PDA

View Full Version : Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?

LtFinFan66
04-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm sure some will flame me for being a Fin Fan but I was wanting to get an honest assessment of what the Bills fans feel we will do in the draft. RB, QB, WR, trade down, other?? Thoughts?? You can also add in your thoughts on what would help the Fins the most and also what position you would like to see us take at #2 as bitter rivals??? Have at it folks!!

Meathead
04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Ronnie Brown, who after rushing for 1600 yards as a rookie will on the eve of the playoffs decide to have a sex change operation and will thereafter be known as, well, Ronnie Brown.

Bling
04-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Whichever of the 2 QB's don't get drafted.

The_Philster
Ronnie Brown, who after rushing for 1600 yards as a rookie will on the eve of the playoffs decide to have a sex change operation and will thereafter be known as, well, Ronnie Brown.

:lolabove:

venis2k1
the miami dolphins trade the second overall pick in the 2005 nfl draft to the New York Jets for QB Jay Fiedler.

Dantheman1280
04-19-2005, 07:36 PM
I think they take Benson, because I think hes the best back in the draft!

LtFinFan66
04-19-2005, 07:42 PM
the miami dolphins trade the second overall pick in the 2005 nfl draft to the New York Jets for QB Jay Fiedler.
Believe me, they are Jay haters who would probably believe that:)

Devin
04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
I think they will take rodgers.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-19-2005, 08:31 PM
I think the Dolphins have been making all the right moves this year. Nick Saban is a great coach. This isn't going to be a one year rebuilding project so I think it is best to get players that are going to be players in the future and not so much right away.

As far as the draft, I am not a big fan of Aaron Rodgers. I never like guys who don't come to play in big games and I also don't like guys who come on in one year and are all of a sudden big time prospects. If I were the Dolphins I would do anything to trade down and start stockpiling picks. I heard a crazy rumor that the Vikings were going to give them their two first round picks and Michael Bennett. If that were true they should and most likely would jump on that in a second.

If they don't trade I think the best player for that team is Ronnie Brown. He is a back that gives them all the dimensions that are needed in an "every down back." If the thinking is that Lamar Gordon is going to be their man this year I might look at Braylon Edwards. That kid can flat out play ball. They can then look in the second round for a very good player, maybe even Charlie Frye if he slips that far.

Now I will go back to hating you and your crappy team. :snicker:

buffmaniac
04-19-2005, 08:32 PM
The Dolphins are desperately trying to trade down. All this about taking Smith or Edwards is just a smoke screen IMO. They are hoping by saying this they can get a team to trade up with them. In the end, if the dolphins are unable to trade down I still think they will select Ronnie Brown.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Saban knows that you have to be able to run the ball in order to win in the NFL and there's no one on their roster at the moment who is capable of giving him that. Having given up their 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley, they need to give him a chance to develop as a starter and can work around his limitations if they have a running game, so, while they need a QB, I'm not sure that it would be wise to take one of the QBs in this draft--who won't be ready to start until next season--and leave the team without a running game or a settled QB situation.

With all of their needs, the best thing that they could do would be trade down and pick up additional picks and try to pick up one of the Big Three RBs later on, but I don't see a lot of teams immediately below them being interested in trading up and, as a result, I doubt that they get a deal done that will guarantee that they won't get stuck having to reach for a RB, like JJ Arrington, later on--and IMHO that's too much of a risk for them to take.

So, consequently, I think that they would be crazy not to take the RB that they have rated the best of the Big Three RBs--in my view, Ronnie Brown.

justasportsfan
04-19-2005, 09:00 PM
The Dolphins are desperately trying to trade down. All this about taking Smith or Edwards is just a smoke screen IMO. They are hoping by saying this they can get a team to trade up with them. In the end, if the dolphins are unable to trade down I still think they will select Ronnie Brown.Saban is all about team . I'm sure he thinks he can win one w/ a cheaper/low profile qb and turn them into an efficient unit just like Bellichick. I hope Mularkey is up to the task. If Saban is anything like Bellichick, he'll know how to get his team prepared for game day regardless of who's on the roster.

With that being said, I think he'll want to trade down and build through the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban wants Matt Jones if he is able to trade down. Mularkey, Bellichick and I'm sure Saban would like players that can play multiple positions. It's hard to say though. I wonder if he knows if RW is coming back. That would change every mock draft there is out there with him in the equation.

DraftBoy
04-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Dolphins take WR Braylon Edwards #2 and in the 3rd take RB Ryan Moats. They get the best player in the draft, and a possible sleeper RB. 4th round you go QB like Kyle Orton who may fall to there but I doubt it, other possibilities are Stefan Lefors or Bryan Randall. After that its a crap shoot.

