PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ - ALL OWNERS MUST VOTE!

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 11:00 AM
We may have a team that is on vacation or has decided not to play. I have send off a PM wondering what is going on. His last activity at BillsZone was 4/17 so he knows the draft is on. We need to decide what we are going to do.

I gave him until Friday to check in figuring that we would move on starting Monday without him. Should we:

1. Get a new owner for Friday
2. Get a new owner for Monday

A. Allow new owner to catch up (Make picks in rounds 1-8)
B. Allow new owner 5 picks to catch up
C. Allow new owner to start where we are on that day.

Pick 1 or 2 and A or B or C

The new owner (and that new owner may have to be the league) will abide by the decisions of the other owners. The picks that that owner is allowed to make (if any) will be in the value:

8 picks Rounds 1-8.
5 picks Rounds 4-8.

R. Rich
04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
1B for me

tampabay25690
04-20-2005, 11:04 AM
1B also for me

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 11:06 AM
1A for me

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 11:10 AM
any chance we could skip his picks also until we further hear from him?? this would probably allow us to continue draft moving quicker

Forward_Lateral
1B

MikeInRoch
1A.

That Guy
04-20-2005, 11:12 AM
1A

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 11:14 AM
1B but we need to decide how much each of those picks is worth which is why 1A might be better but 8 picks in a row is alot, imo.

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I think they would be slotted like we chose 1 =$10mil 2&3 = $7.5 mil each etc so they would have to be careful of the cap as we have been

Michael82
04-20-2005, 11:21 AM
1B and IMO this needs to happen ASAP to avoid that team getting no team at all. I also agree with pmacla. That owner should have to make his $10 million, $7.5 million, and $5 million picks just like us. I also think that they should be awarded the first pick in the 2005 Rookie Draft too.

Devin
04-20-2005, 11:36 AM
1B

Sportsuser101
04-20-2005, 11:44 AM
1B

ryjam282
04-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I say 1B also

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I would like to add that the owner shouldn't have to pay 1st round pricing for 8th round talent. I say the value of his first picks should be the same as which round we are at at that point in the draft.

Missing the first 6 or so rounds is punishment enough, you want to make the person pay 10 million for a 3-4 million dollar talent? That's absurd.

R. Rich
04-20-2005, 12:17 PM
I would like to add that the owner shouldn't have to pay 1st round pricing for 8th round talent. I say the value of his first picks should be the same as which round we are at at that point in the draft.

Missing the first 6 or so rounds is punishment enough, you want to make the person pay 10 million for a 3-4 million dollar talent? That's absurd.

Fair enough. It's as if they traded down to that spot anyway, so they shouldn't have to pay higher than where they're drafting. Whoever it is, they're behind the 8 ball to begin w/, having lost so many early round chances. Why penalize them any more?

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 12:18 PM

Under that scenario I would change my vote because I think that would be more unfair to the other owners

Sportsuser101
04-20-2005, 12:19 PM

Missing the first 6 or so rounds is punishment enough, you want to make the person pay 10 million for a 3-4 million dollar talent? That's absurd.I agree but they shouldn't get all those picks to make up. It should be the 8th round is there 1st pick and they go in the order like if they were to skip the 1st 7 rounds.

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
what if we bring the new owner in on Friday...they will have missed the first 8 rounds...we could let them have 4 picks at the following:

5th $5
6th $5
7th $4
8th $4

would that work??

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
That works for me though they have disadvantage this year they do havean advantage next year

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I agree but they shouldn't get all those picks to make up. It should be the 8th round is there 1st pick and they go in the order like if they were to skip the 1st 7 rounds.

So, you want to give them 5 picks to make up for 7 lost rounds, and make them pay the prices of the first few rounds. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd be suprised if you found anyone who'd want to take over the team.

I also fail to see how it's "unfair" to the other teams to give the guy 5 picks to catch up. He's already missed out on Big name players. If the guy was around to make his picks, I guarantee half the teams would've had to drafted differently.

All I'm saying is, telling someone that they get 8th round talent for first round price is stupid, and nobody that I'd want to compete against would do it, it would be suicide from the first step.

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
So, you want to give them 5 picks to make up for 7 lost rounds, and make them pay the prices of the first few rounds. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd be suprised if you found anyone who'd want to take over the team.

I also fail to see how it's "unfair" to the other teams to give the guy 5 picks to catch up. He's already missed out on Big name players. If the guy was around to make his picks, I guarantee half the teams would've had to drafted differently.

All I'm saying is, telling someone that they get 8th round talent for first round price is stupid, and nobody that I'd want to compete against would do it, it would be suicide from the first step.
check my last post...people made good points..we are not going to make them draft at those high levels...but there is enough talent left to let them draft at the $5 mil and $4mil level...

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
check my last post...people made good points..we are not going to make them draft at those high levels...but there is enough talent left to let them draft at the $5 mil and $4mil level...

Didn't see it before I posted that, sorry. I agree with that idea. give them 4 picks at those prices, then just give them the Nasty Nights draft slot and continue on from there.

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 12:50 PM
It becomes unfair when you factor the fact that they will make up for the loss of first few rounds of talent in two ways, A.) they will not have to trade out of or pass picks in rounds which will make up for talent loss and B.) If their most expensive player is paid $3 million lets say, makes it easy for them to lock up their players for future years and also makes them by far the most powerful owner come free agency next year when they can offer other owners players contracts that the owner can not match because of cap restraints, so yes there is a disadvantage to come in at this point but that is the original owners fault he should not have agreed to participate and then flake its like buying a business when it is down may not be his fault but its the price of admission

Michael82
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
That works for me though they have disadvantage this year they do havean advantage next year
that's the problem. They have a HUGE advantage cap wise and will be able to gobble up FAs. I think that if we bring them in, we need to start them tomorrow morning by round 7. That makes it so there is still SOME talent left that is worth $5 or even $7.5, and they also don't have as big of an advantage next year.

