X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

I think Travis Henry will go to....

The Philadelphia Eagels. With all those draft picks, it just seems like they would be the likely candidates. I think the Cards have worn their welcome out, and I am glad b/c Shelton for Henry is not a fair trade whatsoever. Shelton is okay, but he is not exceptional, and to me, Travis Henry is. Henry is a proven workhorse, with pro bowl numbers over the last 3 yrs, plus he can catch the ball out of the backfield, blocks, and is a good team guy. Tampa is the only other possiblity, but I still think Philly will give us their 2nd rd. choice, and maybe a later round pick.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • McD
    • Jan 2003

I agree that it SEEMS likely that TH will go to Philly or Tampa, w/Tampa being a better fit for him, but with Philly having more picks to play with. Then there's that pesky Arizona deal that I hear is still going. I'll go out on a limb and try to figure out what TD will do and say he'll be dealt to the Bucs.

McD
    22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

I think the Bucs too
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Dennis Green was on ESPN last night and he said its not dead however if something was to be done it would of been done by now. My interpretation of what he said is he knows where Henry is going and it is not Arizona however everything needs to fall in place for Henry to go to that team on draft day. If it doesn't maybe Buffalo will go with Arizona's offer but it is unlikely.
        I personally think it will be Tampa.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I think that all these rumors and such are smoke screens and BS. I think Henry will be traded to a team that we all have a confused look on our face because that team wasn't brought up. Someone like Chicago.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I don't think TH gets traded this weekend.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
              I think that all these rumors and such are smoke screens and BS. I think Henry will be traded to a team that we all have a confused look on our face because that team wasn't brought up. Someone like Chicago.

Maybe we could trade him to Chicago for Reuben Brown

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Patti120
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
                Maybe we could trade him to Chicago for Reuben Brown
                and if we're lucky maybe somehow Rob Johnson will get thrown into the mix..

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by don137
                  Dennis Green was on ESPN last night and he said its not dead however if something was to be done it would of been done by now. My interpretation of what he said is he knows where Henry is going and it is not Arizona however everything needs to fall in place for Henry to go to that team on draft day. If it doesn't maybe Buffalo will go with Arizona's offer but it is unlikely.
                  I personally think it will be Tampa.
                  I even got the impression that Green was a bit angry that the deal hadn't gotten done. However, I thought it was interesting that when they asked him who he was going to take with the 8th pick, he said he coveted speed, but that it could be a RB, CB, WR, LB, S or there could be a trade that affects the pick. It almost seemed like he wanted to make sure that he left the door open still for a TH trade to happen.

It made me feel like TD is controlling what happens in the trade and that right now, Arizona might be low on the list for what they are offering. This leads me to believe that a deal will more likely get done with Philly or TB and I think - Philly has more picks that they can use to win that deal...

Comment

• buddyboy
                    • Aug 2004

My first post here......Be gentle these are my thoughts based on what I have been reading on mostly national message boards. I claim no inside knowledge, but am only, like everybody else trying to make sense of an overload of information out on the web...

Tampa could definitely be a likely trading partner for Henry. From what I have read they are not offering any picks for Henry, but instead want a player for player trade. Since K. Walker has been a bit of a bust, the only player I could see we would want would be Barber. That would especially make sense if TD was not planning on resigning Clements next year, or if he was looking to put a franchise tag on Clements next year and see what he can get in trade value.

The Eagles do have more draft picks than would make their team, but I think they are looking to trade up into the first round for either a pass rushing defensive end or a WR if one falls far enough. They pass much more as a team than run and their offense isn't really set up for a power running back to carry the ball 25+ times a game. Henry has only adequite receiving skills, and that's a lot of what they use their RBs for...catching passes out of the backfield. I could see us getting their very late 2nd round pick for Henry if he is willing to play for a reasonible contarct with Philly.

