Could Lewis be holding out for Bills HC job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Could Lewis be holding out for Bills HC job?

Marvin Lewis turned down Michigan State yesterday because he wants a shot at an NFL job. HE was the leading canidate here before we hired Bozo and he is a friend of TD. Maybe he thinks theres a good chance our HC job will open up again. Maybe even TD dropped him a hint there is a good chance our HC job will be open again? I would not think TD would do that until Greg was fired but I can hope can't I.

All I want for Christmas is Greg Williams to get fired

Redskins defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis broke off talks with Michigan State Wednesday night.
  • Rude American
    EE is my American Idol
    • Jul 2002

For some reason I don't thing the Bills brass thinks Williams is the problem. But then again, I don't get the Buffalo media coverage. I get this disturbing feeling that Williams and co. will be safe for at least another year.

A little help on that?
    You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

That's basically what Tasker said on Fan TV last nite. He even backed GW's call to kick the FG on 4th and 1 down 20-0.

My guess is that there will be a new DC and special teams coach and Gregg gets 1 more year. Hopefully Gregg objects like Wade did and Ralph fires his hillbilly ass.

Comment

• JayWood
        The Professor
        • Jul 2002

Seeing there really is no one else out there I agree that the higer ups are going to keep GW around for the last year of his contract. I think that GJ will be outta here. But could it be another wade ronnie jones situation all over again? As for Lewis the guy insulted the Bills last time he interviewed and then ripped the city, i cant see how this guy could ever get a job with this organization, but then again this is the NFL and a lot more crazy things have happened
        When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rude American
          For some reason I don't thing the Bills brass thinks Williams is the problem. But then again, I don't get the Buffalo media coverage. I get this disturbing feeling that Williams and co. will be safe for at least another year.

A little help on that?

I don't really know. I know a lot of the Buffalo media does not think Williams is the problem but I have not heard TD say a thing.

I think the morons in the media are just assuming TD is happy with Williams.

Williams and Co better not be safe for another year! If Greg stays thats bad enough but if they don't get rid of Gray after the D went backwards this year I am really going to be PO'd.

I think EE is right that Danny Smith will go too. Greg has said before that he would not fire Gray but I bet if it came down to saving his own butt he would!

Comment

• clumping platelets

What makes you think a FIRST HC Lewis could do better?

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

I don't know that he could CP. I am not advocating hiring him. I am just advocating getting rid of GW.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I say give GW another year with more talent on defense.

TD, et al needs to sit down with him and go over some of these decisions.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                  • Jul 2002

A couple months ago I would have agreed with you. However I have just seen GW make himself look stupid too many times.

I doubt TD was real impressed when GW comes out in the press and says he thought it was 4th and 2 instead of 4th and a foot! If he can't even keep his head in the game he should not be a HC.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    That's basically what Tasker said on Fan TV last nite. He even backed GW's call to kick the FG on 4th and 1 down 20-0.

My guess is that there will be a new DC and special teams coach and Gregg gets 1 more year. Hopefully Gregg objects like Wade did and Ralph fires his hillbilly ass.
                    GW has pissed me off plenty, but that was NOT a bad call. Getting points is a good thing, and the game was far from out of reach.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Teams that may be looking for a coach during the offseason..

Bengals: Most likely
                      Bills: Hopefully
                      Dallas: Most Likely
                      Vikings: I think Tice gets another year
                      Bears: Possible
                      Lions: Most Likely
                      Giants: Possible
                      Seahawks: Possible
                      Cardnials: Possible
                      Rams: I think a change is needed. Martz is a moron and St. Louis will never win a S.B. with him as coach. He's living off the team Vermeil left him and is destroying it.

Lewis didn't want a college job because he knows a few coaches will be fired during the off-season. Im guessing that he will be the Bengals next HC.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin

GW has pissed me off plenty, but that was NOT a bad call. Getting points is a good thing, and the game was far from out of reach.
                        If it was week 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, in the season I wouldn't have a problem with that call. Everyone knew if you lose to NE your season is over. You gotta take a chance and go for 7. Or in that case a 1st down.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Every decision GW makes is the most conservative (read timid). I am a believer in sideline presence and leadership of which GW has precious little. With the O we have with the big line and multiple weapons, damn the torpedoes and go for it once and a while. If we were the 1990 Giants with no O and a stifling D, then I can see being this conservative, but with this bunch, let's go for it. Send a message to the team that you believe in them.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Why the big fascination with Lewis? He's just another GW. He had one good year as a D cooridinator (and has gone down hill since). With the talent he has at Washington, he should have the top ranked D in the NFL. No thanks. Don't want him.

Besides, like Clump said...why would we want another first year coach anyway?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Plus Lewis has all the horses in Washington and can't get it going there.

Comment

Working...
                              X