PDA

View Full Version : What about Henry to the Panthers...

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Looks like the Panthers in search of back now as well....

I know that there has been no mention of trades with Carolina, but seeing that Davis isn't improving and Foster's durability is being questioned, the Panthers might be another option for the Bills to trade Henry to on draft day.

Panthers | Looking to Add a Running Back During Draft? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:46 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers like the crop of running backs available in the upcoming NFL Draft. Because of issues with their current running backs, the position is of potential need for the Panthers. If the team is unable to land one of the top backs with their first-round pick, No. 14 overall, they may turn their attention to other backs during the second or third round.

Panthers | Foster Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:26 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB DeShaun Foster (shoulder) has recovered from shoulder surgery and will be ready for the team's rookie minicamp. However, there are concerns over his long-term health as he has finished two of the last three seasons on injured reserve.

Panthers | Davis May Not be Ready for Start of Season - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:27:09 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB Stephen Davis (knee) remains a long ways away from being healthy after having knee surgery. He may not be ready for the start of the regular season.

Panthers | Goings Not the Answer to RB Concerns - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:26:53 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports Carolina Panthers RB Nick Goings filled in well for the team during 2004, but the team does not view him as the answer to their running back position.

Panthers | Arrington Could be an Option - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:26:42 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers could consider RB J.J. Arrington (California) during the second or third round of the NFL Draft if they are unable to land one of the top running backs in the first round.

Panthers | Shelton Could be an Option - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:26:24 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers could consider RB Eric Shelton (Louisville) during the second or third round of the NFL Draft if they are unable to land one of the top running backs in the first round. They may have particular interest in him, as he visited with the team recently.

KFFL | BREAKING NEWS IN YOUR INBOX - from www.KFFL.com

Love KFFL's Hot Off the Wire? Want to get the latest news sent straight to your email address? Then KFFL's E-Wire is just what you need. Get the most significant breaking news reports as well as selected KFFL articles. Best of all - It's Free! Check out KFFL's Free E-Wire Today! [ More Information ]

Panthers | Morency Could be an Option - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:26:09 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers could consider RB Vernand Morency (Louisiana Tech) during the second or third round of the NFL Draft if they are unable to land one of the top running backs in the first round.

Panthers | Reyes Could be an Option - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:24:27 -0700

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers could consider RB Walter Reyes (Syracuse) during the second or third round of the NFL Draft if they are unable to land one of the top running backs in the first round.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 12:10 PM
I'll take their 1st rounder for a shot at Jammal Brown

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 12:12 PM

lol ...They'll want a little more than Henry to come off that first pick.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I'd do Henry, #55, 4th rounder and conditional for that #14....I really thin the Bills like him, i just got a feeling they will get in the first round somehow to draft him

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 12:17 PM
I like the idea alot. Steven Davis had that Micro-fracture surgery, the same that Jason Seahorn, and Courtney Brown had. Its a very tough surgery to overcome. With Fosters constant injury problems,and Nate Goings only average talent. I could definately see them taking a shot at TH. I could also see Interest from the Bears as well.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Plus if he goes to Carolina, if not injured by then, he'll be back at the Ralph thanksgiving weekend

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
I wish, Even better Henry for Peppers straight up.:dance:

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I wish, Even better Henry for Peppers straight up.:dance:

haha I was just going to say the same thing- you beat me to it.

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I'd take the 45th overall and their 6th round Compensatory Selection (207 overall) for Henry.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 12:28 PM
I'd take the 45th overall and their 6th round Compensatory Selection (207 overall) for Henry.

Can't trade comp. picks man...otherwise i would take that trade

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 12:30 PM
On a more serious not, If we were to get just a player straight up for Henry, Maybe Rick Manning Jr. Maybe Greg Lewis from the Eagles. who knows what may happen tommarrow.

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Can't trade comp. picks man...otherwise i would take that trade

That's right...thanks for the reminder.

Well they have two 6th rounders and 2 5th rounders...i'm sure something could be worked out.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 12:34 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Posted by
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by RedEyE
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'd love to get the 45th pick, I just want something before we pick at 55.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 12:37 PM
I want Chris Spencer on the Bills....write it down he will be a pro bowler for a long time

don137
04-22-2005, 12:40 PM
If Carolina can grab one of the big three RB's at #15 then they won't trade for Henry. If the big three are gone they may be inclined to trade for Henry. I just don't see all of the big 3 being gone at #15 though.

Rip13
04-22-2005, 12:47 PM
If Carolina can grab one of the big three RB's at #15 then they won't trade for Henry. If the big three are gone they may be inclined to trade for Henry. I just don't see all of the big 3 being gone at #15 though.

I agree. A deal w/Carolina is unlikely, but Buffalo will end up with a first round pick somehow. They have only missed one first round since 1990.

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 12:50 PM

I'm thinking Carolina is hunting for WR in the first round. Let's not forget that they lost Muhasin Muhhamad this year (or however you spell his name). That leaves Ricky Proehl who is in his 16th year and the elusive Steve Smith who only played 1 game last year.

But you're right, if they have a shot a one of the 3 big backs they may have no choice but to grab one and strike out for a decent WR in the 2nd round.

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 12:57 PM
I want Chris Spencer on the Bills....write it down he will be a pro bowler for a long time
I'm up in the air about Chris Spencer vs David Baas...I keep flip-flopping between them...

Dicknoze69
04-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking Carolina is hunting for WR in the first round. Let's not forget that they lost Muhasin Muhhamad this year (or however you spell his name). That leaves Ricky Proehl who is in his 16th year and the elusive Steve Smith who only played 1 game last year.

But you're right, if they have a shot a one of the 3 big backs they may have no choice but to grab one and strike out for a decent WR in the 2nd round.

You forgot about Keary Colbert who started most of last year for them.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm up in the air about Chris Spencer vs David Baas...I keep flip-flopping between them...

Baas is more of a guard. Spencer is much more athletic than he...It's very close but Spencer gets the nod from this GM :D

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 01:11 PM
You forgot about Keary Colbert who started most of last year for them.

Who? Just kidding.

I didn't forget him, I just didn't think he wasn't worth mentioning. He had a decent first season with Smith being out, but I really don't see anything special about this guy. He's young and that does makes it to early to tell. Most WRs break out in their 2nd and 3rd seasons.

I think colbert is a 3rd WR at best (from what I've seen from him). He works catches underneath - in the trenches. He should take Ricky Pr-old's job this season. Panthers have to start grooming a guy that compliments Smith.

ParanoidAndroid
04-22-2005, 01:26 PM
If it comes down to a choice between one on the big three RB's and Williamson, they'll take the wideout. They need a tackle themselves though, so don't be surprised if they get Barron. I doubt there's anything in the works with Buffalo, though.

I know it's not going to happen, but if we could jump up and get Williamson, I'd be pumped. Williamson and Evans on the outside and Moulds in the slot? Wow! :drool:

don137
04-22-2005, 01:56 PM

I do think Carolina will get a WR but I think RB and OT is a bigger need. I coach my son's YMCA soccer team and Steve Smith coaches his son's team at the field next to mine. I saw him yesterday afternoon and he looks fully recovered from his injury. He was running around and cutting back and forth playing with the kids. They also have Keary Colbert who should step up after a nice rookie campaign.
They could take Barron if he is available because they need another OT. However, if the big three are gone and Barron is gone and Williamson is available you never know...