PDA

View Full Version : Why does it seem

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 11:34 AM
That teams like Washington, and Philly year in and year out are always signing every player or in the running at least . How do they manage that? Will they be in cap hell soon? Its not like the Bills aren't right on the cap and we are just being cheap.

justasportsfan
04-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Wow, Thurm is really revin up the football talk. Who kidnapped the real thurm? :scratch:

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Washington's time is coming. In fact, they lost Smoot and Pierce this off-season mostly because they couldn't afford them.

Philly manages their cap very well, mostly by signing young players to long, cheap extensions through their prime. They also aren't afraid to let players walk if the price gets out of their budget. Drafting well also plays a part in that as it allows a team to have cheap depth.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2005, 11:46 AM
I hear you DN.

don137
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Philly has such a solid team they, like New England, were able to sign players for less money than they could of received elsewhere (Trotter, Douglass, etc.). Plus, they have been very sucessfull in the draft. As a result they let older players that would command a high price walk (Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, etc) and replace them with cheap talent from within. This results in having extra cash for free agents. They do a great job.
Washington on the other hand never has been able to put together a solid team but outbidding teams for talent. I agree their time is coming.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 01:40 PM
The Washington Redksins are just like the New York Knicks and New York Rangers. They overpay for guys who are well past their primes and do not have winning intangibles. The only team able to spend a lot of money and win is the great New York Yankees. 11-2 last night. We're comin.

Akhippo
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Correct me if im way off, but Philly signs their young players and have little dead cap space because of their dealings. How much extra would we have if not for dead space.

Washington may sign alot, but look where their drafting still.

The_Philster
04-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Wow, Thurm is really revin up the football talk. Who kidnapped the real thurm? :scratch:

maybe his gf shut him off and he's finding other ways to spend his time? :idunno: