PDA

View Full Version : Will this guy amount to anything?

ticatfan
04-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Ottawa Renegades have signed quarterback Paul Peterson, a former Boston College star who would have been eligible for this weekend's National Football League draft.

However, based on several factors, Peterson's NFL chances were remote, and he decided to begin his career in the Canadian Football League.

He will likely serve as Ottawa's No. 3 quarterback behind starter Kerry Joseph and backup Brad Banks. Tyler Paopao, the eldest son of general manager/head coach Joe Paopao, will also be at training camp.

Peterson, 24, is a former college teammate of Renegades kicker Sandro Sciortino, and was often compared to B.C. Lions pivot Dave Dickenson by former general manager Eric Tillman because what he lacks in size (6-0, 185 pounds) he makes up for with intelligence.

But like Dickenson, Peterson suffered through an injury-plagued 2004 season, breaking a bone in his throwing hand late in the season, then suffering a heinous broken left leg in Boston College's bowl-game victory over North Carolina. He left the field on a stretcher, and the injury damaged his already slim NFL prospects.

Born in Pennsylvania and raised in Utah, Peterson served a two-year Mormon mission in Nicaragua and speaks Spanish. Prior to attending Boston College, he played for Snow Junior College in Utah where he was an all-American.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Kid has alot of talent but consistency problem, I was at the game v. UNC where he broke his leg, I was in the upper deck and you could hear it snap. I dont know if he'll ever recover from that one.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Probably not as a football player, but perhaps as a missionary.

Italian Stallion
04-20-2005, 11:31 AM
welll.....the cfl sucks so yeah

Typ0
04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
he will never amount to anything which is why he's going to the CFL.

Mahdi
04-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Ottawa Renegades have signed quarterback Paul Peterson, a former Boston College star who would have been eligible for this weekend's National Football League draft.

However, based on several factors, Peterson's NFL chances were remote, and he decided to begin his career in the Canadian Football League.

He will likely serve as Ottawa's No. 3 quarterback behind starter Kerry Joseph and backup Brad Banks. Tyler Paopao, the eldest son of general manager/head coach Joe Paopao, will also be at training camp.

Peterson, 24, is a former college teammate of Renegades kicker Sandro Sciortino, and was often compared to B.C. Lions pivot Dave Dickenson by former general manager Eric Tillman because what he lacks in size (6-0, 185 pounds) he makes up for with intelligence.

But like Dickenson, Peterson suffered through an injury-plagued 2004 season, breaking a bone in his throwing hand late in the season, then suffering a heinous broken left leg in Boston College's bowl-game victory over North Carolina. He left the field on a stretcher, and the injury damaged his already slim NFL prospects.

Born in Pennsylvania and raised in Utah, Peterson served a two-year Mormon mission in Nicaragua and speaks Spanish. Prior to attending Boston College, he played for Snow Junior College in Utah where he was an all-American.
Didnt know there was another ottawan on this board ....where in ottawa do you live? If you dont mind me asking...

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Well let me see....

He is a player that wouldn't cut it in the NFL..

I think he will Star in the CFL!!!

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I didn't know Brad Banks was now a backup in the CFL.

Earthquake Enyart
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Tyler Paopao, the eldest son of general manager/head coach Joe Paopao, will also be at training camp.

This looks like trouble. :::