PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bills won't select Nugent...

BuffaloRanger
04-20-2005, 03:24 PM
One word. Lindell.

The Bills already have Lindell (and Owen Pochman) on the roster.

So follow me here. If TD selects Nugent in the 2nd or 3rd, he's going to make the team, unless he gets hurt. Would TD release Lindell the day after the draft?

If not, what happens in the mini-camps/training camp with Lindell? How tense would that be?

This isn't like drafting a QB or a RB because that rookie could be 2nd string. There are no 2nd string kickers. The Bills wouldn't put Nugent on the Practice Squad because some other team would grab him as soon as their kicker got hurt.

I'd like to see the Bills select Nugent if he was there in the 3rd, and if the Bills somehow got more draft picks, but I don't see it happening. Pochman was brought in to challenge Lindell at camp. That's the best that TD wants to do.

Carlton Bailey
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I agree with you. I wouldn't spend a 2nd on a kicker, maybe not even a 3rd. I think Owen Pochman has what it takes to succeed in the NFL. He's had some rough times in the past but he's also been pretty good in the past. Hopefully he beats out Lindell otherwise we are in trouble.

Michael82
04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Did you see TD's comments in the Text message chat yesterday about taking Nugent?

Paddy6: You looking at kickers in the draft?
TD: We will look at any player that we think can make our team better.

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Did you see TD's comments in the Text message chat yesterday about taking Nugent?

Paddy6: You looking at kickers in the draft?
TD: We will look at any player that we think can make our team better.
That means nothing. No one is talking and giving anything away.

LtFinFan66
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
As much as I hope you guys don't draft Nugent, you should. The kid is $$$$. I am a Buckeye fan and he has won us some big games with that right leg!!

Albany,n.y.
04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Lindell gets cut 6/1 and is told not to attend mimi camp-problem solved.

BuffaloRanger
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey Albany what do you think about Geir Gundmendson in the late rds? Undrafted FA?

jamze132
04-20-2005, 05:01 PM
One word. Lindell.

The Bills already have Lindell (and Owen Pochman) on the roster.

This is exactly why we should draft Nugent! Put Lindel's sorry ass on the practice squad and let another team "have" him!

BuffaloRanger
04-20-2005, 05:08 PM
They can't. They'd have to cut him. It would be a tense camp if they didn't.

Albany,n.y.
04-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey Albany what do you think about Geir Gundmendson in the late rds? Undrafted FA?

I think he'll be undrafted but will end up with either the Bills or Giants, gets cut & signed to the practice squad. If we don't get any tackles early, we could take him in the 7th.
McNally came to Albany & worked out Gudmundsen & later had dinner with him, so we're definitely interested

Tatonka
04-20-2005, 10:32 PM
we wont draft nugent because some ****ing idiot team will spend a first day pick on him while the rest of the league laughs when he becomes a decent kicker.. but not nearly as good as all the top kickers in the league, that coincidentally are all undrafted FAs.

you dont draft kickers on day one..

unless your a ****ing idiot that is.

generalmills
04-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Nugent can kick the ball out the back of the endzone everytime the ball is kicked off. That's already better than what we've got! Lindell did not really have a chance to prove himself with a game winning kick but he looks sketchy at best and I personally have no faith in him.

gr8slayer
04-21-2005, 12:13 AM
"Why the Bills wont select Nugent?" Because we dont need a damn kicker we need some OL to protect our rookie QB's backside.