PDA

View Full Version : Collective Mock: #32 - New England Patriots

lordofgun
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Approx every day or so, we'll post a new thread for the next pick. NO TRADING.

You may draft according to who you would take OR who you think they would take...whatever. Please name only one player.

The Patriots are on the clock with the 32nd pick in the draft.

Draft results so far:

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=200 bgColor=#f6f6f6 border=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD colSpan=3>
2005 BillsZone collective mock draft
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=20>1</TD><TD>San Francisco 49ers</TD><TD width=30>Alex_Smith_QB_Utah</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>Ronnie_Brown_RB_Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Cleveland Browns</TD><TD>Aaron_Rodgers_QB_California</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Chicago Bears</TD><TD>Braylon_Edwards_WR_Michigan</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</TD><TD>Cadillac_Williams_RB_Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Tennessee Titans</TD><TD>Antrel_Rolle_CB_Miami</TD></TR><TR><TD>7*</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD><!--StartFragment -->Mike Williams_WR_USC</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Arizona Cardinals </TD><TD>Cendric_Benson_RB_Texas</TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Washington Redskins </TD><TD>Adam_Jones_CB_WestVirginia<!-- / message --><!-- sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Detroit Lions</TD><TD><!--StartFragment --><!--StartFragment -->Derrick_Johnson_LB_Texas </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>Shawne_Merriman_DE_Maryland</TD></TR><TR><TD>12*</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>Mark_Clayton_WR_Oklahoma</TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Houston Texans</TD><TD>Alex_Barron_OT_Florida State</TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Carolina Panthers</TD><TD>Heath_Miller_TE_Virginia</TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Kansas City Chiefs</TD><TD>Carlos Rogers_CB_Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>New Orleans Saints</TD><TD>Thomas_Davis_S/LB_Georgia</TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Cincinnati Bengals</TD><TD><!--StartFragment -->Travis_Johnson_DT_FSU</TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Erasmus_James_DE_Wisconsin</TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>St. Louis Rams</TD><TD>Elton_Brown_OG_Virginia</TD></TR><TR><TD>20*</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>Jamaal_Brown_OT_Oklahoma</TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Jacksonville Jaguars</TD><TD>Troy_Williamson_WR_South_Carolina</TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Baltimore Ravens</TD><TD>Roddy_White_WR_UAB</TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Seattle Seahawks</TD><TD>Channing_Crowder_LB_Florida</TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Green Bay Packers</TD><TD>
Brodney_Pool_S_Oklahoma
</TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Denver Broncos</TD><TD>Marcus_Spears_DE_LSU</TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>New York Jets</TD><TD>Khalif_Barnes_OT_Washington</TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Atlanta Falcons</TD><TD>David_Pollack_DE_Georgia</TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>DeMarcus_Ware_LB_Troy_State</TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>Shaun_Cody_DE/DT_USC</TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Pittsburgh Steelers</TD><TD>Justin_Miller_CB_Clemson</TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Philadelphia Eagles</TD><TD>Matt_Jones_WR_Arkansas</TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>New England Patriots</TD><TD>on the clock</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gonzo1105
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Blackstock

camelcowboy
04-19-2005, 01:42 PM
CB Marlin Jackson

mysticsoto
04-19-2005, 01:48 PM
ILB - Barrett Ruud. NE in all likelihood will lose Bruschi and virtually have no depth or anything at this position. Tough call between him and Odell Thurman, but in either case, they need an inside linebacker desperately.

Samphin1
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Blackstock

LifetimeBillsFan
04-19-2005, 02:59 PM
ILB - Barrett Ruud. NE in all likelihood will lose Bruschi and virtually have no depth or anything at this position. Tough call between him and Odell Thurman, but in either case, they need an inside linebacker desperately.
I agree.

If the Pats do take Ruud, I will fervently hope that he turns out to be the same kind of pro that his father, Tom, was when the Bills wasted their first round pick on him back in 1975--a huge bust!!!

Shasta McNasty
04-19-2005, 04:02 PM
CB Marlin Jackson

Mr. Cynical
04-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Trade it with the devil to get Belichick's soul back for winning those SBs.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Trade it with the devil to get Belichick's soul back for winning those SBs.
It will take more than the 32nd pick in this year's draft to get that deal done....!

DraftBoy
04-19-2005, 04:59 PM
ILB Odell Thurman

SABURZFAN
04-19-2005, 05:15 PM
david baas-c/g-michigan

here's a guy that brady and dillon would want.

MDFINFAN
04-19-2005, 05:22 PM
david baas-c/g-michigan

here's a guy that brady and dillon would want.

Got to agree, BB is not going to reach for those D players in the 1st.

clumping platelets
04-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Barrett Ruud

Ickybaluky
04-20-2005, 03:57 AM
WR Vincent Jackson, Northern Colorado. I feel strongly this is the guy the Pats are targeting, although I think they will try to trade down a few spots and take him in the 2nd.

I know the Patriots are very interested in him, sending WR coach Brian Daboll out to personally work him out this week. They did the same thing with Deion Branch in 2002, having Daboll work him out right before the draft. WR is very much a need for the Patriots, given that David Givens, David Terrell and Tim Dwight are all working on 1-year contracts (and Deion Branch is up after 2006).

For all the talk about Matt Jones, Jackson is also a big, physical freak (6-5, 240#, 4.47 at the combine) and is high character. He is a converted basketball player, like Antonio Gates, who only played football his last 2 years at Northern Colorado (1-AA). Reportedly he looked like he belonged with the 1-A players at the Senior Bowl. Like last year, the Pats aren't looking for immediate help, and will be willing to take a developmental guy like Jackson and hope he can make a big impact in a year or two.

clumping platelets
04-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Interesting :huh:

mysticsoto
04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
WR Vincent Jackson, Northern Colorado. I feel strongly this is the guy the Pats are targeting, although I think they will try to trade down a few spots and take him in the 2nd.

I know the Patriots are very interested in him, sending WR coach Brian Daboll out to personally work him out this week. They did the same thing with Deion Branch in 2002, having Daboll work him out right before the draft. WR is very much a need for the Patriots, given that David Givens, David Terrell and Tim Dwight are all working on 1-year contracts (and Deion Branch is up after 2006).

For all the talk about Matt Jones, Jackson is also a big, physical freak (6-5, 240#, 4.47 at the combine) and is high character. He is a converted basketball player, like Antonio Gates, who only played football his last 2 years at Northern Colorado (1-AA). Reportedly he looked like he belonged with the 1-A players at the Senior Bowl. Like last year, the Pats aren't looking for immediate help, and will be willing to take a developmental guy like Jackson and hope he can make a big impact in a year or two.

For the 1st rd??? Last I saw, Vincent was being targeted more around the 3rd rd...Chris Henry and Fred Gibson are also 6'4" and faster than Vincent. Vincent hasn't played agaisnt top competition and doesn't always run good routes. He is also inconsistent which is probably the main reason he isn't rated higher...

gobuffalo2007
04-20-2005, 09:03 AM
With the first round selection in the 2005 nfl draft the new england patriots select K Nuggent.

Sportsuser101
04-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Wouldn't be suprised to see Jackson go in the 1st. He is supposely flying about teams boards so I'm going to agree with it. They have some short WRs and need the big playmaker. Jackson is that. He won't last for the Pats 2nd pick.

Vincent Jackson - Northern Colorado

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 08:42 AM
With the last pick in the collective mock, the Patriots select Barrett Ruud LB Nebraska.

Dozerdog
04-21-2005, 09:06 PM
ILB Odell Thurman

I agree