PDA

View Full Version : This is what I think happpens Saturday

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 09:02 AM
This is just gut feeling. I think we will trade Clements for the 9th pick with Washington. Then Trade Henry to the cards for shelton and switch 2nd rounders!

clumping platelets
04-21-2005, 09:14 AM
This is just gut feeling. I think we will trade Clements for the 9th pick with Washington. Then Trade Henry to the cards for shelton and switch 2nd rounders!

:yikes:

Are you coming to the draft party to see if it comes true? :cheers:

justasportsfan
04-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Almost one thing's for sure, one way or another TD is gonna pull a surprise just so that he can hug the limelight.

OpIv37
04-21-2005, 09:17 AM
I think something happens with Henry. I'm not sure about Clements- I'd rather keep him, and I definitely don't want him traded for the 9th pick in a crappy draft. But the fact that the Redskins were so eager to get that 2nd first round pick makes me think they're willing to deal one of them.

gr8slayer
04-21-2005, 09:19 AM
I get the idea that Bills fans almost want us to get rid of Clements now.

Samphin1
04-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I doubt you trade Clements, and I know he won't go for the ninth pick overall.

ddaryl
04-21-2005, 09:33 AM
This is just gut feeling. I think we will trade Clements for the 9th pick with Washington. Then Trade Henry to the cards for shelton and switch 2nd rounders!Clements is worth more then the #9 alone IMO. The CB's drafted at #9 by Wash would take a few years to develope before they are at Clements level, and that is IF they develope to Nates present level.

The Bills won't part with Nate unless the deal is very sweet.

Personally I don't think we will trade Nate. Next years salary cap will be a nice chunk larger then this years and it looks like the Blls will be in good shape cap wise in 2006 even before the new TV deals.

Nate will be affordable, franchised, and dealt only if the Bills cannot come to a long term deal with Nate before the 2006 draft.

RedEyE
04-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I think something happens with Henry. I'm not sure about Clements- I'd rather keep him, and I definitely don't want him traded for the 9th pick in a crappy draft. But the fact that the Redskins were so eager to get that 2nd first round pick makes me think they're willing to deal one of them.

Clements is worth more then the #9 alone IMO. The CB's drafted at #9 by Wash would take a few years to develope before they are at Clements level, and that is IF they develope to Nates present level.

The Bills won't part with Nate unless the deal is very sweet.

Personally I don't think we will trade Nate. Next years salary cap will be a nice chunk larger then this years and it looks like the Blls will be in good shape cap wise in 2006 even before the new TV deals.

Nate will be affordable, franchised, and dealt only if the Bills cannot come to a long term deal with Nate before the 2006 draft.

My thoughts exactly.

OpIv37
04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I get the idea that Bills fans almost want us to get rid of Clements now.

I don't want to get rid of him- he's an excellent player. The problem is the cap- if we can't afford him next year, we're going to lose him and get no compensation for it. If we deal him now, his contract becomes some other team's problem. I think it's a really tough decision, but if we deal him, the price better be steep.

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Keep Nate!

The Spaz
04-21-2005, 09:49 AM
TD would not make a trade to just get "the limelight" he woul do it to make the team better.:up:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Isn't there a TOS on letting Thurm think?

lordofgun
04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
:rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Yes and I surprised I haven't received a yellow or Red card for this little stunt.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Trust me I love Nate also but if TD thinks he won't be able to sign him, a trade for the 9th pick is a no brainer. We will be able to grab a young corner that should have just as much ability who will be younger and cost less. Nate was a 21st pick correct?

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 10:08 AM
He was picked later, but in a much stronger draft. Everyone always says that once the draft is over, where you are selected doesn't mean anything. I'm not trading a top 3 CB in this league for a prospect.

Nate isn't going anywhere.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 10:09 AM
You think Clements is a top 3 CB?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes and I surprised I haven't received a yellow or Red card for this little stunt.
Here is a yellow card from billsfanone
http://img143.echo.cx/img143/8212/yellowcard5wu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

don137
04-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Stay in the shallow end Thurm and leave the thinking to someone else

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Stay in the shallow end Thurm and leave the thinking to someone else
That was very mean spirited Don. :;:

askabry
04-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Franchising Nate Clements is not an option. Why?

Because of the contract for Terrence McGee - which ends after the 2006. If you franchise NC in 06, you'll be faced with replacing three out of four DBs in 06 ... and potentially all four.

