PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Sports Mock Draft

BuffaloBlakely14
04-20-2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2005PreDraft.html

Check out their new mock as of a couple of minutes ago...

Very interesting and exciting...not sure that #25 is enough for Nate though...I would like something else as well..not sure what....but maybe a first and a third this year or next...they dont have a second so we cant work with that...maybe a player...

Dicknoze69
04-20-2005, 01:35 PM

Very interesting and exciting...not sure that #25 is enough for Nate though...I would like something else as well..not sure what....but maybe a first and a third this year or next...they dont have a second so we cant work with that...maybe a player...

I'd rather not have any of the Skins picks and keep Nate.

NJFINSFAN1
04-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Dolphins will not take Rodgers # 2.

I know you guys are Bills fans, but this will not happen.

It will be Smith, Edwards or a trade down.

HAMMER
04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Here's a novel concept. Why don't we keep one of the best players on the team that we have spent three years developing instead of shipping him out. The franchise tag is in place for players like Nate. If someone wants to give us two #1's next year then they can have him, otherwise we keep him at the top 5 average salary for CB's. We can afford to do that.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
I hope we deal Clements so bad, I want his overrated ass out of town and being able to get Matt Jones for him would be icing on the cake however I do not like the 2nd round trade.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Here's a novel concept. Why don't we keep one of the best players on the team that we have spent three years developing instead of shipping him out. The franchise tag is in place for players like Nate. If someone wants to give us two #1's next year then they can have him, otherwise we keep him at the top 5 average salary for CB's. We can afford to do that.

Being able to afford it and wanting to do it are two completely different situations.

mysticsoto
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM

I like most of the picks (of other teams also) but not Nugent at the top of the 2nd for us. There, I would have preferred Baas or Spencer. There is no way TD will take a K that high in the 2nd rd...

I also would have rather get Philly's #2 for TH straight up and not a swap. Seems like we could have swapped with Arizona and gotten a player out of it also...Yes, I know Philly's pick would be higher in the 2nd, but still. A swap of 2nd rounders might not get us as much. In fact, between Philly's pick #35, and Arizona's pick #44, there doesn't seem to be anyone who would be interested in Nugent anyway - so it almost seems like we wasted a swap up for nothing...I would say TD should work hard for a #2 straight up, or else do the swap with Arizona instead and add a possible starting LT for us. Now, if Philly gives us a 2nd round...we definitely take that for TH!!!
Then, in this draft, we could take Baas (C) at #35 and Ronald Bartell Jr (CB) or Brandon Browner (CB) at #44.

I would be very happy with this outcome!!!

McGee
04-20-2005, 02:00 PM
We could use an improvement at K, but trading up for one?! :wtf:

EDS
04-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I hope we deal Clements so bad, I want his overrated ass out of town and being able to get Matt Jones for him would be icing on the cake however I do not like the 2nd round trade.

Overrated? By who? If Nate is not one of the best corners in the league then who is?

McBFLO
04-20-2005, 02:18 PM
We will not draft Nugent until the 3rd round at the very earliest. There is no way, that if we complete that trade up to #35 that we take a kicker! I agree we could use an upgrade at that posistion, but a 2nd round pick is just ridiculous. Moorman was an undrafted FA and he's arguably the best punter in the NFL.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Taking an unknown commodity in the first round, a kicker in the second, and giving up one of the best CBs in the league seems to be sheer lunacy. So TD will probably do it, and it will work out beautifully.

Stewie
04-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Janikowski, a 1st round pick, was well worth it.

EDS
04-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Janikowski, a 1st round pick, was well worth it.

I would disagree with that. He is not nearly consistent enough.

NC-BILLS44
04-20-2005, 02:35 PM
No way all of that will happen. TH is definitely worth more than a swap from 55 to 35.

Dicknoze69
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Personally, I think the Raiders would have rather had a RB like Shaun Alexander or Keith Bulluck than SeaBass the last couple years.

The Quebecer
04-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Now that would be making a big splash on draft day! Typical TD!

Later,
Pat

Carlton Bailey
04-20-2005, 03:30 PM
This mock is horrendous. I want the Bills to take Matt Jones but only if he falls to us in round 2. No way would I gamble the 25th pick on him especially when players like Roth from Iowa and Marlin Jackson from Michigan are on the board. Secondly, why would TD move up 20 spots to select a kicker? Especially when David Baas is still on the board. This is one of the worst mocks I've ever seen. Lastly, Clements is worth far more than the 25th pick.

BuffaloRanger
04-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Was Clements a Pro-Bowler...Yes.

Only because of injury? Yes.

Is the Pro-Bowl a popularity contest? Sometimes.

Is Clements a big name? Not really.

There are better CBs (at least those with more trade value) in the AFC, let alone the NFL.

