PDA

View Full Version : What to do about the idle team...

MikeInRoch
04-20-2005, 10:01 AM
So we've got one team that is completely idle. Is there a plan for what to do if they continue to do nothing? We can't have a league with just 19 teams, and bringing someone else in is going to get tougher the further we get in this draft. Do we have any backup GMs on the list?

This assumes, naturally, that they are not just passing on purpose to save salary, but we haven't had any indication of this.

I really think we need to address this now, rather than later.

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 10:50 AM
So we've got one team that is completely idle. Is there a plan for what to do if they continue to do nothing? We can't have a league with just 19 teams, and bringing someone else in is going to get tougher the further we get in this draft. Do we have any backup GMs on the list?

This assumes, naturally, that they are not just passing on purpose to save salary, but we haven't had any indication of this.

I really think we need to address this now, rather than later.
I have given that team until Sunday to take some initiative and let me know what is going on. Starting Monday, we will have to start picking a team with the best players available. Much like the Expos in baseball, the league can run that team if needed. We can find a new owner and that guy will have to take over as is.