Nublar7
04-19-2005, 10:52 PM
I think Miami will trade end up trading with the Vikings and they will recieve both the #7 and #18 pick(and possibly a mid-late rounder). With the 7th pick I see them taking Caddie.

LtFinFan66
04-19-2005, 10:54 PM
I think Miami will trade end up trading with the Vikings and they will recieve both the #7 and #18 pick(and possibly a mid-late rounder). With the 7th pick I see them taking Caddie.
What's up fellow Fin Fan!! Hope that happens so we have extra picks!!

DraftBoy
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM

Granted Minnesotta is stupid but I dont think they are stupid enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 5 spots.

Nublar7
04-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Granted Minnesotta is stupid but I dont think they are stupid enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 5 spots.Its been stated in reports that they ARE considering trading both 1st rounders to move up to #2 to draft Edwards.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Its been stated in reports that they ARE considering trading both 1st rounders to move up to #2 to draft Edwards.

links?

Nublar7
04-20-2005, 12:27 AM
links?Go to FinHeaven. I post all the news on the front page.

pyrrhonist
04-20-2005, 01:05 AM
As a Michigan fan, Braylon may find his "best" home in terms of WR numbers with Miami. Hell, it's better than being a Brown!

Seriously, though, I don't think Rodgers or Smith is a "can't miss", so Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams are probably most likely for Sabin's pick at #2 (Unless they trade down).

Jan Reimers
04-20-2005, 06:45 AM
They're working real hard to get Ricky back, so I think they'll take whichever QB SF leaves on the board. They can't win with Feeley.

SABURZFAN
04-20-2005, 07:26 AM
miami doesn't have a 2nd rounder.i would trade down to get one.

mysticsoto
04-20-2005, 07:37 AM
I think Miami will play it safe and draft Ronnie Brown. In truth, there is no QB this year that is worthy of taking really high. So why take a mediocre QB and pay him a large sum to be mediocre. If you are going to pay alot, might as well do it for someone that is actually going to be worth it.

I agree that they would love to trade down, but I don't think anyone is going to bite on that with this type of draft.

Saban will draft a RB 1st, maybe pick up a QB later that he hopes might develop - but possibly wait until next year to draft a real franchise QB.

askabry
04-20-2005, 07:57 AM
I've said this a coupla other places ... but to say it again ...

Miami trades down with Washington, picking up the #9 and #25 picks in the draft. The likely picks will be Merriman, Burroughs or either PacMan or Rogers, and then later in the draft JJ Arrington. It's the perfect trade for Miami, enabling them to go defense first.

Later on, Patrick Surtain will be traded to KC for their #3 pick this year and two picks next year. This occurs after the Phins take a DB in the first round.

BTW ... Washington will sign Ty Law.

NJFINSFAN1
04-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Granted Minnesotta is stupid but I dont think they are stupid enough to trade 2 1sts to move up 5 spots.
They are hot for edwards. If we can get there two # 1's and a 2nd for Surtain, I could see this.

# 7 C. Williams or Benson
# 18 Clayton or williamson

2nd Round- Charlie Frye

Now that would be a sweet draft!

tampabay25690
04-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm sure some will flame me for being a Fin Fan but I was wanting to get an honest assessment of what the Bills fans feel we will do in the draft. RB, QB, WR, trade down, other?? Thoughts?? You can also add in your thoughts on what would help the Fins the most and also what position you would like to see us take at #2 as bitter rivals??? Have at it folks!!

Ye ayou have to go QB with that 2nd then bounce back and go RB in the 2nd round...

clumping platelets
04-20-2005, 09:56 AM

If Braylon Edwards is there at #2.....take him. If he goes #1 overall, make every effort to trade down, but if forced to take a player, avoid the QBs and one of the RBs

LtFinFan66
04-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Some well thought out replies thus far....Any more out there guys and gals??

Bling
04-20-2005, 04:48 PM
I think the only RB with star potential is Brown. But potential is the key word. The QB's have potential as well. How many more times will we be at #2? I'll go with QB. I also like Braylon Edwards...but Booker or Edwards would have to be traded.

jamze132
04-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I really feel that you Dolphins should just pick Maurice Clarret with your #2 overall. Then I think you guys should trade the rest of your picks away for some proven veterans in their mid 30s. This is the key to the Dolphins success, IMO! :sorry:

LtFinFan66
04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I really feel that you Dolphins should just pick Maurice Clarret with your #2 overall. Then I think you guys should trade the rest of your picks away for some proven veterans in their mid 30s. This is the key to the Dolphins success, IMO! :sorry: Due to this response, I may need to retract the statement from earlier which is listed below....no, I won't blame this guy on the rest of you folks who gave good responses...ANY MORE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES??

