PDA

View Full Version : Radio Stations Talking Bills here!!!!!

tampabay25690
04-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Well listening to the radio this morning here in Tampa the talk was how to get Travis in a Bucs uniform. SOMETHING I didnt like hearing was the Bucs were tring to package Chris Simms to the Bills also, WHY would the Bills want Chris SImms......There was also something about Ronde Barber in a deal or Kenyatta Walker......BUT they really want Travis before the draft.....

carybillsfan
04-21-2005, 08:26 AM
I would take Barber or Walker for Travis straight up. But Simms sucks, no way TD brings him in here.

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Walker stinks.

tampabay25690
04-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Walker stinks.

Hes better then what we have now!!!

don137
04-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Walker is a bust...The Bills are set at QB with Matthews-Holcomb-Losman. Barber is the only attractive candidate.

Stewie
04-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I don't want barber. We don't play a cover-2 here, and he's a cover-2 corner all the way. Plus, isn't he approaching 30?

don137
04-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Hes better then what we have now!!!

I disagree. He takes bad penalties and looks downright awful at times. I take Teague at LT before Walker.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Did they mention anything about trading their 2nd round pick for TH?

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't want barber. We don't play a cover-2 here, and he's a cover-2 corner all the way. Plus, isn't he approaching 30?

Agreed and he is already 30

justasportsfan
04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
If Henry was supposedly happy, it could be that he's headed to Tampa. He'll still be slightly local since he lives in So/ Fla.

tampabay25690
04-21-2005, 08:42 AM
Did they mention anything about trading their 2nd round pick for TH?

Yea I actually called the station about this, and I said where did they here about Simms coming here and they said that has been the buzz around 1 BUC PLACE this week........

I said I would trade Travis straight up for the Bucs 40 something pick in the 2nd round and call it the day....They really did say anything real good either about JP, they were talking with our O line his value will be going down...

I told them I cant wait for the opener when the Bills come here to town!!!!!

When I was driving I was pissed hearing what they were saying so Ic ame home right away and called, then I posted for you guys!!!!!!!

mayotm
04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Yea I actually called the station about this, and I said where did they here about Simms coming here and they said that has been the buzz around 1 BUC PLACE this week........

I said I would trade Travis straight up for the Bucs 40 something pick in the 2nd round and call it the day....They really did say anything real good either about JP, they were talking with our O line his value will be going down...

I told them I cant wait for the opener when the Bills come here to town!!!!!

When I was driving I was pissed hearing what they were saying so Ic ame home right away and called, then I posted for you guys!!!!!!!

Simms coming here makes absolutely no sense. We just re-signed Mathews and already have Holcomb. Somebody in Tampa is smoking crack!

DraftBoy
04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I like the idea of having Chris Simms come in here. Kid has a load of potential and nobody knows if Losman is gonna work out or not. Matthews being resigned doenst mean squat we should still take 4 QB's to TC. Cutting Matthews or Holcomb is not out of the question similar to Gildon last year. It will be an interesting two days till the draft.

HAMMER
04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Not going to happen, Donahoe passed on Walker when he had the chance to take him a few years ago in the draft. Why would he want him now when he hasn't lived up to expectations. I think Donahoe already has someone's 2nd round pick committed for Henry. A good move for both teams!

mayotm
04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
I like the idea of having Chris Simms come in here. Kid has a load of potential and nobody knows if Losman is gonna work out or not. Matthews being resigned doenst mean squat we should still take 4 QB's to TC. Cutting Matthews or Holcomb is not out of the question similar to Gildon last year. It will be an interesting two days till the draft.

He doesn't have that much potential if the Bucs are completely giving up on him in favor of Brian Griese.

DraftBoy
04-21-2005, 12:18 PM
He doesn't have that much potential if the Bucs are completely giving up on him in favor of Brian Griese.

Yes because the bucs are such shrewd talent evaluators and smart for going with Brian Griese as their starting QB. Just bc a team gives up on a player doesnt mean he's no good. He's only like 24, 25 and showed alot last preseason. He almost beat out Griese.

NC-BILLS44
04-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I'd pass on Simms. We've already had one QB controversy, we don't need another.

askabry
04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
love to have their #36 pick. They can keep Barber, Walker and Simms.

Look ... if they take a bust out WR (Mike Williams?) at 5, they've got Griese, Henry, Williams on offense and that great defense. Plus they can peddle Simms to Cleveland for their #2.

