PDA

View Full Version : Clements trade then Phins trade

BADTHINGSMAN
04-20-2005, 10:22 PM
I read somewhere that the Phins are trying to trade out of the #2 spot to get extra picks.. This got me thinking, with all the talk about Clements to Skins for the Skins #9 pick, could it be possible that then Bills trade the #9 and a 2nd for the #2 overall pick?? Could also be why TD is holding out hoping for a 2nd round choice for Henry..

Makes scence, but Id still like Buffalo to keep Clements if possible..

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Hell no. Why would we want the #2 overall pick anyway, much less get it after losing TH, NC, and a 2nd rounder?

chubluv
04-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Hell no. Why would we want the #2 overall pick anyway, much less get it after losing TH, NC, and a 2nd rounder?

Yeah, who would you want the Bills to take at #2 ?

Slim
04-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah, who would you want the Bills to take at #2 ?

Antrel Rolle, that guy is freaking amazing. A CB out of MIA

Marvelous
04-20-2005, 11:12 PM
But how is that worth all the trading when we have Clements who has proven himself. Any rookie could bust. I say we keep Nate and build around him & Spikes on D.
-We lose Nate we will struggle and that will put more pressure on our unproven QB to produce. <<bad things man... I all

Slim
04-20-2005, 11:17 PM
But how is that worth all the trading when we have Clements who has proven himself. Any rookie could bust. I say we keep Nate and build around him & Spikes on D.
-We lose Nate we will struggle and that will put more pressure on our unproven QB to produce. <<bad things man... I all

does any of my previous statement say i wanted to trade Clements....no..i would rather not do it BUT, if that situation ever did come up. Role would be awesome to have, ESPCAILLY when were probly not going to have enough money to even re-sign Clements next year......

camelcowboy
04-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Bills could stay at nine and find a good corner, ex. Adam Jones, Carlos Rogers, or they can trade down and find corners in bottom of round 1, Merlin Jackson.

Thats why the jets and broncos didn't think twice about moving out of the first round. They can fill there need for corners in round two with this very deep corner draft.

Thats why i wouldn't give up TH, 9 and a second for Miami's 2. We wouldn't trade with them anyways.

If we did, it should be henry straight up for surtain, then trade NC. But I hate that team and want nothing to do with them.

djfresh47
04-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Any team that trades the 9th overall pick for Clements is crazy. I think Clements will get franchised next year and traded probably for a 2nd rd pick, Donahoe does not like to give out big contracts, but whose to say he's the gm in '06?

djfresh47
04-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Bills could stay at nine and find a good corner, ex. Adam Jones, Carlos Rogers, or they can trade down and find corners in bottom of round 1, Merlin Jackson.

Thats why the jets and broncos didn't think twice about moving out of the first round. They can fill there need for corners in round two with this very deep corner draft.

Thats why i wouldn't give up TH, 9 and a second for Miami's 2. We wouldn't trade with them anyways.

If we did, it should be henry straight up for surtain, then trade NC. But I hate that team and want nothing to do with them.
Teams rarely trade inside the division, Marshall Faulk when he was w/Indy and they were in the East was traded to St Louis for a 2nd and 5th, rather than to Miami for a 1st and 3rd.

McD
04-21-2005, 06:28 AM
No sir, I don't like it.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 08:31 AM
I read somewhere that the Phins are trying to trade out of the #2 spot to get extra picks.. This got me thinking, with all the talk about Clements to Skins for the Skins #9 pick, could it be possible that then Bills trade the #9 and a 2nd for the #2 overall pick?? Could also be why TD is holding out hoping for a 2nd round choice for Henry..

Makes scence, but Id still like Buffalo to keep Clements if possible..
That's a terrible idea!!! Getting into the #2 pick means we have to pay someone top dollar - hello? Remember Mike Williams? The only way I'd want to get in the 1st round is to get past Pittsburgh or Philly (mid-late 20s) to be able to pick Matt Jones before they do. Otherwise, I'd much rather have 2 1st rounders (a top 2nd for TH) in which we might get Baas.

ddaryl
04-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Any team that trades the 9th overall pick for Clements is crazy. I think Clements will get franchised next year and traded probably for a 2nd rd pick, Donahoe does not like to give out big contracts, but whose to say he's the gm in '06?
personally I think you're nuts.

a 2nd for one of the best corners in the league ???

