PDA

View Full Version : JP Unfairly Labeled a "Dud"

AssphawN
04-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi y'all. This is my first post, although I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I got angry after reading an article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch at the link provided below. Just thought I'd share my response that I emailed to the sports columnist who unfairly portrays JP as a dud.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/174253C85F27E36086256FE9001A6CE1?OpenDocument

Here's some of what he had to say:

1. "Most NFL wise guys think there's a better chance that San Francisco is about to select the next Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman with that top pick than the next future Hall of Famer."

2. "Let's take a look back at some of those guys who have been picked in the first two rounds over the past 10 years. Here are some of the "gems," in no particular order: Ryan Leaf (first round), Todd Collins (second round), Jim Druckenmiller (first), Cade McNown (first), Akili Smith (first) and Quincy Carter (second). How about Tony Banks, Charlie Batch, Shawn King and Marques Tuiasasopo (all second-rounders), and Patrick Ramsey, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Boller and Losman (all first-round selections)"

My response:

I am really confused about why you decided to bring up JP Losman's name in your article. At this point he hasn't even been given the opportunity to start, yet you have already labeled the kid as a dud and you name-drop him with the likes of Kyle Boller (who has had several years to prove himeself as a starting QB). I don't think that's fair, especially since you failed to add unprovens such as Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning to your so-called list of duds. Perhaps you should use better judgement in the future. Thanks.

SABURZFAN
04-21-2005, 01:51 AM
welcome to The Zone.

Rip13
04-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Guess we'll find out this year. Just like a roll of the die! Come on 7!

SABURZFAN
04-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Guess we'll find out this year. Just like a roll of the die! Come on 7!

it's been "7 OUT" for our QB situation since kelly left.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Welcome to the Zone! I'm glad that you took the time to write to the guy and set him straight.

We don't know what JP will do, but it is unfair to lump him in with all of those guys that he mentioned before he has even had a chance to play in more than a mop-up role in a NFL game. The fact that he would do that tells you just how insightful this columnist is and how much stock anyone should put in his opinions and reportage.

elltrain22
04-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the zone, and love your signigature. Optimus Prime decked out in bills stuff; great stuff... How in the hell can people call Losman a bust when he hasn't played yet. Just think if Tommy Maddox didn't get hurt last year, and Big Ben didn't play, they probably would've called him a bust as well. Some writers write just to write, and speak nothing resembling intelligence.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2005, 06:27 AM
I pay little attention to the sports or news media. Most are purposely inflammatory, ill-informed, ignorant of the facts, or just plain stupid. The guy who cavalierly threw J.P. in with a bunch of failures probably fits more than one of these categories.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
What do you expect, it's St. Louis.

OpIv37
04-21-2005, 08:05 AM
this guy is such a jackass that I can't even form a coherent response. I hope JP saw that article as motivation.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Hi y'all. This is my first post, although I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I got angry after reading an article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch at the link provided below. Just thought I'd share my response that I emailed to the sports columnist who unfairly portrays JP as a dud.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/174253C85F27E36086256FE9001A6CE1?OpenDocument

1. "Most NFL wise guys think there's a better chance that San Francisco is about to select the next Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman with that top pick than the next future Hall of Famer."

2. "Let's take a look back at some of those guys who have been picked in the first two rounds over the past 10 years. Here are some of the "gems," in no particular order: Ryan Leaf (first round), Todd Collins (second round), Jim Druckenmiller (first), Cade McNown (first), Akili Smith (first) and Quincy Carter (second). How about Tony Banks, Charlie Batch, Shawn King and Marques Tuiasasopo (all second-rounders), and Patrick Ramsey, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Boller and Losman (all first-round selections)"

My response:

I am really confused about why you decided to bring up JP Losman's name in your article. At this point he hasn't even been given the opportunity to start, yet you have already labeled the kid as a dud and you name-drop him with the likes of Kyle Boller (who has had several years to prove himeself as a starting QB). I don't think that's fair, especially since you failed to add unprovens such as Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning to your so-called list of duds. Perhaps you should use better judgement in the future. Thanks.

Great work!!!

Also I love that Optimus prime!!!!

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Great first post! Welcome to the zone.

I can't wait til the Rams move back to LA.

bills_phan
04-21-2005, 08:33 AM
I just sent the assclown a nice little email. What a jerk!

gr8slayer
04-21-2005, 09:16 AM
You cant expect the rest of the NFL to just respect him because he is JP Losman. He has to earn the respect.

BuffaloBlakely14
04-21-2005, 09:21 AM
You cant expect the rest of the NFL to just respect him because he is JP Losman. He has to earn the respect.

