PDA

View Full Version : Question about player retirement...

MikeInRoch
04-20-2005, 12:27 PM
What happens under this scenario:

In spring, 2006, I sign a player to a 5 year contract (BZFL 2006-2010). He plays in the NFL (and in the BZFL) in 2006. After the 2006 NFL season, he announces his retirement from the NFL. I assume that he will still have stats for the 2007 BZFL season (which are based on the 2006 NFL season), and therefore could theoretically play. Can he play in the 2007 BZFL season?

After the 2007 BZFL season, what happens to his contract? Am I on the hook for the remaining three years? Or do contracts for retired players vaporize?

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
What happens under this scenario:

In spring, 2006, I sign a player to a 5 year contract (BZFL 2006-2010). He plays in the NFL (and in the BZFL) in 2006. After the 2006 NFL season, he announces his retirement from the NFL. I assume that he will still have stats for the 2007 BZFL season (which are based on the 2006 NFL season), and therefore could theoretically play. Can he play in the 2007 BZFL season?

After the 2007 BZFL season, what happens to his contract? Am I on the hook for the remaining three years? Or do contracts for retired players vaporize?
if he plays in the NFL then he is eligible for the game disk...but if he retires??damn...good question...let me do some research on that!

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
if he plays in the NFL then he is eligible for the game disk...but if he retires??damn...good question...let me do some research on that!

Id assume we would just let the sim determine when the player retires, kinda like in a franchise on Madden. A player may retire next year in the NFL but may play 4 more seasons in Madden.

Ebenezer
04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Id assume we would just let the sim determine when the player retires, kinda like in a franchise on Madden. A player may retire next year in the NFL but may play 4 more seasons in Madden.
can't do this with this game...the folks that develop the game only put players in that played in the previous season...if the guy does not play he does not exist.

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM

I'd rather go by the NFL, there are some random things like retirement that shouldn't be left up to a SIM.