PDA

View Full Version : Tedy Bruschi cleared for offseason workouts...

Ickybaluky
04-22-2005, 09:37 AM
NESN (New England Sports Network, an all-sports cable outlet owned by the Red Sox that broadcast their games) is reporting doctors have cleared Tedy Bruschi to participate in the Patriots offseason program.

This doesn't mean Tedy is coming back, but it is a sign that it is a possibility.

Kolbiss
04-22-2005, 09:56 AM
NESN (New England Sports Network, an all-sports cable outlet owned by the Red Sox that broadcast their games) is reporting doctors have cleared Tedy Bruschi to participate in the Patriots offseason program.

This doesn't mean Tedy is coming back, but it is a sign that it is a possibility.

I hate to say it, but im glad to hear he is coming back. He seems like a class guy. I hope he returns to full health, but has lost all his football skills along with the remaindr of the Pats!!!! :D:

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I saw an interview with Deion Branch the other day and he seemed confident that Tedy would play again.

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Happy for Tedy, pissed that the Patriots aren't losing a player. I won't look forward to facing him twice a year.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Branch was on the ESPN draft show, he was answering questions, and the give-and-take went like this:

Q: When did you see Tedy Bruschi last?

A: Monday

Q: Will Tedy play again?

A: Yes

Q: Will he play in '05?

A: (pause) We'll have to let that be a surprise.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Q: Will he play in '05?

A: (pause) We'll have to let that be a surprise.

wow, they think there so awesome.....i realllllllly hate the pats

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

sorry im done now

Jan Reimers
04-22-2005, 02:37 PM
That's great news, no matter what you think of the Pats. No one wants a player's career to end like that.

footballhottie
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
yeah im glad hes better...but i sure do hate the pats

ddaryl
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
After everything teddy went through I would think he'd be nervous about returning.

But we is the heart and soul of NE's D. Good for NE, bad for the AFC East

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 02:58 PM
But we is the heart and soul of NE's D. Good for NE, bad for the AFC East

bad for the entire NFL. I so sick of these guys winning. I really hope this is the year SOMEONE takes those ****ers out- I don't even care if it's the Dolphins, Cowboys or Titans. I just want to see the Pats LOSE.

TedMock
04-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Good for Tedy. I hate the Pats, but is only a game. This guy has more heart and soul than most others, so I would never wish him anything but luck....except on those 2 specific Sundays each year.

SABURZFAN
04-22-2005, 06:33 PM
i'm not a bruschi fan but i hope he returns to the field so i can boo him again. :biggrin:

Meathead
04-22-2005, 06:43 PM
I hope he says that he could play but the injury opened up his eyes and now he just wants to sit on the couch and watch his toddler grow up.

Turf
04-22-2005, 08:43 PM
He's crazy to come back. There's no reason for it. 3 Super Bowl rings, a ton of cash. Name recognition. Why risk his health and future? Makes absolutely no sense. Just plain stupid.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-23-2005, 04:37 AM
He's crazy to come back. There's no reason for it. 3 Super Bowl rings, a ton of cash. Name recognition. Why risk his health and future? Makes absolutely no sense. Just plain stupid.

I hope he says that he could play but the injury opened up his eyes and now he just wants to sit on the couch and watch his toddler grow up.
I hope that he will come to his senses and recognize that there is more to life than coming back as a player. Unfortunately the very drive than helps a guy overcome a stroke like Bruschi had can make them want to try to do things that aren't wise for someone with that kind of medical problem--I know because my father had 5 strokes and I saw the way that he reacted to them. But, a brain injury--which is what a stroke is---isn't like injuring any other part of the body because it is an injury that will eventually recur no matter how careful one is. And, playing in the NFL, where hits to the head are common, with a history of stroke is about as stupid as boxing professionally with a history of bleeding in the brain--it's just incredibly dangerous.

For his family's sake, I hope that Tedy will rehab with all of his might until he can do everything that he could do before his stroke and, then, call it a career.