Agreed, I dont think that anyone is saying that he should get all this respect and be labeled great. I think that the point is he hasnt even stepped on the field and this guy is labeling him a dud, a bust and not good. I guess he is basing this on the fact that he hasnt played yet, by his second year??? Are you kidding me, why isnt Phillip Rivers on that list by the same logic, why isnt Eli on the list for his atroicous performance. Carson Palmer didnt step on the field until his second year. This writer is an ass clown.

OpIv37
04-21-2005, 09:26 AM

Agreed, I dont think that anyone is saying that he should get all this respect and be labeled great. I think that the point is he hasnt even stepped on the field and this guy is labeling him a dud, a bust and not good. I guess he is basing this on the fact that he hasnt played yet, by his second year??? Are you kidding me, why isnt Phillip Rivers on that list by the same logic, why isnt Eli on the list for his atroicous performance. Carson Palmer didnt step on the field until his second year. This writer is an ass clown.

Exactly- it's no surprise that other teams don't respect him yet. He needs to earn it. But to call a guy a dud after 1 season in which he only got the opportunity to play mop-up duty is completely unfair. At the beginning of the season he was injured. At the end of the season, Bledsoe had us on a 7 game win streak and no coach is willing to mess with that. There is just absolutely no logic behind comparing Losman with the other players on that list yet- he hasn't even had his chance.

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but that writer is an ass clown.

Italian Stallion
04-21-2005, 09:27 AM
heres the email I sent this ass clown....

Why in the hell did you group JP Losman with recent first round busts in your awful article? He hasn't started a game in his career due to injury and Bledsoe, and your already comparing him with Boller, who has started almost 3 years worth of games???? I like how you just said it so casually like it's common knowledge to all that a 2nd year QB, that hasn't gotten the chance to prove anything yet, is a first round bust. You must just be sore over the Bills jumping in front of your beloved Rams to draft him last year...Try getting the facts right buddy, and good luck covering that .500 Rams team, in the worst division in football.

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Make sure you guys let us know if the ass clown resonds. :up:

BuffaloBlakely14
04-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Here is my email

Sir,

Are you kidding me? You are labeling JP Losman a bust? Have you ever
watched one snap this kid took? Do you know anything about the
Buffalo Bills? Do you realize how uneducated this statement that you
made was? He has yet to play for the Bills, and will in fact take the
field as the Bills starter this year. He has been working all
offseason with Sam Wyche, one of the greatest QB developers of all
time. I mean this is ridiculous and shows your ignorance in covering
the NFL. JP Losman may very well one day be labeled a bust, but he
has yet to take a shot at even being judged. Not playing in your
rookie season, which by the way since you seem to know nothing about
football, was hindered by a broken leg for him, is not uncommon. He
is now starting in his second year. Very normal timeline for a rookie
QB. Please show some better judgement, and knowledge of the NFL in
your future columns. I find it hard to believe that someone like
yourself is actually writing for a real newspaper.

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Here's what I sent him:

ass clown
I'll let you guys know if I hear back from him. :up:

Thailog80
04-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Nice avatar...wtf? Nice moderating.

Sportsuser101
04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Especially since there own coach wanted Losman badly last year.

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Especially since there own coach wanted Losman badly last year.
:limp:

djjimkelly
04-21-2005, 10:21 AM
i also just sent him an email it goes as follows:

well my man i didnt realize u have a crystal ball! and after making comments like this one. "Most NFL wise guys think there's a better chance that San Francisco is about to select the next Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman with that top pick than the next future Hall of Famer". LOL so u have seen JP losman play a 16 game schedule in the NFL? and u already know how hes gonna turn out. hell how is phillip rivers gonna turn out as a QB.

AND CAN U SEND ME SOME POWERBALL NUMBERS TOO. or even better why dont u tell me whos gonna win every baseball game today so i can make a 15 game parlay.

since u already know how JP LOSMAN is gonna turn out i'd figure u should become the next MISS CLEO!

djjimkelly
04-21-2005, 10:34 AM
lol im so mad about this article im gonna phone the fool and give an updated

djjimkelly
04-21-2005, 10:41 AM
well u only get his answering machine and i sounded off read his JP quote to him and basically said u dont have to be in FINANCE like myself to understand his writing isnt worth a piece of HORSE %#@!

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
:chuckle:

Bulldog
04-21-2005, 11:08 AM
well u only get his answering machine and i sounded off read his JP quote to him and basically said u dont have to be in FINANCE like myself to understand his writing isnt worth a piece of HORSE %#@!

I just talked to him live and told him to go "F" his mother!