But I don't think we need any Bucs here.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I'd pass on Simms. We've already had one QB controversy, we don't need another.
I agree. We should have taken Simms a few years ago, when we needed a young QB to eventually replace Drew, but we took Angelo Crowell instead. We don't need Simms now. I don't want Walker, who isn't that good, or a 30ish CB, either.

Let's go for their 2nd round pick instead.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Ronde Barber is one of the best DB's in the world. I love that guy. It helps that he's like a 94 in Madden. If they bring him in I'd jump for joy. He's right on level with Clements, maybe better.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Ronde Barber is one of the best DB's in the world. I love that guy. It helps that he's like a 94 in Madden. If they bring him in I'd jump for joy. He's right on level with Clements, maybe better.
I don't think many people are arguing his skills or that he's a great cornerback. I think people are arguing that he would not be a good fit in Buffalo b'cse of the type of defense he plays vs the type of defense we have setup in Buffalo. He is a cover-2 DB. Could he be successful in Buffalo? Maybe, I don't know, but the fact that he's up in years begins to weigh heavier combined with the fact that he does not play our type of defense. He may be a good CB, but that doesn't necessarily translate to him being a good fit here.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I don't think many people are arguing his skills or that he's a great cornerback. I think people are arguing that he would not be a good fit in Buffalo b'cse of the type of defense he plays vs the type of defense we have setup in Buffalo. He is a cover-2 DB. Could he be successful in Buffalo? Maybe, I don't know, but the fact that he's up in years begins to weigh heavier combined with the fact that he does not play our type of defense. He may be a good CB, but that doesn't necessarily translate to him being a good fit here.
I see where your coming from but IMo, if you can play football than you can play football. It doesn't matter to me what kind of defense the guy is used to. He's a smart guy and I'm sure he can adapt just fine. A guy of his caliber shouldn't have tons of difficulty.

ryjam282
04-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Actually, I hear that Simms is headed to Cleveland along with another pick so the Bucs can move up to #3 and get the QB and then get Henry for either another pick or Barber.

mayotm
04-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Yes because the bucs are such shrewd talent evaluators and smart for going with Brian Griese as their starting QB. Just bc a team gives up on a player doesnt mean he's no good. He's only like 24, 25 and showed alot last preseason. He almost beat out Griese.

I'm not sure why you're so high on Simms. He wasn't even that good in college. Look what he did against OU every year. What would it do to JP's confidence for the Bills to bring in another young QB. It would suggest that they don't have confidence in JP, which they obviously do. You can keep hoping, but Simms isn't going to end up in a Bills uniform.

TigerJ
04-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Simms doesn't make sense to me. Holcomb is a solid backup, who could be an adequate starter should Losman stumble. At the same time there is zero chance for a QB controversy with Holcomb. Bring in Simms and there will be QB controversy talk within a month of the start of the season. The Bills don't need that. They also don't need to import someone else's trash (Kenyatta Walker). Barber is a solid corner, but it is not necessarily true that a great player in one system can play well in a different system. Thee would be some risk in trading for Barber.

tampabay25690
04-22-2005, 12:01 AM

Well you should know he was teh starter last year until he got hurt, hey I agree I think it is a bunch of BS, but guess what.....The media knows alot more then us Bills fans on this internet.....

tampabay25690
04-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Actually, I hear that Simms is headed to Cleveland along with another pick so the Bucs can move up to #3 and get the QB and then get Henry for either another pick or Barber.

Hey I just posted what I heard today, and I agree I heard him going to CLeveland also, Personally I think Simms sucks, he wasnt that good in college and I dont think he will be anything in the NFL!!!!

ryjam282
04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
I agree, I think Simms isn't that good either. But, I definitely wouldn't want him in Buffalo. That's for sure.

DraftBoy
04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure why you're so high on Simms. He wasn't even that good in college. Look what he did against OU every year. What would it do to JP's confidence for the Bills to bring in another young QB. It would suggest that they don't have confidence in JP, which they obviously do. You can keep hoping, but Simms isn't going to end up in a Bills uniform.

Bringing in another young QB who is nowhere near starter material as compared to a QB in Holcomb who has been a starter in the past and one who is a solid one at that? Id be much more worried about Kelly than Simms. Also how can you call out the kid bc he played bad against OU all the of UT plays like crap against OU, cant put that solely on Simms. As for the last sentence, keep hoping? Im not hoping it happens bc honestly Id rather us get a better deal than this but I was just making the point that bringing in Simms isnt exactly as bad an idea as everyone else seems to think.

Voltron
04-22-2005, 08:15 AM
:roflmao:

got to love people who use Madden as their scouting service :snicker: