PDA

View Full Version : Biggest surprise during draft day

sb_bound
04-21-2005, 12:05 PM
In my opinion the biggest surprise during draft day would be that Buffalo doesn't do any wheeling and dealing and we select a player with the 55th pick of the draft.

We could conceivably only receive a low second or high 3rd for Henry and we are going to sit in front of the TV for hours on end to watch the Bills not pull the "Trade of the Century". My reasoning for this is we don't have many holes to fill on the team. We have drafted players on the D-line that are coming into production years and we filled O-line holes with FAs. I don't really see anyone in this draft that is going to crack the starting lineup for the Bills anyway. We have a solid team and are going to be a force to reckon with this coming year. We are not in need of impact players, like we have been the last couple of years and more so than any other year I think that TD is going to be looking for depth in this years draft. Even if we pulled off a deal that put us in the top half of the first round who would we select that is going to start for us right away. The closest thing to a starter might be a CB that comes in during Nickle package. I don't think that we are going to see the Bills select anyone in the first round unless someone gives us their pick for virtually nothing. There just isn't any value in moving up the board this year.

Italian Stallion
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
You very well may be right....All this talk of manuvering and such could all be for nothing....Not much longer to find out at least

sb_bound
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
You very well may be right....All this talk of manuvering and such could all be for nothing....Not much longer to find out at least

True Football fans Christmas is just 2 days away. I can't wait.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 01:33 PM
True Football fans Christmas is just 2 days away. I can't wait.
I can't wait for this. Especially since I know that TD is going to do something cool. He always does, it's his calling card. All the great ones leave their mark. Much like the 2 criminals from Home Alone, "The Wet Bandits."

sb_bound
04-25-2005, 10:25 AM
It looks like I called this one. I thought that Buffalo would at least trade Henry but I didn't see them making many other moves in this draft. We just don't have the needs that we have had in previous drafts.

OpIv37
04-25-2005, 10:26 AM
It looks like I called this one. I thought that Buffalo would at least trade Henry but I didn't see them making many other moves in this draft. We just don't have the needs that we have had in previous drafts.

Don't have the needs? DT, LG and OL, K, WR to replace Moulds, TE because both of ours are limping, CB to replace Clements after this year? Those aren't needs?

sb_bound
04-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Don't have the needs? DT, LG and OL, K, WR to replace Moulds, TE because both of ours are limping, CB to replace Clements after this year? Those aren't needs?
How many DT do you need on a team? We will already have 4 solid DTs and we just added a couple more. LG, are you kidding? Have you been following the Bills offseason? We have more guards than we could ever need on our team right now. Kicker was never even a consideration by the Bills staff. They like Lindell so we are keeping Lindell. Lee Evans is going to be a #1 receiver in the next 2 years. We drafted Roscoe Parish who will give the Bills one of the fastest receiving corps in the NFL. TE, we have 5 or 6 TEs on the team now. It looks as though TD feels he can sign Clements. If he didn't believe he could sign Clements he would have selected a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round. His other option would have been to take a safety high in the draft and move Vincent back to CB but they didn't do that either. This leads me to believe that TD is going to negotiate a contract extension this year for Clements.

Compare to 2004

We needed a WR in the worst way. We needed a successor to Bledsoe at QB. We needed a DT in case Pat Williams left. We needed depth at safety and o-line. We needed a TE.

Compare to 2003

We needed a WR to replace Price. We needed a corner or 2. We needed help on the O-line. We needed a SS and FS. We needed a whole new special teams unit. We needed a kicker. We needed a TE.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 11:14 AM
How many DT do you need on a team? We will already have 4 solid DTs and we just added a couple more. LG, are you kidding? Have you been following the Bills offseason? We have more guards than we could ever need on our team right now. Kicker was never even a consideration by the Bills staff. They like Lindell so we are keeping Lindell. Lee Evans is going to be a #1 receiver in the next 2 years. We drafted Roscoe Parish who will give the Bills one of the fastest receiving corps in the NFL. TE, we have 5 or 6 TEs on the team now. It looks as though TD feels he can sign Clements. If he didn't believe he could sign Clements he would have selected a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round. His other option would have been to take a safety high in the draft and move Vincent back to CB but they didn't do that either. This leads me to believe that TD is going to negotiate a contract extension this year for Clements.

Compare to 2004

We needed a WR in the worst way. We needed a successor to Bledsoe at QB. We needed a DT in case Pat Williams left. We needed depth at safety and o-line. We needed a TE.

Compare to 2003

We needed a WR to replace Price. We needed a corner or 2. We needed help on the O-line. We needed a SS and FS. We needed a whole new special teams unit. We needed a kicker. We needed a TE.
Actually, we have 8.....TEs signed right now!!!! 8????????????? Why Mularkey? Why? Stop being biased on your position...No more, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
04-25-2005, 12:07 PM

Compare to 2004

Compare to 2003

We STILL need O line help, and the number of DT's doesn't matter because none of the ones we have can replace Williams.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
We STILL need O line help, and the number of DT's doesn't matter because none of the ones we have can replace Williams.
We don't know that yet. Edwards did fine each and every time he played. And they've been high on Anderson for awhile and now also claim that Sape has been progressing nicely in his development. The coaches see them and work with them every day, so I'll trust their opinions.

As for Oline, they seem to like Gandy alot, so I'll have to hope that he pans out as they wish and that he is a diamond in the rough that McNally is working on molding...