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I just talked to him live and told him to go "F" his mother!
LOL! Maybe we'll see an apology in his next column or whatever.

Jeff1220
04-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Weren't these guys hoping the Rams would draft JP last year?

BAM
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the Zone but WTF is up with your avatar, dude.

AssphawN
04-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Sorry... is this a better avatar??

TedMock
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM

You don't have to be in finance to understand writing? I love it! It makes zero sense, yet it's absolutely hysterical! I'm in finance too. It's like that ESPN commercial.... "4th down and inches, and I'm swinging for the fences."

Italian Stallion
04-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Some people are getting email responses from him at BB.com...head over there to see what he replied with

Rip13
04-21-2005, 01:13 PM
he probably just writes stuff like that so people will sound off on him and he can prove someone read his junk.

Italian Stallion
04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
he probably just writes stuff like that so people will sound off on him and he can prove someone read his junk.

I was thinking the exact same thing....As long as your recieving the attention, it dosn't matter why right? :nuk:

ParanoidAndroid
04-21-2005, 01:27 PM
You guys let him piss you off. You shouldn't have given it a bit of thought. I mean, who cares about his silly little article? I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Italian Stallion
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
The point is....he sucks at doing his job, and he needs to be notified about it....several nasty times :D

Bulldog
04-21-2005, 01:32 PM
You guys let him piss you off. You shouldn't have given it a bit of thought. Who cares about his silly little article. I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

I didn't really call him. I just thought it would be funny to call him and tell him to go "F" his mother. Instead I sent him the following e-mail :

F U

:dance:

camelcowboy
04-21-2005, 01:34 PM
heres the email I sent this ass clown....

Why in the hell did you group JP Losman with recent first round busts in your awful article? He hasn't started a game in his career due to injury and Bledsoe, and your already comparing him with Boller, who has started almost 3 years worth of games???? I like how you just said it so casually like it's common knowledge to all that a 2nd year QB, that hasn't gotten the chance to prove anything yet, is a first round bust. You must just be sore over the Bills jumping in front of your beloved Rams to draft him last year...Try getting the facts right buddy, and good luck covering that .500 Rams team, in the worst division in football.
Thats great, This guy is a joke. I guess they let just about anybody write a article in a newspaper now a days. He's just pissed that we leaped frogged st louis for JP. I would of loved to see the look on Grama Martz when that happened.

Italian Stallion
04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I just got an email response from him....

they're not my beloved rams. I'm a columnist, not a fan. secondly, i don't believe he's a bust. But I also don't believe he's the next peyton manning either.

this guy sucks

Sportsuser101
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
This is his response from my email..

the buffalo bills support group is a powerful thing wow. Lighten up francis. No one said he was a bust. But I don't put him in the peyton manning or donovan mcabb category either

Clearly he didn't use a spell checker and decided not to capitalize proper names.

TigerJ
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
It is one thing to make a prediction of whether someone will succeed or fail. People do that all the time. It's an opinion and people are entitled. It's quite another to assume something is a fact before the fact. I too hope JP makes this dud eat his words.

BuffaloRanger
04-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Here is my email

Sir,

Are you kidding me? You are labeling JP Losman a bust? Have you ever
watched one snap this kid took? Do you know anything about the
Buffalo Bills? Do you realize how uneducated this statement that you
made was? He has yet to play for the Bills, and will in fact take the
field as the Bills starter this year. He has been working all
offseason with Sam Wyche, one of the greatest QB developers of all
time. I mean this is ridiculous and shows your ignorance in covering
the NFL. JP Losman may very well one day be labeled a bust, but he
has yet to take a shot at even being judged. Not playing in your
rookie season, which by the way since you seem to know nothing about
football, was hindered by a broken leg for him, is not uncommon. He
is now starting in his second year. Very normal timeline for a rookie
QB. Please show some better judgement, and knowledge of the NFL in
your future columns. I find it hard to believe that someone like
yourself is actually writing for a real newspaper.

Careful, now. JP did play in 3 games. Granted, didn't do much except handoff, fumble and throw a pick. That guy could bust you out on that.

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM

My response:

I am really confused about why you decided to bring up JP Losman's name in your article. At this point he hasn't even been given the opportunity to start, yet you have already labeled the kid as a dud and you name-drop him with the likes of Kyle Boller (who has had several years to prove himeself as a starting QB). I don't think that's fair, especially since you failed to add unprovens such as Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning to your so-called list of duds. Perhaps you should use better judgement in the future. Thanks.That's totally stupid on that writers part. A bust because he broke his leg?? Give me a freakin' break!!

AssphawN
04-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Should I email him this recent picture of him posing with JP?