X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • askabry
    • Jul 2002

NFL Rumors: Skins interest in Clements

I don't know if anyone else has noted this, but Washington papers are commenting that the Skins are looking to trade #9 overall, and they have Nate Clements on their radar ... this in today's (4/19) paper. (registration required).

Personally ... I'd love it.
    what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
    • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
    • 1,000 dead American servicemen
    • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
    • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
    • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.
  • regor
    • Jul 2002

that rumor was brought up last week. Since he's going to walk away next year for nothing I'd jump on it if it was true but I don't believe it.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I also heard on local radio (I'm in DC) that the Skins may trade for Philip Buchanan of the Raiders. Personally, I'd rather keep Clements around for a year than get a draft pick who may or may not succeed in the league. If the Bills brass has a particular player in mind that will be available at #9, it might be worth it, but we already lost Williamsl I don't want to see another hole in the defense that's only going to put more pressure on our young offense.

Also, I don't know why the Redskins are drooling over DB's. They have Spriggs and Taylor and had the #3 defense in the league. They really need help on the offensive side of the ball and young talent to replace their aging players.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Greghead would love to get every player we have on D.Every D player we have will contact him as well if they want to look elsewhere.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• askabry
          • Jul 2002

I could easily see us moving Nate Clements, sliding Troy Vincent back to DB, and moving down out of #9 to take some combination of a saftey and a lineman. For instance ... trade Nate for #9 ... then trade #9 to San Diego for #12 and 28. San Diego gets the WR they covet, we take Alex Barron and with #28 a safety (Thomas Davis?).

Move Travis to Philly/TB and use #35 to take Spencer/Baas. Then use #55 on Nugent ... and you've completely restocked the team in the secondary, at LT, at C/G and at K. All for one player with appreciable playing time next year ... and that you would have lost the following year anyway.
          what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
          • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
          • 1,000 dead American servicemen
          • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
          • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
          • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Any receiver thats available at 9 will be available at 12.

I don't think SD would give up a late 1st rounder to move up.

I'd rather see us draft a CB with the #9. 1st round CB's are usually a pretty good bet, and I'd happily take either Rolle or Jones.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by askabry
              I could easily see us moving Nate Clements, sliding Troy Vincent back to DB, and moving down out of #9 to take some combination of a saftey and a lineman. For instance ... trade Nate for #9 ... then trade #9 to San Diego for #12 and 28. San Diego gets the WR they covet, we take Alex Barron and with #28 a safety (Thomas Davis?).

Move Travis to Philly/TB and use #35 to take Spencer/Baas. Then use #55 on Nugent ... and you've completely restocked the team in the secondary, at LT, at C/G and at K. All for one player with appreciable playing time next year ... and that you would have lost the following year anyway.
              Interesting thought- if anyone can pull it off, it's TD, but it still seems like wishful thinking. I just think we'd be really hurting in the backfield without Clements. Which reminds me- has Ty Law signed with anyone yet?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by askabry

Not a bad plan, but seems unlikely. However, this is probably the only scenario where I might be happy taking Nugent at #55...although even then...we might get a better DT at that spot instead...

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

Here's the link to the paper.... It says that the two sides "haven't had discussions", which in today's NFL world could mean about 5 different things

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

That seems like a lot to give for a player going into the last year of his contract but we are talking about the Redskins. However, if Henry is traded to Tampa for Ronde Barber then the Redskins trading for Clements makes sense for the Bills. They lose Henry and Clements but gain Barber and the #9 overall pick.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                      Knows More Than You
                      • Feb 2004

I don't think the 'skins will give up the #9, and frankly I don't think the Bills should want a pick that high in an average draft....The only reason this trade should go through is if they either get Barber from the Bucs or plan on moving Vincent back to CB...Trading Clements for the #9 to SELECT a CB is iditoic, all your doing is downgrading the position and saving money in signing bonus. That's not a proactive way to go about this.....

Now if they somehow get into the first round as a result of this trade, look for them to select a OL like Barron, J. Brown, the tight end Heath Miller, or perhaps a reciever like Williamson or Roddy White
                      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                        Knows More Than You
                        • Feb 2004

Bottom line, they will use a Clements trade as a way to improve the OFFENSE somehow....
                        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                          That seems like a lot to give for a player going into the last year of his contract but we are talking about the Redskins. However, if Henry is traded to Tampa for Ronde Barber then the Redskins trading for Clements makes sense for the Bills. They lose Henry and Clements but gain Barber and the #9 overall pick.
                          Hmmmm.... interesting suggestion.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be pissed if we did that trade.

Comment

• ryven
                              • Jan 2003

I would consider it only if we could get Rolle.

Comment

Working...
                              X