X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AssphawN
    • Apr 2004

JP Unfairly Labeled a "Dud"

Hi y'all. This is my first post, although I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I got angry after reading an article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch at the link provided below. Just thought I'd share my response that I emailed to the sports columnist who unfairly portrays JP as a dud.

Here's some of what he had to say:

1. "Most NFL wise guys think there's a better chance that San Francisco is about to select the next Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman with that top pick than the next future Hall of Famer."

2. "Let's take a look back at some of those guys who have been picked in the first two rounds over the past 10 years. Here are some of the "gems," in no particular order: Ryan Leaf (first round), Todd Collins (second round), Jim Druckenmiller (first), Cade McNown (first), Akili Smith (first) and Quincy Carter (second). How about Tony Banks, Charlie Batch, Shawn King and Marques Tuiasasopo (all second-rounders), and Patrick Ramsey, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Boller and Losman (all first-round selections)"

My response:

I am really confused about why you decided to bring up JP Losman's name in your article. At this point he hasn't even been given the opportunity to start, yet you have already labeled the kid as a dud and you name-drop him with the likes of Kyle Boller (who has had several years to prove himeself as a starting QB). I don't think that's fair, especially since you failed to add unprovens such as Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning to your so-called list of duds. Perhaps you should use better judgement in the future. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AssphawN; 04-21-2005, 01:32 AM.
    "What doesn't kill you will make you wish you were dead" AssphawN
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

welcome to The Zone.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Rip13
      • Nov 2003

Guess we'll find out this year. Just like a roll of the die! Come on 7!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rip13
        Guess we'll find out this year. Just like a roll of the die! Come on 7!

it's been "7 OUT" for our QB situation since kelly left.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

Welcome to the Zone! I'm glad that you took the time to write to the guy and set him straight.

We don't know what JP will do, but it is unfair to lump him in with all of those guys that he mentioned before he has even had a chance to play in more than a mop-up role in a NFL game. The fact that he would do that tells you just how insightful this columnist is and how much stock anyone should put in his opinions and reportage.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

Welcome to the zone, and love your signigature. Optimus Prime decked out in bills stuff; great stuff... How in the hell can people call Losman a bust when he hasn't played yet. Just think if Tommy Maddox didn't get hurt last year, and Big Ben didn't play, they probably would've called him a bust as well. Some writers write just to write, and speak nothing resembling intelligence.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I pay little attention to the sports or news media. Most are purposely inflammatory, ill-informed, ignorant of the facts, or just plain stupid. The guy who cavalierly threw J.P. in with a bunch of failures probably fits more than one of these categories.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

What do you expect, it's St. Louis.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

this guy is such a jackass that I can't even form a coherent response. I hope JP saw that article as motivation.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AssphawN
                    Hi y'all. This is my first post, although I've been reading this forum for quite some time. I got angry after reading an article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch at the link provided below. Just thought I'd share my response that I emailed to the sports columnist who unfairly portrays JP as a dud.

Here's some of what he had to say:

1. "Most NFL wise guys think there's a better chance that San Francisco is about to select the next Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman with that top pick than the next future Hall of Famer."

2. "Let's take a look back at some of those guys who have been picked in the first two rounds over the past 10 years. Here are some of the "gems," in no particular order: Ryan Leaf (first round), Todd Collins (second round), Jim Druckenmiller (first), Cade McNown (first), Akili Smith (first) and Quincy Carter (second). How about Tony Banks, Charlie Batch, Shawn King and Marques Tuiasasopo (all second-rounders), and Patrick Ramsey, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, Boller and Losman (all first-round selections)"

My response:

I am really confused about why you decided to bring up JP Losman's name in your article. At this point he hasn't even been given the opportunity to start, yet you have already labeled the kid as a dud and you name-drop him with the likes of Kyle Boller (who has had several years to prove himeself as a starting QB). I don't think that's fair, especially since you failed to add unprovens such as Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning to your so-called list of duds. Perhaps you should use better judgement in the future. Thanks.
                    Great work!!!

Also I love that Optimus prime!!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Great first post! Welcome to the zone.

I can't wait til the Rams move back to LA.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• bills_phan
                        • Jul 2002

I just sent the assclown a nice little email. What a jerk!
                        GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

You cant expect the rest of the NFL to just respect him because he is JP Losman. He has to earn the respect.

Comment

• BuffaloBlakely14
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            You cant expect the rest of the NFL to just respect him because he is JP Losman. He has to earn the respect.
                            Agreed, I dont think that anyone is saying that he should get all this respect and be labeled great. I think that the point is he hasnt even stepped on the field and this guy is labeling him a dud, a bust and not good. I guess he is basing this on the fact that he hasnt played yet, by his second year??? Are you kidding me, why isnt Phillip Rivers on that list by the same logic, why isnt Eli on the list for his atroicous performance. Carson Palmer didnt step on the field until his second year. This writer is an ass clown.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
                              Agreed, I dont think that anyone is saying that he should get all this respect and be labeled great. I think that the point is he hasnt even stepped on the field and this guy is labeling him a dud, a bust and not good. I guess he is basing this on the fact that he hasnt played yet, by his second year??? Are you kidding me, why isnt Phillip Rivers on that list by the same logic, why isnt Eli on the list for his atroicous performance. Carson Palmer didnt step on the field until his second year. This writer is an ass clown.
                              Exactly- it's no surprise that other teams don't respect him yet. He needs to earn it. But to call a guy a dud after 1 season in which he only got the opportunity to play mop-up duty is completely unfair. At the beginning of the season he was injured. At the end of the season, Bledsoe had us on a 7 game win streak and no coach is willing to mess with that. There is just absolutely no logic behind comparing Losman with the other players on that list yet- he hasn't even had his chance.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X