The better option is to put all the chips on the table and resign NC right now after you redo Mike Williams' contract. Or not keep NC at all, and instead put your dollars into McGee and whatever you get out of the draft.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't think TD will do anything.

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 10:34 AM
You think Clements is a top 3 CB?

Off the top of my head, I'd put Bailey and McAlister above him. But both were burned pretty badly last year. Maybe Ty Law is he's healthy.

As for franchising, it is a viable option. You can franchise Nate and then re-sign him longterm, you can trade him, or you can let him play out his franchise year and then decide what to do with him. McGee's situation has little bearing on it.

askabry
04-21-2005, 11:13 AM
If you're going to franchise and resign him, then simply resign him now and avoid the issue in 2006.

McGee's situation has EVERY bearing on what happens with Clements, if for no other reason than you're simply not going to pay two cornerbacks that have made the PB big time money. TD has shown he allocates dollars by position. All of our money for OL is in Mike; all of the money for WR is with Eric. At some point, it's going to be NC vs McGee ... if it isn't already in the minds of the FO.

Finally, players that have been franchised (Peerless Price aside) rarely get traded - and the reason is that they have been priced out of the market merely by being franchised.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I mean...I see both sides. Nate is great and we'd like to keep him...and yet, we do have to think about salary cap issues and he will command top dollar come next year. If the Bills FO think that they may not be able to sign him for any reason, then it makes sense to make a deal and get something out of him before we do lose him. Getting a #1 (25th pick) and maybe a #3 from Washington might not be bad at all. It would enable us to improve the offense with Matt Jones, and then in the 2nd we could grab out next CB who would be paid peanuts compared to NC. If necessary, maybe Troy Vincent might have to come back to CB for 1 more year while the new CB comes up to speed.

But again, this is all if TD feels that NC is going to command too much money in FA. We all know that Washington will probably chase him next year and franchising him is not cheap. We also have to consider that Eric Moulds contract might need to be redone as well as quite a few others....

From a money standpoint, it probably makes sense to try and make a trade with Washington. From a fan standpoint, it hurts to lose a good player.

TD has to try and balance it all out as to what's best for the team in both the short and long run.

mchurchfie
04-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Time to get back to more drinking:beer: and less thinking:nerd: Thurm!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Sorry Churchie!!! Whats up man?

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I don't think McGee is anywhere near the player that Nate is. If McGee wants big money, he's gone. He's an excellent return man, but he's a complementary corner.

Most franchise players don't get traded because their original team wants to keep them, or because that player isn't worth the franchise tag (Woodson). I think Nate would be highly desirable to other teams in a trade then, if we wanted to go that direction, a la Peerless.

I don't think Washington acquired that draft pick (#25) to make a deal with us. I'm betting that they want to move up to acquire offensive talent, which they sorely lack.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Agreed on Mcgee. I see him as possibly being a servicable corner but doesn't have the same level of talent that Nate does. I am just thinking that Nate is going to break the bank next year and I don't want to lose him for nothing.

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I agree that he's going to be very well-paid, and I'm hoping it's with us. But if we have to, we can franchise him and get a pick because I feel that we won't be the only team foaming at the mouth for him.

askabry
04-21-2005, 01:20 PM
thurm ... note the PM ...

camelcowboy
04-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Trade clements for 9th pick, and Guard Sean Dockery. That would work for me. We should then trade Josh Reed for a pile of dirty Jock Straps.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Trade clements for 9th pick, and Guard Sean Dockery. That would work for me. We should then trade Josh Reed for a pile of dirty Jock Straps.
Derrick Dockery?

You honestly expect to get more than the 9th overall pick for Clements? You want a guard too? Come on now.

camelcowboy
04-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Derrick Dockery?

You honestly expect to get more than the 9th overall pick for Clements? You want a guard too? Come on now.
Yeah, I do. If we can't get fair value then don't make the trade. Clements is worth more then a 9. Not just the fact he's a top ten corner, but the massive hole he will leave in our secondary.

mchurchfie
04-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Sorry Churchie!!! Whats up man?
Yo Thurm!!:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 01:54 PM
thurm ... note the PM ...
Got it and thanks!

Earthquake Enyart
04-25-2005, 08:32 AM
I don't think TD will do anything.
:bravo: