X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Dolphins trade Surtain to Chiefs

Sirus radio reported the fins traded Surtain to the chiefs for a 2nd this year and swapped 5th's.

asked if he was happy about the trade " I would've played anywhere for league minimum,as long as I don't have to play Eric Moulds twice a year."
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Good for the Chiefs, and even better for us.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

guess we're keeping clements. Glad to have him out of the playoffs. Miami could end up with a boatload of 2nd and 3rd round draft picks if they manage trade down.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        guess we're keeping clements. Glad to have him out of the playoffs. Miami could end up with a boatload of 2nd and 3rd round draft picks if they manage trade down.
        what sucks about it is that it cleared up a boat load of cap for the fins.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• clumping platelets

Miami needs that cap space. They've nearly exhausted their means of finding cap space to sign their draft choices.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
            Knows More Than You
            • Feb 2004

They are definately gonna trade down....they have holes all over the offense and an aging defense, they need the extra picks
            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• clumping platelets

Just wait until I post my 3 rd mock

Comment

• Samphin1
                • Mar 2004

The second rounder gives us options for sure. David Baas comes to mind. Personally, I think drafting Adrian McPherson in the second round isn't a bad idea. I think he will be the best QB in the draft.

I am sad to see Surtain go. I really liked him, but the nearly 6 million in savings and rising star in Will Poole made him expendable. Plus, if we trade down from the #2 spot, we could end up going from two first day picks to as many five or so. Big difference and allows us to fill more holes.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

It's more important now for the Bills to try and trade Henry for a higher pick in the 2nd to take a stab at Spencer or Bass...Now with the Fish having a second and the flexibility of trading down from #2, they will hog all of the o lineman in round 2...
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                    It's more important now for the Bills to try and trade Henry for a higher pick in the 2nd to take a stab at Spencer or Bass...Now with the Fish having a second and the flexibility of trading down from #2, they will hog all of the o lineman in round 2...
                    Miami probably needs a Tackle more than they need a Center. They could take Adam Terry in the 2nd...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I think what killed Miami is what Houston had to pay for a lesser CB in Buchannan. I honestly cant believe Saban pulled the trigger on this deal, but like I said before I didnt think they would get a 2nd and another pick. They swapped 5th's but pick up nothing extra but a 2nd.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Miami probably needs a Tackle more than they need a Center. They could take Adam Terry in the 2nd...

That would be a reach at that point, he's falling down draft boards now looking at a 3rd round pick.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I think what killed Miami is what Houston had to pay for a lesser CB in Buchannan. I honestly cant believe Saban pulled the trigger on this deal, but like I said before I didnt think they would get a 2nd and another pick. They swapped 5th's but pick up nothing extra but a 2nd.
                          The swap in the 5th benefits KC, correct? I believe KC has to picks in the 5th, any idea if the swap was with the middle or end of 5th rd against Miami's beginning of the 5th rd?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            That would be a reach at that point, he's falling down draft boards now looking at a 3rd round pick.
                            Agreed. Miami might take a QB - although that's kind of admitting that they screwed up with Feeley (something Saban might do since he wasn't involved with that decision). I hear Jason Campbell's stock is rising...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Agreed. Miami might take a QB - although that's kind of admitting that they screwed up with Feeley (something Saban might do since he wasn't involved with that decision). I hear Jason Campbell's stock is rising...

Thats the problem Campbell stock is rising so fast he may go late rd 1 and Dolphins will be stuck with Frye, Orton, or Walter.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X