PDA

View Full Version : I think Travis Henry will go to....

elltrain22
04-22-2005, 06:13 AM
The Philadelphia Eagels. With all those draft picks, it just seems like they would be the likely candidates. I think the Cards have worn their welcome out, and I am glad b/c Shelton for Henry is not a fair trade whatsoever. Shelton is okay, but he is not exceptional, and to me, Travis Henry is. Henry is a proven workhorse, with pro bowl numbers over the last 3 yrs, plus he can catch the ball out of the backfield, blocks, and is a good team guy. Tampa is the only other possiblity, but I still think Philly will give us their 2nd rd. choice, and maybe a later round pick.

McD
04-22-2005, 06:17 AM
I agree that it SEEMS likely that TH will go to Philly or Tampa, w/Tampa being a better fit for him, but with Philly having more picks to play with. Then there's that pesky Arizona deal that I hear is still going. I'll go out on a limb and try to figure out what TD will do and say he'll be dealt to the Bucs.

McD

Bert102176
04-22-2005, 06:20 AM
I think the Bucs too

don137
04-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Dennis Green was on ESPN last night and he said its not dead however if something was to be done it would of been done by now. My interpretation of what he said is he knows where Henry is going and it is not Arizona however everything needs to fall in place for Henry to go to that team on draft day. If it doesn't maybe Buffalo will go with Arizona's offer but it is unlikely.
I personally think it will be Tampa.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2005, 07:27 AM
I think that all these rumors and such are smoke screens and BS. I think Henry will be traded to a team that we all have a confused look on our face because that team wasn't brought up. Someone like Chicago.

Ebenezer
04-22-2005, 07:40 AM
I don't think TH gets traded this weekend.

ryjam282
04-22-2005, 07:57 AM
I think that all these rumors and such are smoke screens and BS. I think Henry will be traded to a team that we all have a confused look on our face because that team wasn't brought up. Someone like Chicago.

Maybe we could trade him to Chicago for Reuben Brown :snicker:

Patti120
04-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Maybe we could trade him to Chicago for Reuben Brown :snicker:

and if we're lucky maybe somehow Rob Johnson will get thrown into the mix..

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Dennis Green was on ESPN last night and he said its not dead however if something was to be done it would of been done by now. My interpretation of what he said is he knows where Henry is going and it is not Arizona however everything needs to fall in place for Henry to go to that team on draft day. If it doesn't maybe Buffalo will go with Arizona's offer but it is unlikely.
I personally think it will be Tampa.
I even got the impression that Green was a bit angry that the deal hadn't gotten done. However, I thought it was interesting that when they asked him who he was going to take with the 8th pick, he said he coveted speed, but that it could be a RB, CB, WR, LB, S or there could be a trade that affects the pick. It almost seemed like he wanted to make sure that he left the door open still for a TH trade to happen.

It made me feel like TD is controlling what happens in the trade and that right now, Arizona might be low on the list for what they are offering. This leads me to believe that a deal will more likely get done with Philly or TB and I think - Philly has more picks that they can use to win that deal...

buddyboy
04-22-2005, 09:41 AM
My first post here......Be gentle these are my thoughts based on what I have been reading on mostly national message boards. I claim no inside knowledge, but am only, like everybody else trying to make sense of an overload of information out on the web...

Tampa could definitely be a likely trading partner for Henry. From what I have read they are not offering any picks for Henry, but instead want a player for player trade. Since K. Walker has been a bit of a bust, the only player I could see we would want would be Barber. That would especially make sense if TD was not planning on resigning Clements next year, or if he was looking to put a franchise tag on Clements next year and see what he can get in trade value.

The Eagles do have more draft picks than would make their team, but I think they are looking to trade up into the first round for either a pass rushing defensive end or a WR if one falls far enough. They pass much more as a team than run and their offense isn't really set up for a power running back to carry the ball 25+ times a game. Henry has only adequite receiving skills, and that's a lot of what they use their RBs for...catching passes out of the backfield. I could see us getting their very late 2nd round pick for Henry if he is willing to play for a reasonible contarct with Philly.

