfield with the power of Henry and the intangibles of Westbrook. Solid combo. I'd rather have McGahee anyday than Henry/Westbrook though.

Novacane
04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't think this is it. Travis wouldn't be "happy" going to the Eagles where he will most likely still be a backup.

I'm thinking that Tampa would be the option to make Travis "happy". He might also be "happy" about the Cardinals, but they're the Cardinals, so I'm thinking he might be more in a "satisfied" state if the deal were with the Cardinals vs. the reported "happy". Therefore, I'm thinking it's the Bucks.

:crap:

Who cares if Henry is happy with where he ends up. TD should take the best deal for the Bills and screw Henry.

McD
04-21-2005, 06:57 AM
All interesting possibilities. I thought it would be Philly, but TH would be a backup. Mmm.... That makes me think Tampa, if TH is all "happy". Plus it puts him back home in Fla.

McD