PDA

View Full Version : Hall Of Fame Induction

northernbillfan
08-03-2002, 10:53 PM
In a word......WOW.

I was deeply moved by the ceremonies today in Canton. Jim is one class act. I was too emotional to think of any hi-lights from Jimbo's induction, still basking in the moment. However, I do have some observations on the day.

First off, a big salute to all the Bills fans who did us proud with the representation at the cermonies. You were amazing.

Marv Levy's induction speech was very eloquent, it is good to see he hasn't lost his touch.

I liked the fact that every time they referred to the 4 consecutive Super Bowl trips, they called it an amazing achievment. Something we, as fans have been telling everybody for years.

George Allen's son deserved the boo birds, when he slighted Dan Hampton by calling another DE the best in the game. Jim did the same when he callled Bruce the best he has played with, but apologized to Hampton, another sign of class.

Quote of the day comes from Deacon Jones in his Measure of success comparison when he said...

"The man who can accept defeat and collect a salary, is a thief."

All in all one of the best HOF induction ceremonies I have ever witnessed. It's a great day to be a Bills fan. Take a bow one and all.

Oh and I'd like to thank a good friend of mine for making this thread possible, without his taping and satellite dish, I would have never seen it so soon. Thanks Denny.

http://www.profootballhof.com/photos/kelly_wide080302.jpg

clumping platelets
08-04-2002, 01:16 AM
I knew the Jimbo would be last, so I took nap until about 2pm. It was a very touching tribute to Hunter: "To my hero, my soldier, my son Hunter...I love you Buddy"

It was surely Buffalo's day in da sun

Tasker in 2003 :up:

northernbillfan
08-04-2002, 10:09 AM
The second biggest round of applause of the day was for Steve Tasker.

Perhaps he will be in soon. I'd like to see it, but how many special teams players are actually in the hall?

The_Philster
08-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Steve would be the first non-kicker and it was writers other than Felser that brought him up at the meetings.

BTW, loved that quote from Deacon. :up: