PDA

View Full Version : Washington just picked up another 1st rd pick

chubluv
04-19-2005, 06:00 PM
the redskins just picked up the 25th pick in this years draft from the broncos for this years 3rd round & next years 1st & 4th round picks. I just heard it on ESPN sorry no link.

Kolbiss
04-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Why??? This years draft is not that good

chubluv
04-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Why??? This years draft is not that good

maybe they want to package the 2 picks or trade one of them for something they really want & or need.

DraftBoy
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
maybe they want to package the 2 picks or trade one of them for something they really want & or need.

Cough*ClementsandHenry*Cough

lordofgun
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
They want to win now. Gibbs only has so long...

chubluv
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Cough*ClementsandHenry*Cough

why Henry they have Portis?

MikeInRoch
04-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Apparently, Denver is very happy because they feel it is a deep CB draft, and they can still get a good one cheaper later on in the draft, plus pick up picks for next year.

DraftBoy
04-19-2005, 06:45 PM
why Henry they have Portis?

I dunno, just wishful thinking really. Ideally id like to see us move Henry to Tampa for Barber and Clements to WAS for #9, or #25 and some picks.

DraftBoy
04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Apparently, Denver is very happy because they feel it is a deep CB draft, and they can still get a good one cheaper later on in the draft, plus pick up picks for next year.

Anytime you can move out of the 1st round in a bad year and get a 2nd 1st for next season you gotta be happy, they nobody at that posistion worth taking without a reach.

Kolbiss
04-19-2005, 06:46 PM

True...if they are going for draft picks however, I would have to question this move.

Mr.Reality
04-19-2005, 06:47 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8401083

thebuffalobills4
04-19-2005, 07:37 PM
the redskins just picked up the 25th pick in this years draft from the broncos for this years 3rd round & next years 1st & 4th round picks. I just heard it on ESPN sorry no link.
man i hate the skins. :blowup:

RedEyE
04-19-2005, 08:08 PM
They may be coming after Nate after all.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2005, 09:28 PM
The Redskins are reportedly hot after QB Jason Campbell of Auburn. That is said to be the reason behind the trade, using the #25 to take him.

Bills fans can't be too critical of Washington in that regard, as the Redskins pretty much pulled the same deal as Buffalo did last year in getting Losman. Of course, Buffalo waited until they were on the clock so they knew they would get their player.

Dicknoze69
04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
The Redskins are reportedly hot after QB Jason Campbell of Auburn. That is said to be the reason behind the trade, using the #25 to take him.

Bills fans can't be too critical of Washington in that regard, as the Redskins pretty much pulled the same deal as Buffalo did last year in getting Losman. Of course, Buffalo waited until they were on the clock so they knew they would get their player.

Exactly. This makes it easy for any team that also wants Campbell to leap ahead of the Skins for him.

camelcowboy
04-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Profootballtalk.com says the redskins maybe planing to use the 9 and 25 pick to move up and grab Braylon Edwards. I hope this isn't true, because it would just plain stupid. This draft is deep at reciever, so why trade up when you can get a good receiver and a corner. Then again, Washington isn't known for its drafting brilliance.

Stewie
04-20-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm so glad I'm not a redskins fan.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Perhaps if Smith or Rogers slip to 4 or beyond, they want to be ready to move up? :huh:

askabry
04-20-2005, 07:51 AM
I calling this one early ... the reason the Skins needed to have the 25th pick this early was to have all their ducks in a row ...

To move trade with Miami. After Alex Smith is selected by SF, Miami will have two bidders for Jason Campbell - TB and Washington. But Washington will have trumped TB with 2 #1s.

Miami goes on to take Merriman, and later in the first, JJ Arrington. Washington selects a QB of the future.

Anyone who thinks Campbell will last until the 25th pick is kidding themselves; and if the Skins want him, then why go to a lower pick in the draft?

camelcowboy
04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
What baffles me in all this is that if the redskins really do have a interest in jason campbell of Auburn. What happens to Patrick Ramsey. This team just has no patiences. I would give up on football, if i was a fan of the Redskins. Their just one big circus!

Italian Stallion
04-20-2005, 07:57 AM
I was just saying the other day how Jason Campbell reminds me alot of Doug Williams, the QB who Gibbs won the Super Bowl with......pretty interesting now

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2005, 08:00 AM
There goes a waste of a first round pick in Patrick Ramsey. :shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1
04-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Word on ESPN is Gibbs is fed up with Ramsey and will draft Jason Cambell with the 25th pick whom he has rated as high as ALex Smith.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2005, 08:14 AM
The only way the Miami trade makes sense (to Miami) is if Ricky Williams comes back.

If they move down to 9, they won't get one of the 2 QB's, 3 stud RB's or 2 stud WR's. They need to stay in the top 7 to get one of these guys.

NJFINSFAN1
04-20-2005, 08:25 AM
The only way the Miami trade makes sense (to Miami) is if Ricky Williams comes back.

If they move down to 9, they won't get one of the 2 QB's, 3 stud RB's or 2 stud WR's. They need to stay in the top 7 to get one of these guys.
A lot of talk about getting the Vikings # 7 & # 18, plus a # 2 for Surtain.
They could take Williams or Benson at 7, OL or Clayton or Williamson at 18, and Frye with the 2nd round pick.

Will it happen? Most likely not, but it's fun to think about.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Maybe your #1 and Surtain for Minny's 7, 18 and 2nd.

No way Minny gives you all that for Surtain only.

NJFINSFAN1
04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Maybe your #1 and Surtain for Minny's 7, 18 and 2nd.

No way Minny gives you all that for Surtain only.
Sorry, maybe I wrote it wrong. The Viking will give us # 7 & # 18 for or # 2 so they can take Edwards.

We get the 2nd round from the Cheifs for Surtain.

I really don't think it will all happen, but boy it would be great if it did.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry, maybe I wrote it wrong. The Viking will give us # 7 & # 18 for or # 2 so they can take Edwards.

We get the 2nd round from the Cheifs for Surtain.

I really don't think it will all happen, but boy it would be great if it did.
I'll buy that. Minny gets Edwards, Miami gets either Benson, Cadillac, or Mike Williams plus #18.

Dicknoze69
04-20-2005, 10:47 AM
The more I look at what the Redskins did, it reminds me of a team preparing to load up on picks in order to move up higher in the draft. Maybe for Edwards, or for Campbell, which was posted earlier.

There's just no way they'll stay at #25. Everyone in the world knows who they want if they stay there, and it'll be easy to trump them. If they really wanted Campbell at #25, why not wait until Denver is on the clock...like the Bills did with Dallas?

Either way, they always love to make a splash.

askabry
04-20-2005, 11:07 AM
The more I look at what the Redskins did, it reminds me of a team preparing to load up on picks in order to move up higher in the draft. Maybe for Edwards, or for Campbell, which was posted earlier.

There's just no way they'll stay at #25. Everyone in the world knows who they want if they stay there, and it'll be easy to trump them. If they really wanted Campbell at #25, why not wait until Denver is on the clock...like the Bills did with Dallas?

Either way, they always love to make a splash.

There you go ... another poster with insight.