Arizona trade has been talked to death...I guess it realy depends on what the Bills coaching staff feels about Shelton. There was talk a month or two back that the Bears were intested in Shelton, no other team has been mentioned recently about being interested in Shelton...there may be a reason for that we as fans are not aware of..IF the Bills are interested in Shelton, or oif the other trades fall apart, I can see the trade being made Saturday with the Cards with the exchange of 2nd round picks.

This looks like an interesting board with some nice post from knowlegable Bills fans. Even though the Bills don't have a first round pick this year, it's an exciting time of year to be a Bills fan.

Comment

• BigZ
                      • Sep 2003

I still think that TD is working hard to get Arizona to do something stupid to get TH - like adding a pick to deal. We'll see but I'm convinced TH will be with another team by Sunday night.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by buddyboy
                        My first post here......Be gentle these are my thoughts based on what I have been reading on mostly national message boards. I claim no inside knowledge, but am only, like everybody else trying to make sense of an overload of information out on the web...

Tampa could definitely be a likely trading partner for Henry. From what I have read they are not offering any picks for Henry, but instead want a player for player trade. Since K. Walker has been a bit of a bust, the only player I could see we would want would be Barber. That would especially make sense if TD was not planning on resigning Clements next year, or if he was looking to put a franchise tag on Clements next year and see what he can get in trade value.

The Eagles do have more draft picks than would make their team, but I think they are looking to trade up into the first round for either a pass rushing defensive end or a WR if one falls far enough. They pass much more as a team than run and their offense isn't really set up for a power running back to carry the ball 25+ times a game. Henry has only adequite receiving skills, and that's a lot of what they use their RBs for...catching passes out of the backfield. I could see us getting their very late 2nd round pick for Henry if he is willing to play for a reasonible contarct with Philly.

Arizona trade has been talked to death...I guess it realy depends on what the Bills coaching staff feels about Shelton. There was talk a month or two back that the Bears were intested in Shelton, no other team has been mentioned recently about being interested in Shelton...there may be a reason for that we as fans are not aware of..IF the Bills are interested in Shelton, or oif the other trades fall apart, I can see the trade being made Saturday with the Cards with the exchange of 2nd round picks.

This looks like an interesting board with some nice post from knowlegable Bills fans. Even though the Bills don't have a first round pick this year, it's an exciting time of year to be a Bills fan.
                        Welcome to the board. I think there might be surprises on Saturday. I can't wait myself. TH will definitely be somewhere else by the end of the day. I think that Arizona's swap of players and swap of 2nd rd, is probably the least that is going to happen - which isn't so bad - but I do think we get an extra 2nd rd pick for TH. That allows us to maybe take a medium/good CB and maybe someone like Spencer or Baas for Center. I do like that we can afford to take the "best available player" and am looking forward to see who is available when our pick comes...

Strange things happen in the draft sometimes, so we'll have to see how it goes...

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                          • Sep 2002

My bet is on Philly for a couple of draft choices, an early 3rd and maybe a 4th. There is decent talent in the middle of the draft, essentially, a numbers game......the more draft picks we get the greater the selection, then weed out the undesirables, etc.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fmr60
                            My bet is on Philly for a couple of draft choices, an early 3rd and maybe a 4th. There is decent talent in the middle of the draft, essentially, a numbers game......the more draft picks we get the greater the selection, then weed out the undesirables, etc.
                            Should we prefer their #35 (early 2nd pick) or 2 picks (3rd and 4th) ??? Probably b'cse we don't have a 1st rd pick, a high 2nd becomes more important. Otherwise, in THIS draft, I might prefer the 2 picks...

Comment

• askabry
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

Interesting thought, really ... I hadn't considered Chicago. After all, if they'd rather burn the first round pick on a WR they could move a second for THen.

But in the end, anyone that will want to make the trade should likely be someone that has already talked contract with Henry. Sort of limits the field, don't you think? There's only been two or three teams that I know have talked numbers with Henry: Arizona, Philadelphia and Miami.
                              what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                              • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                              • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                              • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                              • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                              • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

Working...
                              X