PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Green talking w/ Trey Wingo about TH

elltrain22
04-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Kinda vague, but main thing he says is that the deal could still happen, and TH would be a solid back to have in his offense.

Akhippo
04-21-2005, 08:57 PM
He also said the deal had three months to happen. So basically hes not banking on it happening.

Funnier, he also got spotted for passing over Rothlisberger. There probably going TE with the 8th.

Lone Stranger
04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
This pretty much confirms the fact that he was willing to make an even-up deal with Shelton. But the Bills were looking for a little more, as we have heard, a swap of 2nd round draft choices, So TD is playing hardball. I would think Philly is where the deal will go down. They have so many draft choices. Henry would be a perfect fit there.

mysticsoto
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Oh, I don't know...he kept talking about speed and how he covets it. I still think they will take a CB. The ESPN mock draft tonight had them taking Aaron Rogers, but I haven't heard anything from them that might indicate they will do that. They do need a QB of the future, but this isn't a good draft to obtain a franchise QB and the best they can do is fill up other spots, hope Warner gets them through the year fine, and draft a 1st rd QB next year or sign someone through FA.

BigZ
04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll probably be wrong or maybe it's just wishful thinking but I say that we'll get Shelton AND their 2nd for Travis letting us draft a center and either a CB or LT.

gr8slayer
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
It would be so funny is AZ got Henry and then drafted another RB with their first pick lol.

Novacane
04-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I'll probably be wrong or maybe it's just wishful thinking but I say that we'll get Shelton AND their 2nd for Travis letting us draft a center and either a CB or LT.

Shelton and thier 2nd for Henry without giving up our 2nd? Thats not going to happen

don137
04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
I think TD knows Shelton will get cut. As a said in another thread I don't think Green is banking on getting Henry even though the window is not completely shut.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
If Denny Green passed on a deal for Travis and the 55th pick for his backup LT and the 44th pick, he is a fool.

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
If Denny Green passed on a deal for Travis and the 55th pick for his backup LT and the 44th pick, he is a fool.
He might have been outbargained. TD is strategically using TH to get the most out of him. If we can get a #35 or #36 straight up pick without losing our #55 pick, then he's gotten a better deal. Especially if they are not really high on Shelton's abilities. And right now, that's the way it seems...

Can't wait for tomorrow to see what happens...