PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan traded to...Texans.

Nighthawk
04-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Texans | Buchanon Acquired - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:39:41 -0700

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans have acquired CB Phillip Buchanon in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. In exchange, the Texans have sent second- and third-round choices in this year's draft to Oakland. Buchanon still has two years remaining on his original rookie deal, with base salaries of $700,000 for 2005 and $800,000 for 2006.

What does this mean for the rumored interest from the Redskins in Clements? If Houston gave up 2nd & 3rd round picks in this draft, what is Clements worth?

Kerr
04-19-2005, 10:16 PM
He's worth a hell of a lot more.

Dicknoze69
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
and he's not going anywhere

Sportsuser101
04-19-2005, 10:52 PM
If Buchanon gets 2nd and 3rd picks Clements should be worth a 1 and a 2.

pyrrhonist
04-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Holy Ron Mexico, I cannot believe the price that the Raiders got Houston to pay! :lmao:

If we were talking the Philip Buchanon who still played for the 'Canes, then Hell yes, that's a steal, but the Raiders version.......Much like Woodson, he plays nowhere near as studly as he did back at Michigan.

Novacane
04-20-2005, 07:48 AM
If Buchanon gets 2nd and 3rd picks Clements should be worth a 1 and a 2.

No Way! Lets not way overvalue a player just because he's on our team. I remember last year at this time a lot of people were saying they would not even consider trading Travis Henry unless we got 2 first round picks. Clements may be able to draw a late 1rst rounder but no way the #9 pick and certainly not with a second rounder thrown in.

mysticsoto
04-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Whew!!! What does that say about how people view Surtain if all Miami is asking for is a 2nd rder for him and they have no takers???

This most likely means Oakland will pick a CB with their 1st rd, 39th pick (instead of a LB). And I have a feeling they will probably target someone like Corey Webster or Fabian Washington...then with their 2nd rd pick, 48th pick, they will probably take a top DE/DT.

After trading for Moss, and now getting extra picks for a middle of the road type draft...come July, the Raiders might be in line for having the best offseason of all teams!!!

ddaryl
04-20-2005, 09:39 AM
No Way! Lets not way overvalue a player just because he's on our team. I remember last year at this time a lot of people were saying they would not even consider trading Travis Henry unless we got 2 first round picks. Clements may be able to draw a late 1rst rounder but no way the #9 pick and certainly not with a second rounder thrown in.
Clements is a franchisable player

Frachise players cost 2 1st rd picks

Clements would be worth more then just the #9 pick.

Jayhawk
04-20-2005, 10:31 AM
quick, we should offer Clements for the Redskins 2 first round picks. they're stupid enough this year.

Sportsuser101
04-20-2005, 10:34 AM
RBs are a dime a dozen. Big time corners are not. Clements is young, a ballhawk and can tackle. He is a top 3 corner in the league.

Dicknoze69
04-20-2005, 01:15 PM
RBs are a dime a dozen. Big time corners are not. Clements is young, a ballhawk and can tackle. He is a top 3 corner in the league.

Agreed. Clements isn't going anywhere this off-season guys.

jamze132
04-20-2005, 05:20 PM
He can also look like a rookie on the next play.

RetroRaiders81
04-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Whew!!! What does that say about how people view Surtain if all Miami is asking for is a 2nd rder for him and they have no takers???

This most likely means Oakland will pick a CB with their 1st rd, 39th pick (instead of a LB). And I have a feeling they will probably target someone like Corey Webster or Fabian Washington...then with their 2nd rd pick, 48th pick, they will probably take a top DE/DT.

After trading for Moss, and now getting extra picks for a middle of the road type draft...come July, the Raiders might be in line for having the best offseason of all teams!!!
The raiders will go after a LB in there first 2 picks. I you didn't know, they signed Renaldo Hill the other week. They will draft a corner or two though, just not with there first pick.