Some well thought out replies thus far....Any more out there guys and gals??

Mudflap1
04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I'd take Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards. I'm not sold at all on Aaron Rodgers. I heard the Minnesota rumor, but I think Minnesota would be better served taking Mike Williams at #7, then adding another good player at #18.

The Washington trade above would work. I think Miami would be better served getting as MANY picks as they can (if possible) instead of worrying about a franchise player at #2. If they can't make it happen, take Brown or Edwards.

Jon

Dicknoze69
04-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Trade down.

Saban is hoping another team is hot to trot for Edwards, Brown, or Rodgers. I'm betting he's right. It's an easy way to pickup draft picks for a team that sorely lacks young bodies.

feelthepain
04-20-2005, 08:57 PM

SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!!!:xtreme:

LtFinFan66
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!!!:xtreme:
The Jets are throwing picks around so they may give someone a pick to take Jay

generalmills
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I think that Edwards is the class of the 1st tier players in this years draft but I am always a little bit nervous about the selection of a WR in the first 5 picks of the draft. WR's are a dime a dozen and can be a very high risk at the top picks. It the WR works out then all is good for the GM but as is the case at any skilled position, a slow start of failure will be easily exposed by the general fan and could become media hell :blowup: for the front office.. Should be interesting to see what Saban does with this pick.

djfresh47
04-20-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't think RB's have any value at the top of the draft, but it depends on what SF does if they take Rodgers than Smith will be the pick, if they take Smith, than I think Saban will do his best to trade down and possibly take below value for the 2nd pick. If he stays at 2 I think it'll be Ronnie Brown. Noone really knows what Saban wants to do except Saban but it couldn't be as bad as what Wannstedt would've done.

camelcowboy
04-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Due to this response, I may need to retract the statement from earlier which is listed below....no, I won't blame this guy on the rest of you folks who gave good responses...ANY MORE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES??
Yeah, I have a couple.

How can you live with yourself when put on that Turquiose, and Orange blouses that you dolphin fans call Jerseys.

Dolphins, are you kiding me, What? wouldn't the NFL let you choose Unicorns as your mascot!

and Finally, Ricky, "cough" "cough", pass me that doobie snack.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-21-2005, 03:47 AM
If I'm going to get "negged" by someone who doesn't even have the courage to reveal who he is or why he is "negging" me for offering an honest opinion in response to this question---whether it's because some Fish fan didn't like my answer or because some Bills fan didn't like the fact that I bothered to answer a question about the Fish---then this is the last time that I am going to offer any kind of a fair analysis about any other team in the NFL on this board. I don't expect everyone to like or agree with things that I may post, but, if you are going to "neg" someone, at least have the courage to let the person know who you are and why you are "negging" them.

McD
04-21-2005, 06:25 AM
LtPhinFan66,
First, I would trade the pick for more picks...maybe middle first and a second??

Secondly, you are at Eglin AFB, not Egin AFB.

SABURZFAN
04-21-2005, 06:43 AM
LtPhinFan66,
you are at Eglin AFB, not Egin AFB.

when have you known for an officer in the military to be smart,let alone one who is a FISH fan? :snicker:

McD
04-21-2005, 06:51 AM
when have you known for an officer in the military to be smart,let alone one who is a FISH fan? :snicker:

Lol,
As a Senior NCO myself, I cannot condone your disrespect towards an officer of the United States military.....oh what the hell, he IS a fish fan. You understand Lt, don't ya?

:respect:
McD

camelcowboy
04-21-2005, 07:11 AM
If I'm going to get "negged" by someone who doesn't even have the courage to reveal who he is or why he is "negging" me for offering an honest opinion in response to this question---whether it's because some Fish fan didn't like my answer or because some Bills fan didn't like the fact that I bothered to answer a question about the Fish---then this is the last time that I am going to offer any kind of a fair analysis about any other team in the NFL on this board. I don't expect everyone to like or agree with things that I may post, but, if you are going to "neg" someone, at least have the courage to let the person know who you are and why you are "negging" them.
Man relax, I just playing, With the number 2 pick the dolphins will select Ronnie Brown, But i see them trading down.

Can someone explained the concept of "Negged"

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Exactly!!! I've gotten negged twice in the last 2 days just for giving an opinion on a thread that asked for opinions. The threads were:

Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?
and
Bills like some Centers

I really would like to know how offering my opinion on what Miami might do, or a Center the Bills might target should get me negged. Please state a reason when you neg someone and don't be a coward...show your name!!!