IMO it would cost more then just the #9 pick overall to get Clements from us. At least a #1 and a #2 pick.

OpIv37
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
personally I think you're nuts.

a 2nd for one of the best corners in the league ???

IMO it would cost more then just the #9 pick overall to get Clements from us. At least a #1 and a #2 pick.

A #1 and #2 might be too much, but Clements is defintely worth a high first round choice. It's a tough call cuz the guy's great and I love having him on our team, but if we're going to lose him next year anyway because of the cap, I'd rather get something for him now than nothing for him later.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 10:27 AM
A #1 and #2 might be too much, but Clements is defintely worth a high first round choice. It's a tough call cuz the guy's great and I love having him on our team, but if we're going to lose him next year anyway because of the cap, I'd rather get something for him now than nothing for him later.
I think it is interesting that Washington went ahead and got 2 1st rd picks...Could it be that part of the deal was to get a late 1st rounder plus a 3rd or something else in exchange for NC? That would slide TD in to be able to take Matt Jones who Mularkey apparently likes - it's his style of player! With Travis possibly getting us a 2nd rounder from Philly, Tampa or swap of 2nd with Arizona...this draft is looking up for us.

Of course, losing NC would probably mean Troy Vincent coming back down to CB until we can develop a new drafted corner (Corey Webster, Ronald Bartell jr or Brandon Browner most likely) - unless they adapt quickly and can start immediately...

This would be sweet to me:

1st rd pick: #25 Matt Jones (WR)
2nd high pick from trading TH: #35/36 Corey Webster (CB) (Any of the 3 above would be fine though)
2nd rd pick: #55 Chris Spencer (C)

If this happens, I will personally have to write TD a letter of congratulations for an awesome draft!

OpIv37
04-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Is Matt Jones capable of replacing Moulds? the guy's getting old and his new contract has a huge cap hit in the near future. If not, I don't want him.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Is Matt Jones capable of replacing Moulds? the guy's getting old and his new contract has a huge cap hit in the near future. If not, I don't want him.
In the long run maybe...he has all the physical tools - but not in the short run. B'cse he played mostly QB in college, he doesn't have too much experience as a WR, running routes, blocking, etc. And yet, he worked hard to look good in the combine, showed soft hands, etc...so he's clearly capable. At 6'6" he's like having a 25-lb lighter Mark Campbell out there but with Evan's speed!

ddaryl
04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
next years cap is going to have a significant increase due to the new NFL TV deal. Also by my calculation the Bills will be in much better cap shape next season even without the new TV deal. We should have no problem affording NC if we choose to.

NC is a franchisable player, and it costs 2 1st rd picks to sign a franchise player. Therefore IMO a #1 and a #2 is fair compensation this year. I feel this way because I beleive the Bills would rather have NC on the team this year and try to develope a CB behind him. If a team really wants NC then let it be a very sweet deal or no deal.

If the Bills keep NC we can franchise him next year and have no problems affording his salary, or we trade him for a pick next year. No matter how we slice it the Bills will not lose NC for nothing.

ddaryl
04-21-2005, 11:47 AM
There are a few other WR's that should be drafted before Jones. A team who drafts Jones will have to invest 2 - 3 years in his development. Jones would not be a viable replacement for Moulds next season IMO

jdbillsfan
04-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Maybe we can trade TH for the 25th pick, if the skins make the trade with the Dolphins.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Maybe we can trade TH for the 25th pick, if the skins make the trade with the Dolphins.
A 1st rd pick for TH? I think only Edgerrin James or Shaun Alexander might command that high a pick right now...but a top 2nd pick is nothing to look down on. #35/36 from Philly or TB would be just fine with me.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
#2- Take Braylon Edwards. A trio of Moulds, Evans, and Edwards would strike fear into some hearts.