Arizona trade has been talked to death...I guess it realy depends on what the Bills coaching staff feels about Shelton. There was talk a month or two back that the Bears were intested in Shelton, no other team has been mentioned recently about being interested in Shelton...there may be a reason for that we as fans are not aware of..IF the Bills are interested in Shelton, or oif the other trades fall apart, I can see the trade being made Saturday with the Cards with the exchange of 2nd round picks.

This looks like an interesting board with some nice post from knowlegable Bills fans. Even though the Bills don't have a first round pick this year, it's an exciting time of year to be a Bills fan.

BigZ
04-22-2005, 09:46 AM
I still think that TD is working hard to get Arizona to do something stupid to get TH - like adding a pick to deal. We'll see but I'm convinced TH will be with another team by Sunday night.

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 09:52 AM
My first post here......Be gentle these are my thoughts based on what I have been reading on mostly national message boards. I claim no inside knowledge, but am only, like everybody else trying to make sense of an overload of information out on the web...

Tampa could definitely be a likely trading partner for Henry. From what I have read they are not offering any picks for Henry, but instead want a player for player trade. Since K. Walker has been a bit of a bust, the only player I could see we would want would be Barber. That would especially make sense if TD was not planning on resigning Clements next year, or if he was looking to put a franchise tag on Clements next year and see what he can get in trade value.

The Eagles do have more draft picks than would make their team, but I think they are looking to trade up into the first round for either a pass rushing defensive end or a WR if one falls far enough. They pass much more as a team than run and their offense isn't really set up for a power running back to carry the ball 25+ times a game. Henry has only adequite receiving skills, and that's a lot of what they use their RBs for...catching passes out of the backfield. I could see us getting their very late 2nd round pick for Henry if he is willing to play for a reasonible contarct with Philly.

Arizona trade has been talked to death...I guess it realy depends on what the Bills coaching staff feels about Shelton. There was talk a month or two back that the Bears were intested in Shelton, no other team has been mentioned recently about being interested in Shelton...there may be a reason for that we as fans are not aware of..IF the Bills are interested in Shelton, or oif the other trades fall apart, I can see the trade being made Saturday with the Cards with the exchange of 2nd round picks.

This looks like an interesting board with some nice post from knowlegable Bills fans. Even though the Bills don't have a first round pick this year, it's an exciting time of year to be a Bills fan.
Welcome to the board. I think there might be surprises on Saturday. I can't wait myself. TH will definitely be somewhere else by the end of the day. I think that Arizona's swap of players and swap of 2nd rd, is probably the least that is going to happen - which isn't so bad - but I do think we get an extra 2nd rd pick for TH. That allows us to maybe take a medium/good CB and maybe someone like Spencer or Baas for Center. I do like that we can afford to take the "best available player" and am looking forward to see who is available when our pick comes...

Strange things happen in the draft sometimes, so we'll have to see how it goes...

Lone Stranger
04-22-2005, 09:59 AM
My bet is on Philly for a couple of draft choices, an early 3rd and maybe a 4th. There is decent talent in the middle of the draft, essentially, a numbers game......the more draft picks we get the greater the selection, then weed out the undesirables, etc.

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
My bet is on Philly for a couple of draft choices, an early 3rd and maybe a 4th. There is decent talent in the middle of the draft, essentially, a numbers game......the more draft picks we get the greater the selection, then weed out the undesirables, etc.
Should we prefer their #35 (early 2nd pick) or 2 picks (3rd and 4th) ??? Probably b'cse we don't have a 1st rd pick, a high 2nd becomes more important. Otherwise, in THIS draft, I might prefer the 2 picks...

askabry
04-22-2005, 10:58 AM

Interesting thought, really ... I hadn't considered Chicago. After all, if they'd rather burn the first round pick on a WR they could move a second for THen.

But in the end, anyone that will want to make the trade should likely be someone that has already talked contract with Henry. Sort of limits the field, don't you think? There's only been two or three teams that I know have talked numbers with Henry: Arizona, Philadelphia and Miami.

