PDA

View Full Version : The Player you don't want the Bills to pick

Jayhawk
04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
QB/te/wr/whatever Matt Jones. I jsut odn't see the hype and he has a lack of passion.

Italian Stallion
04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Good thread for a change of pace JayHawk...

I'd have to say Luis Castillo or Antajj Hawthorne...in the second round.

We have spent two pretty high picks on Edwards and Anderson, let's see how they are first before we stunt their growth with another mouth to feed, with such a high pick

Now if any of those guys happen to fall to the 3rd (due to their recent problems Castillo- steroids Hawthorne- Pot) then disregard the above and take them at that point, purley for value

tampabay25690
04-20-2005, 10:51 AM
I say a KICKER Nugent in the 2nd round, I just think the Bills need more then a Kicker, OL, CB, DT ,TE, backup RB!!!!11

EDS
04-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Any guard, we have plenty of depth at that position already. If the guy can play another position, like center or tackle, obviously that changes things.

This applies only to round 2 and 3, after that, I could care less.

gonzo1105
04-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Fabian Washington....Any guy who doesn't learn his college playbook is gonna have trouble adjusting to an NFL playbook

clumping platelets
04-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Anttaj Hawthorne

I like Castillo :ontome:

Mudflap1
04-20-2005, 11:10 AM
QB/te/wr/whatever Matt Jones. I jsut odn't see the hype and he has a lack of passion.
This is the guy they DO need! He's an amazing athletic prospect who could be the 3rd WR, AND a TE/H-back who can block, run, and catch! Furthermore, he smells like a Tom Donahoe-type pick.

I say Nugent as a guy I don't want to see drafted early. Lindell is a choker, but there are other needs that are more glaring, like LT.

Jon

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Mike Nugent or Luis Castillo

helmetguy
04-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Maurice Clarett...in ANY round.

gr8slayer
04-20-2005, 11:24 AM
I do not want to see us waste a pick on this Castillo guy or any DL for that matter. We need OL.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Maurice Clarett...in ANY round.

How can you not want Clarett in like round 7??

Mahdi
04-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Antajj Hawthorne ..has a rep of being lazy...plus having pot in your system at the combine is just dumb. Obviously doesnt have his head in the right place.

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2005, 12:04 PM

Actually I am kinda hoping we get him. He could possibly add alot. We are fairly set at most positions and unless there is a solid O linemen there I wouldn't mind taking him.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
If we haven't done the Shelton deal, I'm against anyone who isn't the best available left tackle. If we have, I'm against anyone who isn't the best player available.

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2005, 12:09 PM
If we haven't done the Shelton deal, I'm against anyone who isn't the best available left tackle. If we have, I'm against anyone who isn't the best player available.
What if the best available tackle is a 4th round talent and Jones is still there?

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
This is the guy they DO need! He's an amazing athletic prospect who could be the 3rd WR, AND a TE/H-back who can block, run, and catch! Furthermore, he smells like a Tom Donahoe-type pick.

He does seem like a TD pick..
I just don't know how he will be able to pick up a position he has never played before, and complete the college/NFL transition, and beat out Reed and Aiken, players who have played WR their whole life, and have played before in the NFL, for the 3rd spot. Definitley a project.

If we trade TH for Philly's 2nd rounder, I'd pick like this.

#55 Adam Terry
#63 Matt Jones (if he's already picked, take Castillo here, or the best CB available.)
#86 CB Domonique Foxworth (or Webster/McFadden if either are still there)
#118 DT Ronald Fields (Think Pat Williams potential, run stuffing wise.)
5th round Wr Josh Davis (Excellent intermidiate, slot WR potential if we don't get Matt Jones. If we did, get the best RB available.)
6th round Best RB available (if we didn't pick Matt Jones.)
7th round C

Michael82
04-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Mike Nugent before the 6th round, and Anttaj Hawthorne.

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I just don't know how he will be able to pick up a position he has never played before, and complete the college/NFL transition, and beat out Reed and Aiken, players who have played WR their whole life, and have played before in the NFL, for the 3rd spot. Definitley a project.

#55 Adam Terry
#63 Matt Jones (if he's already picked, take Castillo here, or the best CB available.)
5th round Wr Josh Davis (Excellent intermidiate, slot WR potential if we don't get Matt Jones. If we did, get the best RB available.)
7th round C

I like this!

Jan Reimers
04-20-2005, 12:35 PM
What if the best available tackle is a 4th round talent and Jones is still there?
There are at least 6 tackles that are generally thought to be 1st or 2nd round material. If they're all gone at 55, which I seriously doubt, Jones would be an intriguing pick.

BTW, I like taking offensive skill players, or big play defensive guys, in the early rounds. It's simply the thought of Mike Gandy or Trey Teague at LT, trying to protect an inexperienced JP, that scares me into taking a LT earlier than I'd like.

EDS
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM

#55 Adam Terry
7th round C

I think Josh Reed was a running back who was converted to WR in college.

Dicknoze69
04-20-2005, 01:13 PM
K Mike Nugent. I wouldn't be opposed to him, but it better be late. Meaning, we won't get him.

Tatonka
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
There are at least 6 tackles that are generally thought to be 1st or 2nd round material. If they're all gone at 55, which I seriously doubt, Jones would be an intriguing pick.

BTW, I like taking offensive skill players, or big play defensive guys, in the early rounds. It's simply the thought of Mike Gandy or Trey Teague at LT, trying to protect an inexperienced JP, that scares me into taking a LT earlier than I'd like.
Who would you say are the six tackles on that list?

i personally would say there are the top three, then a drop off.. but it also really depends on how the bills rate them.. like they may see something in barron that they really DONT like.. who knows.

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM

Fair enough.

mysticsoto
04-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Okay, let me ramble and think and see who I like and don't like...

Personally, I don't like Mike Patterson. I think he's way too small to be a DT. I'm leary of Ben Wilkerson b'cse I feel like either he hasn't recovered completely from the injuries or that he's injury prone. I'm lukewarm on Maurice Clarett and would probably rather stay away from him unless he's available to us in a very low round (7th ?). I don't want to draft Darren Sproles even in a low round - I don't think he gives us anything that Shaud doesn't...In truth, I only like Spencer, Brown and Incognito for Centers, so I'd be weary of waiting past the 4th rd to get a Center...I'll be very disappointed if we get a TE. We have 2 good ones recovering apparently just fine, one backup and one in Europe who is a long snapper and I hope makes our team (instead of having a strictly long snapper and do nothing else role on our team).

I haven't seen anything from Munoz at OT that would make me want to draft him. I think people are rating him that high based on his name.

That's all I can think of right now...

McGee
04-20-2005, 02:07 PM
I'll be very disappointed if we get a TE. We have 2 good ones recovering apparently just fine, one backup and one in Europe who is a long snapper and I hope makes our team (instead of having a strictly long snapper and do nothing else role on our team).

I haven't seen anything from Munoz at OT that would make me want to draft him. I think people are rating him that high based on his name.Unless Heath Miller is available when we pick (only happens if we move into Round 1), I don't want to see a TE selected either. I don't want to hear Munoz's name called unless it's a late round, value pick. He's way too injury prone and gets press because of his dad.