PDA

View Full Version : Washington Trying To Trade Up To Get B. Edwards

LifetimeBillsFan
04-21-2005, 03:31 AM
J.Glazer is reporting that Washington has contacted four teams, including the 49ers, in an effort to trade up to get Braylon Edwards, WR of Michigan, in the draft.

URL: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3556808

With two picks in the first round, the 'Skins have the wherewithal to make such a trade, but, if this is indeed true, the price for Edwards would be very steep since they already traded their first rounder in 2006 to get the second pick that they have in this year's first round.

This year's draft is shaping up to be quite a "swap-meet"--which might increase TD's chances of making a deal for the Bills.

YardRat
04-21-2005, 05:54 AM
So much for the Clements deal.

McD
04-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Wash will do something drastic and it will blow up in their face. I'd like to see the Bills make a trade...just not with Clements. Trading TH to the draft rich Eagles looks like a good option to me.

McD

The King
04-21-2005, 07:18 AM
Total Access had an interesting take on the skins trade. They feel they acquired the additional pick to trade with another team for a player. Pat Kirwan was the anaylst on and he feels like Team A said you want _____ we want this. And they went out and got their end of the bargain we will see how it all works out in a little more than 48hours.

Novacane
04-21-2005, 07:22 AM
. Pat Kirwan was the anaylst on and he feels like Team A said you want _____ we want this. .

Translation.......Bills said you want Nate Clements and we want to get ahead of Pittsburg in round 1 to select Matt Jones

The King
04-21-2005, 07:24 AM
sure!

clumping platelets
04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm not willing to trade Nate Clements for a chance at Matt Jones

Novacane
04-21-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm not willing to trade Nate Clements for a chance at Matt Jones

Either would I. I would not minding trading clements for #25 though

carybillsfan
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Either would I. I would not minding trading clements for #25 though

I would!! We have a premier corner, which demands top dollar in todays NFL, if we trade him we need to get Rolle or Pac-Man to fill in. Personally I prefer Rolle. TD should take nothing less than the #9 but only if the top 2 corners are still on the board.

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 08:44 AM
You guys are crazy for wanting to trade Nate for an unproven draft pick.

jdbillsfan
04-21-2005, 09:05 AM
It seems like the team that Washington is possibly talking to about a trade, would have taken what washington gave up for the 25th pick, over the 25th pick itself.

The #9 pick, 2nd round pick, 1st round pick (possibly a high pick in a better draft) and a 4th round pick sounds better than the #9 pick and #25 pick

gr8slayer
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
There is no way we are getting a first round pick so lets just get it out of our heads.

TD was not at all active in FA this off season and it is probably because he is looking to resign Clements to a long term deal this coming off season.

HAMMER
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
You guys are crazy for wanting to trade Nate for an unproven draft pick.

The poster with the funniest name is also smart! What the hell do we want to give up a premiere DB-KR for an unproven rookie for. We can franchise him next year unless he agrees before then. Some players need to be paid what they are worth (NC), some get paid what they are not worth (JJ).

This is not a farm club where we develop players and then dump them when they hit their stride. Trading Clements for less than a first and second would be dumb.