• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Washington Trying To Trade Up To Get B. Edwards

J.Glazer is reporting that Washington has contacted four teams, including the 49ers, in an effort to trade up to get Braylon Edwards, WR of Michigan, in the draft.

URL: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3556808

With two picks in the first round, the 'Skins have the wherewithal to make such a trade, but, if this is indeed true, the price for Edwards would be very steep since they already traded their first rounder in 2006 to get the second pick that they have in this year's first round.

This year's draft is shaping up to be quite a "swap-meet"--which might increase TD's chances of making a deal for the Bills.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

So much for the Clements deal.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• McD
      • Jan 2003

Wash will do something drastic and it will blow up in their face. I'd like to see the Bills make a trade...just not with Clements. Trading TH to the draft rich Eagles looks like a good option to me.

McD
      22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Total Access had an interesting take on the skins trade. They feel they acquired the additional pick to trade with another team for a player. Pat Kirwan was the anaylst on and he feels like Team A said you want _____ we want this. And they went out and got their end of the bargain we will see how it all works out in a little more than 48hours.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• regor
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          . Pat Kirwan was the anaylst on and he feels like Team A said you want _____ we want this. .

Translation.......Bills said you want Nate Clements and we want to get ahead of Pittsburg in round 1 to select Matt Jones

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

sure!
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'm not willing to trade Nate Clements for a chance at Matt Jones

Comment

• regor
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                I'm not willing to trade Nate Clements for a chance at Matt Jones

Either would I. I would not minding trading clements for #25 though

Comment

• carybillsfan
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by regor
                  Either would I. I would not minding trading clements for #25 though
                  I would!! We have a premier corner, which demands top dollar in todays NFL, if we trade him we need to get Rolle or Pac-Man to fill in. Personally I prefer Rolle. TD should take nothing less than the #9 but only if the top 2 corners are still on the board.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                    • Jul 2002

You guys are crazy for wanting to trade Nate for an unproven draft pick.

God give me style and give me grace
                    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                      • Oct 2002

It seems like the team that Washington is possibly talking to about a trade, would have taken what washington gave up for the 25th pick, over the 25th pick itself.

The #9 pick, 2nd round pick, 1st round pick (possibly a high pick in a better draft) and a 4th round pick sounds better than the #9 pick and #25 pick

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

There is no way we are getting a first round pick so lets just get it out of our heads.

TD was not at all active in FA this off season and it is probably because he is looking to resign Clements to a long term deal this coming off season.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                          You guys are crazy for wanting to trade Nate for an unproven draft pick.
                          The poster with the funniest name is also smart! What the hell do we want to give up a premiere DB-KR for an unproven rookie for. We can franchise him next year unless he agrees before then. Some players need to be paid what they are worth (NC), some get paid what they are not worth (JJ).

This is not a farm club where we develop players and then dump them when they hit their stride. Trading Clements for less than a first and second would be dumb.

Comment

Working...
                          X