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
It becomes unfair when you factor the fact that they will make up for the loss of first few rounds of talent in two ways, A.) they will not have to trade out of or pass picks in rounds which will make up for talent loss and B.) If their most expensive player is paid $3 million lets say, makes it easy for them to lock up their players for future years and also makes them by far the most powerful owner come free agency next year when they can offer other owners players contracts that the owner can not match because of cap restraints, so yes there is a disadvantage to come in at this point but that is the original owners fault he should not have agreed to participate and then flake its like buying a business when it is down may not be his fault but its the price of admission
at this point we may have to suck it up a little and just move forth regardless any advantage they might get in the future.

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I will live with the 4 picks at $5 million and they pick in Nasty Nights pick starting Friday morning I think that is a fair compromise

Michael82
04-20-2005, 12:56 PM
i think the problem is...we waited too long. Something like this should have happened in the 3rd or 4th round. It would be much more fair and wouldn't have changed things like giving him 5 picks in a row will do and letting him only have to pay $5 and $4 million for them. How about all 5 picks are $5 million a piece? That helps a little bit and honestly, i still think that there is a bunch of talent out there to start a brand new team. but it has to begin TOMORROW IMO.

Michael82
04-20-2005, 12:57 PM
I will live with the 4 picks at $5 million and they pick in Nasty Nights pick starting Friday morning I think that is a fair compromise
How about 5 picks at $5 million and then they can start with Nasty Night's picks on Friday?

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
How about 5 picks at $5 million and then they can start with Nasty Night's picks on Friday?

I can Live with that as well, there is more than enough talent out there for them to still be competitive or if we can get someone today we can do 4 picks at $5 mil and they pick in Nsty Nights spot tommorrow either way Ill support it

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Mikey...don't be overly concerned...there were only 3 picks at the $5mil range...it might not be fair to give them 4 picks at that range...

Unless somebody has a major problem we will go with a new owner on Friday and that new owner will have 3 $5mil picks and 1 $4mil pick...they MUST make all 4 picks.

Please state any objections below.

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 01:10 PM
If it's such a big advantage to miss the first 7 rounds, why hasn't anyone passed every round then?

The Chef
04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
1B

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 01:13 PM
If it's such a big advantage to miss the first 7 rounds, why hasn't anyone passed every round then?

Its not in year 1 but would be in subsequent years if your vision for your team was to build through free agency

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Its not in year 1 but would be in subsequent years if your vision for your team was to build through free agency

I don't get it. You can cut all of your high price players if you want to at the end of the year. What's the difference?

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't get it. You can cut all of your high price players if you want to at the end of the year. What's the difference?
which is an excellent point...that is why I am willing to let them have the 4 picks and just get this moving...any owner can practically dump all his high priced talent and start new next year...

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Im cool with what has been decided maybe I'm just thinking too much into everything

R. Rich
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Im cool with what has been decided maybe I'm just thinking too much into everything

Nothing wrong w/ thinking. You hear that, Mikey?

Sportsuser101
04-20-2005, 01:34 PM

You obvious misread what I wrote. I'm agreeing with you that they shouldn't pay 1st round money on a guy. Either 1 of 2 things I would like to see happen. I would like for them to start in round 8 and not have any picks previous (as if they were to skip them) or do the idea that Eb put up. Either 1 is fine.

Michael82
04-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Mikey...don't be overly concerned...there were only 3 picks at the $5mil range...it might not be fair to give them 4 picks at that range...

Unless somebody has a major problem we will go with a new owner on Friday and that new owner will have 3 $5mil picks and 1 $4mil pick...they MUST make all 4 picks.

Please state any objections below.
Okay, i'm fine with that one. But can't we find a way to start them tomorrow before the talent diludes anymore?

The King
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
They should also get to punch the owner who dropped out in the face.

Michael82
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
They should also get to punch the owner who dropped out in the face.
:rofl:

Canadian'eh!
04-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Eb.... don't think you should be too concerned about the guy having kids or something... born in 1987 so he's 17-18 years old. if he had kids they would not be in school. the draft has been going on for week and nothing from him... if he returns upset you could give him the choice of taking the team back withthe players already selected for him...

Sabre Ally
04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
I like Eb's idea of starting Friday and giving him four $5M and one $4M to catch up some.

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Eb.... don't think you should be too concerned about the guy having kids or something... born in 1987 so he's 17-18 years old. if he had kids they would not be in school. the draft has been going on for week and nothing from him... if he returns upset you could give him the choice of taking the team back withthe players already selected for him...
Right now, this is the game plan I think we will go by...I will think about it. If we do this should the picks be made before round 7?

L.A. Playa
04-20-2005, 06:27 PM
if you have the owner I say go for it

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 06:31 PM
if you have the owner I say go for it
Canadian 'EH has volunteered and said he would give NN the team back if necessary. Let me eat dinner and think about it! I think this is a good solution. I'll let you know before I open the 7th round...that will also give other owners a chance to chime in.

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Let him pick ASAP so the other teams can plan. The sooner he catches up, the better, IMO.

RetroRaiders81
04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
1b