Jeff1220
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
If Tampa could give the Bills something worthwhile, then I'd like to see TH end up there. As much as he has been whining the last couple of months, I still appreciate the play that Travis brought to his games with the Bills. Tampa is probably where he'd be happiest. Of course I want the Bills to get as much as possible for him, but if all things are equal, I hope Travis is a Buc.

gonzo1105
04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
I could see us trading him to the Eagles for like a 4th this year and a conditional 5th rounder that could be a 3rd based on production

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
I could see us trading him to the Eagles for like a 4th this year and a conditional 5th rounder that could be a 3rd based on production
??? That's even worse than taking Arizona's swap of players and swap of 2nd rounders...

gonzo1105
04-22-2005, 12:30 PM
How is that worse? This draft sucks at the upper part of the draft. Players in the mid 20's to the 4th round are pretty much pretty equal. Some guys are rated 2nd rounders on a board while others are rated in the 4th....Then if Henry produces next year for the Eagles we would get a 3rd round pick in a much stronger draft. I would definetely be looking for a conditional pick in next year's draft before taking a pick in this years draft. I think everyone gets too caught up in the oh my god we have to be excited on draft day type deal. Thats why people are flying off the handle saying we need to trade Nate Clements to get a high pick in this draft. I guarantee more then 30% of the people that said that just want to see us draft before 5 in the afternoon. If I was GM I maybe would want a low pick in this years draft and the chance to get a higher pick in next year's draft before swapping a decent RB for a piece of garbage(Shelton) and a swap of 11 picks in which the grades wont even be different.

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
How is that worse? This draft sucks at the upper part of the draft. Players in the mid 20's to the 4th round are pretty much pretty equal. Some guys are rated 2nd rounders on a board while others are rated in the 4th....Then if Henry produces next year for the Eagles we would get a 3rd round pick in a much stronger draft. I would definetely be looking for a conditional pick in next year's draft before taking a pick in this years draft. I think everyone gets too caught up in the oh my god we have to be excited on draft day type deal. Thats why people are flying off the handle saying we need to trade Nate Clements to get a high pick in this draft. I guarantee more then 30% of the people that said that just want to see us draft before 5 in the afternoon. If I was GM I maybe would want a low pick in this years draft and the chance to get a higher pick in next year's draft before swapping a decent RB for a piece of garbage(Shelton) and a swap of 11 picks in which the grades wont even be different.
Well it all depends who they are targeting. If they want certain personnel, Matt Jones, David Baas, Chris Spencer, etc, they may need to be at the top of the 2nd round to be able to pick one of them (MJ might require 1st rd). B'cse we have no glaring holes, we can afford to take the best available player, but if he sees that we can nudge up to take a highly touted prospect, then so be it.

And by the way, I think the idea of trading NC was more to get something out of him IF we feel like we are going to lose him next year. I still think it is suspicious that Washington acquired the 25th pick - and it seems like they will be using that for something. So, it's not totally out of the question that that may happen.

But regardless, many people have mentioned that our defense is beginning to age and we've already lost PW. Soon Adams will be gone, possibly NC, etc. We can't plan too far ahead and just leave things for next year...in this league, teams can change overnight and we have to plan for the now. This season needs to be looked at, and TD needs to look at the draft and say, who here could help get us to the playoffs?

If we had a 1st rounder, I might agree that it is more important to get a few extra lower rounds, or even get one for next year, but given that we don't, we could use a pick at the top of the 2nd to ensure we get a caliber player that we might even possibly begin using immediately.

ParanoidAndroid
04-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Well it all depends who they are targeting.

Exactly.

Expect more surprises this year and try not to throw the TV out the window.

ddaryl
04-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Its either Philly or ZOna IMO.

I'd rather have that upper 2nd rd pick and grab Spencer or Baas.

The talk about Chicago is intriging based upon the fact that Chicago needs a RB, but also could use the WR among a few other positions.

TH is what will make our day 1 draft more interesting in lieu of a 1st rd pick.

Stay Tuned