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Man relax, I just playing, With the number 2 pick the dolphins will select Ronnie Brown, But i see them trading down.

Can someone explained the concept of "Negged"
This is what the Billzone FAQ says:

Reputation is a system by which users can rate their fellow users.

To give reputation points, click on the SCALE icon in that user's post.

To check your reputation points, click on the SCALE icon in one of your own posts.

If your reputation is positive, you will see one or more green icons in your posts. If it's negative, those icons will be red.

Your Rep Power is your ability to give reputation points to others. The more rep power you have, the more reputation you may give. You can lose rep power by giving rep to others or by unsuccessfully using the ZoneBucks thief function.

You lose reputation power and reputation points by stealing ZoneBucks, and you lose even more if you unsuccessfully attempt to steal someone's ZoneBucks.

Premium Members can see all reputation received along with comments received in their User CP.

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Not an officer actually. Enlisted man, work for a living. LtDan became my nickname thanks to Forrest Gump. Though we Fin Fans have heard of a typo before. How about you? Or do you proof read each post 10-12 times to ensure no mistakes are made?:peace:

LtPhinFan66,
First, I would trade the pick for more picks...maybe middle first and a second??

Secondly, you are at Eglin AFB, not Egin AFB.Do you know me? How do you know I am at Eglin? Maybe Egin is a new sister base to Eglin??:lmao:

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Wasn't me! You probably gave the most well thought out response on here. Appreciate it!!

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Lol,
As a Senior NCO myself, I cannot condone your disrespect towards an officer of the United States military.....oh what the hell, he IS a fish fan. You understand Lt, don't ya?

:respect:
McDNow that is funny!!! I am actually a TSgt, you know, those guys that do all your work for you?? (j/k) Had to throw that is there since you are a Bills guy:lmao:

What do you do SNCO McD??

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Exactly!!! I've gotten negged twice in the last 2 days just for giving an opinion on a thread that asked for opinions. The threads were:

Who do your rivals in Miami choose #2?
and
Bills like some Centers

I really would like to know how offering my opinion on what Miami might do, or a Center the Bills might target should get me negged. Please state a reason when you neg someone and don't be a coward...show your name!!!
Sorry if I have caused you guys to get negged(whatever that is) for asking for your intelligent responses as to what the rival Fins will do in the draft. Just wanted to see what you guys thought, not create problems with fellow Bills fans. If they negged you for offering a good response instead of some smarta$$ junk, then they have issues!!

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Sorry if I have caused you guys to get negged(whatever that is) for asking for your intelligent responses as to what the rival Fins will do in the draft. Just wanted to see what you guys thought, not create problems with fellow Bills fans. If they negged you for offering a good response instead of some smarta$$ junk, then they have issues!!
I don't blame you. Fans of any team should be welcome here - even if you are from our "most hated rivals". And we should be able to talk freely. I welcome you and other team fans. You give us a different perspective on things and on your team. We don't always have to agree on everything, but we should atleast respect each other. And I think most other team fans here adhere to that rule. There do appear to be some exceptions, however...

jamze132
04-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Due to this response, I may need to retract the statement from earlier which is listed below....no, I won't blame this guy on the rest of you folks who gave good responses...ANY MORE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES??
You are going to come in here and act like there's no animosity between the two clubs? Get real!

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 07:31 PM
You are going to come in here and act like there's no animosity between the two clubs? Get real!
No but I am here to talk football, not smack so I would expect that respect even if we are rivals. I am not starting trouble and the majority on here are very gracious. Enough said!!

camelcowboy
04-21-2005, 11:45 PM
No but I am here to talk football, not smack so I would expect that respect even if we are rivals. I am not starting trouble and the majority on here are very gracious. Enough said!!
I know were rivals, but i really don't feel any animosity anymore. In the old days Miami, and Buffalo you would wait all season for these games. A little smack is fun, as long as it doesn't get personal. I guess im depressed because i feel New England is now are closest rival. Even though they always embarrass us. God, we need to go to the playoffs again.

McD
04-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Now that is funny!!! I am actually a TSgt, you know, those guys that do all your work for you?? (j/k) Had to throw that is there since you are a Bills guy:lmao:

What do you do SNCO McD??

I love those guys who do all the work for me, cuz that's what I did for 14 years :D: .

I'm the Electrical Systems Section Chief in CE. What about you?

McD

LifetimeBillsFan
04-22-2005, 01:54 AM
For my part, I HATE the Fish! I will always HATE the Fish! I will go to my death-bed hoping that they go winless ten years in a row....!!!

