Buchanan traded to...Texans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Buchanan traded to...Texans.

Texans | Buchanon Acquired - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:39:41 -0700

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans have acquired CB Phillip Buchanon in a trade with the Oakland Raiders. In exchange, the Texans have sent second- and third-round choices in this year's draft to Oakland. Buchanon still has two years remaining on his original rookie deal, with base salaries of $700,000 for 2005 and $800,000 for 2006.

What does this mean for the rumored interest from the Redskins in Clements? If Houston gave up 2nd & 3rd round picks in this draft, what is Clements worth?
  • Johnny Utah
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

He's worth a hell of a lot more.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
      • Jul 2002

and he's not going anywhere

God give me style and give me grace
      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

If Buchanon gets 2nd and 3rd picks Clements should be worth a 1 and a 2.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• pyrrhonist
          • Sep 2003

Holy Ron Mexico, I cannot believe the price that the Raiders got Houston to pay!

If we were talking the Philip Buchanon who still played for the 'Canes, then Hell yes, that's a steal, but the Raiders version.......Much like Woodson, he plays nowhere near as studly as he did back at Michigan.

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
            If Buchanon gets 2nd and 3rd picks Clements should be worth a 1 and a 2.

No Way! Lets not way overvalue a player just because he's on our team. I remember last year at this time a lot of people were saying they would not even consider trading Travis Henry unless we got 2 first round picks. Clements may be able to draw a late 1rst rounder but no way the #9 pick and certainly not with a second rounder thrown in.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Whew!!! What does that say about how people view Surtain if all Miami is asking for is a 2nd rder for him and they have no takers???

This most likely means Oakland will pick a CB with their 1st rd, 39th pick (instead of a LB). And I have a feeling they will probably target someone like Corey Webster or Fabian Washington...then with their 2nd rd pick, 48th pick, they will probably take a top DE/DT.

After trading for Moss, and now getting extra picks for a middle of the road type draft...come July, the Raiders might be in line for having the best offseason of all teams!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by regor
                No Way! Lets not way overvalue a player just because he's on our team. I remember last year at this time a lot of people were saying they would not even consider trading Travis Henry unless we got 2 first round picks. Clements may be able to draw a late 1rst rounder but no way the #9 pick and certainly not with a second rounder thrown in.
                Clements is a franchisable player

Frachise players cost 2 1st rd picks

Clements would be worth more then just the #9 pick.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

quick, we should offer Clements for the Redskins 2 first round picks. they're stupid enough this year.
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by regor
                    RBs are a dime a dozen. Big time corners are not. Clements is young, a ballhawk and can tackle. He is a top 3 corner in the league.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                      • Jul 2002

RBs are a dime a dozen. Big time corners are not. Clements is young, a ballhawk and can tackle. He is a top 3 corner in the league.
                      Agreed. Clements isn't going anywhere this off-season guys.

God give me style and give me grace
                      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

He can also look like a rookie on the next play.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                          Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Whew!!! What does that say about how people view Surtain if all Miami is asking for is a 2nd rder for him and they have no takers???

This most likely means Oakland will pick a CB with their 1st rd, 39th pick (instead of a LB). And I have a feeling they will probably target someone like Corey Webster or Fabian Washington...then with their 2nd rd pick, 48th pick, they will probably take a top DE/DT.

After trading for Moss, and now getting extra picks for a middle of the road type draft...come July, the Raiders might be in line for having the best offseason of all teams!!!
                          The raiders will go after a LB in there first 2 picks. I you didn't know, they signed Renaldo Hill the other week. They will draft a corner or two though, just not with there first pick.
                          The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                          X