PDA

View Full Version : Vikings have a press conference scheduled

ryjam282
04-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Dan Patrick and KFAN are saying it is a trade with the Dolphins:

The rumor I read was the Vikings 1st and 3rd this season, a 2 next season and Onterrio for number 2 and another pick from the Fins.

I guess they want Braylon Edwards bad.....Now wouldn't this be funny

"With the first pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, the SF 49ers select Braylon Edwards, WR Michigan."

Vikings front office: OH CRAP!!!

The King
04-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Thats why you wait until draft day to pull the trigger on this deal.

Carlton Bailey
04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
I hope SF takes Braylon just to screw the Vikings. Every year something bad happens to the Vikes on draft day.

ryjam282
04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Either SF will take him or the Vikings will forget they have that pick and Cleveland will swoop in and take him after they miss there pick. Real sharp they are at draft time.

DraftBoy
04-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Dan Patrick and KFAN are saying it is a trade with the Dolphins:

The rumor I read was the Vikings 1st and 3rd this season, a 2 next season and Onterrio for number 2 and another pick from the Fins.

I guess they want Braylon Edwards bad.....Now wouldn't this be funny

"With the first pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, the SF 49ers select Braylon Edwards, WR Michigan."

Vikings front office: OH CRAP!!!

If thats the deal Phins win it hands down good move by Saban and Co. I think Onterrio could be a star and it also allows Miami to maybe get Mike Williams.

Philagape
04-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I just read a rumor that it's Vikes trading both their first-rounders for No. 2 overall

Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-trades042005&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

askabry
04-21-2005, 02:21 PM
The Viking FO is made up of idiots. Miami comes out a clear winner here ... they can draft a RB at seven, a CB or a lineman ... or potentially even a QB ... and not pay huge bucks. It'll be even worse if they get 2 #1s.

Meanwhile, the Vikings could have kept Moss and not gone through all these gyrations to pay a rookie WR $40MM. Blithering fools.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Onterrio Smith is a bong hit away from a one year suspension. :smoke:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-21-2005, 02:22 PM
If I am the 49ers I am calling the Vikings right now about a deal for Braylon Edwards.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2005, 02:24 PM
If I am the 49ers I am calling the Vikings right now about a deal for Braylon Edwards.
If I'm the Redskins, I'm on the horn to the 49ers.

Both QB's could slide quite a bit.

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM

That was my first thought on all this also.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
If I'm the Redskins, I'm on the horn to the 49ers.

Both QB's could slide quite a bit.
Skins could stay where they are and get a CB, which they soarly need.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
That was my first thought on all this also.
That would be hilarious. First Ricky, then Onterrio. :snicker:

ParanoidAndroid
04-21-2005, 02:28 PM
If thats the deal Phins win it hands down good move by Saban and Co. I think Onterrio could be a star and it also allows Miami to maybe get Mike Williams.

This lines up well with Miami's RB misfortune. One more psychadelic rainbow colored piss test and Smith serves a full year of suspension. I'll be tuning in when this happens. :comedy:

Edit: Damn. I'm too slow again.

ddaryl
04-21-2005, 02:41 PM

Not necessarily true, a single bong hit can clear out of the system of a very active person in a week. So as long as he is not tested within a week or 2 from taking sed bong hit he should be fine.

It would be ironic if the Miami losses 2 RB's to the chronic

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Not necessarily true, a single bong hit can clear out of the system of a very active person in a week. So as long as he is not tested within a week or 2 from taking sed bong hit he should be fine.

It would be ironic if the Miami losses 2 RB's to the chronic
Bong hits are like Lays potato chips. You can't have just one. :up:

don137
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
In essence the Vikings would trade Moss, Smith, their first rounder and a couple more picks for Edwards and an average linebacker...Great move by the fins but not too bright by the Vikes. Especially showing your hand two days before the draft

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
It's hard to believe this is true. The Vikings FO isn't that bright but they can't be that dumb.

Dicknoze69
04-21-2005, 03:04 PM
It's hard to believe this is true. The Vikings FO isn't that bright but they can't be that dumb.

Did you miss the 2 years in a row when they let the clock expire ?

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Did you miss the 2 years in a row when they let the clock expire ?
Tardiness is not the same as stupidity.

don137
04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't it be hysterical if the Vikes traded up with the fins and the Vikes let the clock expire again and Cleveland takes Edwards...

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Nah. If they do trade up they know exactly who they want. No need to huddle over and run out of time.

don137
04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Nah. If they do trade up they know exactly who they want. No need to huddle over and run out of time.
Maybe Tice is too busy working the phones trying to sell his super bowl tickets next year and lets the time run out...old habits are hard to break

askabry
04-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Tardiness is not the same as stupidity.

True ... Tardiness is indicative of stupidity, or at the least, sloth, and certainly a reflection of responsibility but not exactly the same as stupidity. I'd imagine there's some correlation between forgetfulness and brilliance; but then again ...

How difficult is it to remember that the event is a clocked affair? Hmmm.

justasportsfan
04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I heard they said that they are not interested in moving up the draft because they believe Mike Williams will be there at 7. I hope the fins get stuck at no. 2

Samphin1
04-21-2005, 05:51 PM
I would rather have the two first rounders than the RB and second rounder next year. Also, being "stuck" at number two isn't too bad. You still get Edwards/Smith/Brown and have an impact player for next year. Plus, if they stink it up next year at the QB position ( assuming they don't pick one this year ) they are in the running for Leinart next year. Miami is in a good spot all around here.

justasportsfan
04-21-2005, 06:14 PM
I would rather have the two first rounders than the RB and second rounder next year. Also, being "stuck" at number two isn't too bad. You still get Edwards/Smith/Brown and have an impact player for next year. Plus, if they stink it up next year at the QB position ( assuming they don't pick one this year ) they are in the running for Leinart next year. Miami is in a good spot all around here.This is why I like the TD move (pending on how JP turns out). He got a qb ahead so he could be ready by this year.

Should the fins take Smith, it would take a year for them to groom him. Drafting him in the no. 2 would be a reach since he is arguably at the same talent level as JP. That's a lot of $$$ since Smith supposedly wants an Eli type of contract.

If they take Lienart, it would take them another year.

Stewie
04-21-2005, 06:26 PM
We can only hope and pray the next dolphins qb is leinart. It'll take em till 2008 to figure out he sucks.

Billsouth
04-21-2005, 07:58 PM

this is the single greatest post ever placed on billszone. :goodpost: :bf1: :band:

Novacane
04-21-2005, 08:33 PM
so........what time was this press conferance supposed to start

LtFinFan66
04-21-2005, 08:51 PM
I heard they said that they are not interested in moving up the draft because they believe Mike Williams will be there at 7. I hope the fins get stuck at no. 2
Hell, I'm just glad we have the chance to get stuck at #2. Going 2 years without a #1 sucked thanks to Ricky.

ryjam282
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
I guess it was a false report. Dan Patrick, what an idiot.