And, I despise trolls and those who think that insulting the fans of other teams somehow makes them a bigger fan of their own team even more than I hate the Fish!!!!! I used to be a regular on ESPN.com's Bills messageboard, but left there to find a home here because I all of the trolls and garbage that was being spewed out there.

But, as much as I HATE the Fish and can't understand why anyone would want to continue being one of their fans and despise trolls and smack-talk, I really enjoy talking and writing about football and exchanging thoughts and ideas with others who love the game and care enough about their team and the game to be well-informed and able to share their knowledge and interest with others---regardless of what team they happen to be a fan of. That's the reason that I have been frequenting this messageboard as much as I have been: there are a lot of people who post here who know a lot about not just the Bills, but the game and what's happening with the other teams in the league.

This is a great message board and I think that it is the kind of place where a fan of any team should be able to pose a reasonable question in a respectful manner asking for the views of Bills fans and be able to get an equally reasonable and respectful answer.

Unlike some posts I've read here by fans of other teams, the post that began this thread was, in my opinion, just that kind of question and I tried to address it in the same kind of reasonable and respectful manner in which I felt that it had been posed. While I expect that there would be more than a few people who would disagree with my logic and/or my answer and have an entirely different opinion of their own, I must admit that I was rather shocked and disappointed to find that I had been "negged" for my response to the the question without any explanation or anyone addressing the points that I raised in my reply in a subsequent post: if you're going to "neg" me, at least tell me why or what it was that I wrote that prompted you to do so. That's only fair.

And, personally, I don't think that answering a question that has been posed in a reasonable and respectful manner in a reasonable and respectful manner is a reason to be "negged"--unless there is something truly stupid or outlandish in that response, which should certainly be pointed out.

Now, that's just my opinion. I'm sure that there are going to be others who will disagree. And, if so, I hope that anyone who feels differently strongly enough to want to "neg" me will at least take the time to tell me what I have said that he/she disagrees with. I would certainly accord anyone else that same degree of courtesy and respect.

McD
04-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Tell us how you really feel LifetimeBF, lol!

LtFinFan66
04-22-2005, 09:06 AM
I love those guys who do all the work for me, cuz that's what I did for 14 years :D: .

I'm the Electrical Systems Section Chief in CE. What about you?

McD
I work in POL. If it needs gas, we are your guys!!

jamze132
04-22-2005, 10:25 AM
The one thing you don't understand, sir, is that you aren't the only guy who comes into the Billszone as a fan of the Dolphins. Everyday some fan from another team comes in an starts talking smack. So you get a bad rap without even posting because of your name. And sir, it's quite obvious you are indeed a sensitive Dolphins fan, it's understandable. The military has really changed over the past 5-6 years and is more sensitive than ever. And yes I can and will say that since I have been in the army for 9 years.

Just relax and have fun!

LtFinFan66
04-22-2005, 12:08 PM
The one thing you don't understand, sir, is that you aren't the only guy who comes into the Billszone as a fan of the Dolphins. Everyday some fan from another team comes in an starts talking smack. So you get a bad rap without even posting because of your name. And sir, it's quite obvious you are indeed a sensitive Dolphins fan, it's understandable. The military has really changed over the past 5-6 years and is more sensitive than ever. And yes I can and will say that since I have been in the army for 9 years.

Just relax and have fun!Understood that other fans come in and talk smack. That is not what I did. If you look in the new guy area where I first posted, you will see that. If I want to smack or be smacked, I will hit the smack forum just like at FinHeaven

SABURZFAN
04-22-2005, 06:51 PM
I work in POL. If it needs gas, we are your guys!!

i have gas. :fart:

jamze132
04-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I must apologize for my previous postings. If I have offended anyone in here, I offer my condolences. I am just under a lot of stress with the draft only a few hours away. I am really paranoid for some reason. Oh Well, it's probably just that **** that Ricky sold me.

finsrclowns
04-23-2005, 09:28 AM

Wassup Lt?

I hate to say it, but I think the fins will do well in the draft. I think they will trade down at least once with the 2nd pick, then take a RB, Ronnie Brown if available.

I'd like them to take Cedric Benson because he's not that fast and he reminds me of Ricky, which makes me laugh. Early 2nd I see them taking Khalif Barnes if he's there. :peace:

pyrrhonist
04-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow, giving an opinion here gets me negged, too? :nuk:

Most of my post in this thread was geared towards praising Braylon, not praising the Fins. Wow, there must be some Ohio State fan lurking here.....

:blowup: