PDA

View Full Version : How much for the A-train?

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 10:06 AM
All this talk of Gore and other potential backups for WM, got me to thinking...what would it take to get the A-train here? How much is too much to pay him and where would you feel comfortable paying him for his services?

What is he asking/looking for ?

Dicknoze69
04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd give him the vet minimum. I don't think he has a lot of suitors anymore, but he would be a nice backup to Willis.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I like that idea better than Frank Gore. I just don't think it would work with a guy that started above McGahee before he was injured.

generalmills
04-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I dont understand... What is wrong with Joe Burns and Shaud Williams as backups??

Jan Reimers
04-22-2005, 11:41 AM
I dont understand... What is wrong with Joe Burns and Shaud Williams as backups??
Burns has been backing up Shelton at FB, which leaves - excluding TH - Williams and Dante Brown behind Willis.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 11:47 AM
The market is gonna pick up fro him after the draft i promise....He'd be wise to wait it out until Training Camps start and pick a spot to play based on injuries. (although sitting on the shelf that long teamless probally wont happen)

ShadowHawk7
04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
I'd take him for vet min. Burns hasn't impressed me at all, outside of the preseason, in the last 2 years. S. Williams is the 3rd down, Tony Fisher type, scat back, while A-Train would be a Najeh Davenport type guy, who would grind out the tough yards for us.

Rip13
04-22-2005, 11:53 AM
We could really use a grind it out type back right now but do you think he'd have any intrest in coming?

Spielmanrules54
04-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I posted a similar thread a couple weeks ago... i like A-train as a backup to Willis, especially since I'm not totally sold that Willis can sustain a whole season on "the knee". So if the unmentionable happens to Willis, A-train can step in and the drop-off will be less. In this league you really need two starter quality running backs, especially if you're going to rely on the run like we plan to. If nobody picks him up after the draft, he'll have to drop his asking price... then we can pick him up, hopefully. I just cringe when I think of Willis going down for a couple games and we have to rely on Shaud Williams and Dante Brown...yikes! Although I think S. Williams will be a solid backup eventually, i just don't know yet.

Slim
04-22-2005, 07:06 PM

the same reason that having sex with a prostitute is wrong, you know its wrong but you keep on trying to convince yourself they like it too.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 07:24 PM
the same reason that having sex with a prostitute is wrong, you know its wrong but you keep on trying to convince yourself they like it too.
Hughe Grant doesn't agree