At least this mock doesn't have us picking a DT with our first pick.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
This mock is horrendous. I want the Bills to take Matt Jones but only if he falls to us in round 2. No way would I gamble the 25th pick on him especially when players like Roth from Iowa and Marlin Jackson from Michigan are on the board. Secondly, why would TD move up 20 spots to select a kicker? Especially when David Baas is still on the board. This is one of the worst mocks I've ever seen. Lastly, Clements is worth far more than the 25th pick.

Roth I wouldnt take a chance on and Jackson is as much a reach at 25 as Jones is imo.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Overrated? By who? If Nate is not one of the best corners in the league then who is?

I put him as the #6 CB in the league, Im willing to bet he puts himself in the top 3 and expects to be paid like one. The guy is an ego maniac and you need to look no further than his locker to see it. He is not as good a tackler as people claim him to be and he misses alot more than he hits when going for the ball. I would of rather kept Winfield anyday of the week.

BuffaloRanger
04-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Clements value has been established by the Buchanan trade. At least a 1st and a 3rd.

TH has to be at least a 2nd straight up. Or a flip of 2nd AND 3rd picks.

That gives TD some real options.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Clements value has been established by the Buchanan trade. At least a 1st and a 3rd.

TH has to be at least a 2nd straight up. Or a flip of 2nd AND 3rd picks.

That gives TD some real options.

I agree however for TH id accept Barber and a 4th next season

BuffaloRanger
04-20-2005, 04:50 PM
In a trade of NC do you see the Bills moving Vincent back to CB and picking a Safety on Day 1?

EDS
04-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I put him as the #6 CB in the league, Im willing to bet he puts himself in the top 3 and expects to be paid like one. The guy is an ego maniac and you need to look no further than his locker to see it. He is not as good a tackler as people claim him to be and he misses alot more than he hits when going for the ball. I would of rather kept Winfield anyday of the week.

If there is one position on the field where you want a guy with a big ego it is corner. They are like closers in baseball, every time you get burned you have to forget it, otherwise you get tentative and lose all effectiveness.

Naturally I would prefer it if Nate were a Troy Vincent like model citizen, but I will take Nate and his ego over alot of other corners and their various issues.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 05:32 PM
In a trade of NC do you see the Bills moving Vincent back to CB and picking a Safety on Day 1?

No still dont see it I still see us taking a safety in round 4 or 5 regardless of the NC deal going through or not. Id love to see us grab Junior Rosegreen out of Auburn.

Dominator77
04-20-2005, 06:13 PM
I personally would rather trade Nate now before he hits free agency and we get nothing for him. He is a good, not "great" corner like alot of you feel he is. I also don't like his attitude. I say trade him and I'm sure TD will do a great job filling the void. :pray:

B-DON
04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
how will we not get anything for him? thats what the franchise tag is for. and draft boy please name 3 cornerbacks as good as clements. not bailey, not mc calister definitely not woodson. imho opinion clements is slightly better than bailey and mccalister. he would of had the biggest play of the year if our **** bomb dline could of stopped a 3rd string qb

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
how will we not get anything for him? thats what the franchise tag is for. and draft boy please name 3 cornerbacks as good as clements. not bailey, not mc calister definitely not woodson. imho opinion clements is slightly better than bailey and mccalister. he would of had the biggest play of the year if our **** bomb dline could of stopped a 3rd string qb

Bailey
McCalister
Rolle
Law
Madison

All are better than Nate and your high if you dont think Bailey and McCalister are better, Woodson could be if he got his head out of his ass.

Carlton Bailey
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Bailey
McCalister
Rolle
Law
Madison

All are better than Nate and your high if you dont think Bailey and McCalister are better, Woodson could be if he got his head out of his ass.
Of those guys, only McAlister is better than Clements. Madison is aging, Law is past his prime although he's still very good, Rolle has never proven anything but for some reason everyone overrates him.

Novacane
04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Lastly, Clements is worth far more than the 25th pick.

No he's not!

Stewie
04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I would disagree with that. He is not nearly consistent enough.

The raiders disagree with you, the proof is his recent contract extension.

DraftBoy
04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Of those guys, only McAlister is better than Clements. Madison is aging, Law is past his prime although he's still very good, Rolle has never proven anything but for some reason everyone overrates him.

What has Clements ever proven aside from being a punt returner and gambler? The same thing Rolle has proven. And Rolle is a better tackler.

McD
04-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Check that site now. The have us trading TH AND our #55 to Philly for their #35, to select Nugent. That's WAY too much to give up. I'd give up TH for their #35 straight up though.

McD

Jan Reimers
04-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Check that site now. The have us trading TH AND our #55 to Philly for their #35, to select Nugent. That's WAY too much to give up. I'd give up TH for their #35 straight up though.

McD
Couldn't agree more. Why would we give up a 1300 yard running back to advance 20 spots in the 2nd round? TH for their 35th pick makes a lot more sense, but I'm not sure TD would even do that.