PDA

View Full Version : If Flutie QB's this wekend who will you route for

don137
12-12-2002, 12:20 PM
If Drew Brees gets hurt during the game this weekend and Fluite enters the game where are your loyalties going to be.

The Natrix
12-12-2002, 12:27 PM
root for Buffalo and root against Flutie and root for someone to throw nacho cheese on him

ArcticWildMan
12-12-2002, 12:41 PM
I'm a Bills fan, why would I cheer on an opposing QB? :scratch:

Mr B
12-12-2002, 12:43 PM
Man its been two years since Flutie...time to move on dude.

lordofgun
12-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Like it or not, there will still be a few "Bills fans" who will root for Flutie to win. :coocoo:

Patrick76777
12-12-2002, 01:08 PM
F – Flutie, he doesn’t play for us. If he plays, I hope he breaks his leg.

DougFlutie7
12-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by don137
If Drew Brees gets hurt during the game this weekend and Fluite enters the game where are your loyalties going to be.

What do you mean IF. I’m sure that a few of the 40,000 Flutie fanatics that live in Buffalo and Canada will take Drew out on Saturday nite. I’m going to have a great game.

kgun12
12-12-2002, 03:35 PM
We can only hope they put the mullet in as a WR and Wire knocks his head into Row 5!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-12-2002, 03:50 PM
No true bills fan would even think about option 3.

northernbillfan
12-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Options 2 & 3 should not even be on a BILLS board!!!

Anyone who would even think about cheering for Flutie should be drawn and quatered!

:deadhorse:

Valerie
12-12-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun Like it or not, there will still be a few "Bills fans" who will root for Flutie to win. :coocoo:
Yup, and I'm one of them. I'm not sure I'd root for Doug to win, but I definitely want to see him do well. :)

The_Philster
12-12-2002, 04:07 PM
That's just because Flutie makes you :drool: ;)

Jman
12-12-2002, 04:40 PM
My fantasy roster can make me partial to rooting for the Bills at times, but not in this case.

DIHARD2
12-12-2002, 05:00 PM
You cannot be a fan of The Buffalo Bills and route for the other teams quarterback to beat you. You cannot call yourself a fan of the Buffalo Bills if you want them to get beaten because of one player.

I believe it's an oxymoron, You cannot be a fan of a team and route for them to lose. Or another way to put it, you cannot be a fan of the Bills in this case, you can only be a fan of a certain player.

You (can) route for the Chargers if Flutie is in, but only if they're playing another team. There is nothing wrong with liking another teams player an carrying about that players teams wins and losses. As long as they don't infringe on your team standings.

Again if you're routing for the other players team to win, when that win keeps your team from, say the playoffs, then you cannot call yourself a fan of said team, (which in this case is the Buffalo Bills.)

This poll makes no sense! The way this poll should read is; Who here is a Bills fan and who is not?

A. are you a fan of the Buffalo Bills or are you a fan of a player?

B. Can you be a fan of the Buffalo Bills and a fan of another team player, when that other players team is playing you?

C. Do you know anything about football, if you claim to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills and route for them (the Bills) to lose to the other team because of one player.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

LVGrown
12-12-2002, 08:14 PM
yeah DIHARD2 that's the problem ... there are so many Bills fans that will be going for the loser! Last year at the Bills, Chargers game half the damn stadium were Bills fans going for Flutie! What the hell is that??? It's a shame! That is just one of the billions of reasons I pray he comes in the game and Wire or Winfield lay his ass out! Hell one lady accused me of sleeping with Flutie thats why I hate him ... see how much common sense the people have???

Erin

Erin

don137
12-12-2002, 08:25 PM
I always been miffed at the loyalty to Flutie. It should be Bills comes first period. I am glad to see no one chose hoping SD to win because last year that was not the case...

Typ0
12-13-2002, 12:06 AM
What's up with the Flutopian losers? Why isn't the game on TV this weekend?

lunatic_bills_fan
12-13-2002, 04:28 AM
Will this poll be conducted if should happen to play a team with Rob Johnson st QB?

:shakeno:

mybills
12-13-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
Will this poll be conducted if should happen to play a team with Rob Johnson st QB?

:lol:

I'm rooting for the (Bills) to win.

I will not root for Flutie, Johnson or Blindsoe.

Go (Bills) !!!

Buffarama
12-13-2002, 12:51 PM

I hope you're kidding. I can't even fathom rooting against Buffalo cause of any player. Ludicrous.

Mr Bill
12-13-2002, 01:59 PM
Did you root for Cowart to do good against when we played the Jets. His playing was far better for Buffalo when he was here than the midget. But did anyone root for him....

How Antowaine Smith, did anybody root for him to have a good day?

Bruce Smith too, tho we haven't played the Redskins yet, how about Thurman Thomas when he was in Miami....

Shall I go on?

Bills all the way!!!!!!!

TypicalBill
12-13-2002, 02:03 PM

this is a joke right? r u serious?

lordofgun
12-13-2002, 02:16 PM
I wish Flutie would hurry up and retire. I'm sick of seeing his name.

TedMock
12-13-2002, 02:36 PM
I can't stand the little weasel. He's a trouble maker and his disease is obviously still here. Tony Eason and he didn't get along in a public feud, Jim McMahon publicly didn't like him, Rob Johnson publicly flat out hated him. Hey Doug, maybe it's you!!! Maybe it's not the others that you manage to convince so many weak minded fans of. Maybe the "woe is me, I never got a chance routine" isn't working in San Diego because it's finally old now with the media. I know you're trying but since there are a few ex-bills on the squad you can't pull it off as easily because they've seen your evil ways. So many problems with so many teamates on so many different teams, it couldn't have possibly been you.

Gunzlingr
12-13-2002, 04:46 PM
I liked Flutie, and was sad to see him go. BUT, he is no longer a Bill so I don't give a rat's ass about him now. I still wear my Flutie jersey, but I am a Bills fan, not a Flutie fan.

mybills
12-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Gunz -

Jerseys aren't cheap, keep wearing it to get your moneys worth..can't blame ya there! :D

don137
12-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama

I hope you're kidding. I can't even fathom rooting against Buffalo cause of any player. Ludicrous.

My loyalties are 100% Buffalo. I do not like Doug Flutie as a player or a person. I created the poll because I remember all the people last year saying they are going to the Bills at Chargers game and were going to root for the Chargers and not the Bills even though they are a Bills fan because of Flutie. I was curious to see if people still felt that way...I remember when he played for Buffalo and sitting in the stands hearing people say how they hope Johnson does bad or gets hurt so Flutie could enter the game and cheering if/when Johnson got hurt or got sacked. It disgusted me.

DIHARD2
12-13-2002, 06:17 PM
don137, I understand you're reasoning. But those people who were hoping that RJ got hurt are not Bills fans, and chances are they were not NFL football fans either. They are also probably the ones who did buy tickets to see the two teams play this year, chances are they're mad because Flutie is sitting the bench and we don't need them anyways. Although if there was a chance that he was going to play it would've been a sellout.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

TigerJ
12-14-2002, 07:01 PM
That's an easy question for me. I never was a Flutie fan, but if Buffalo were playing Tampa Bay and RJ was starting I would root for Buffalo plain and simple. I would have no desire to see RJ do well.

WG
12-14-2002, 07:17 PM
If Flutie's the QB this weekend, then I'll be rooting doubly for our LBs and OL!

:D