PDA

View Full Version : If Henry for Shelton doesn't go through....

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 12:32 PM
would any of the other interested teams deal an O-lineman? So far, Miami, Philly, and TB have shown the most interest, and now Carolina seems to be looking for a good back.

I'd rather acquire O-line help through a trade or FA to get a proven player than to draft players who may be busts or may not be ready to contribute immediately.

Italian Stallion
04-22-2005, 12:35 PM
None of those teams really have any lineman they would want to trade, or would be worth it to pick up....Walker from the Bucs sucks and if we get him, even if a pick is involved also im gonna be pissed. He's worse than anything on our roster.

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 12:35 PM
would any of the other interested teams deal an O-lineman? So far, Miami, Philly, and TB have shown the most interest, and now Carolina seems to be looking for a good back.

I'd rather acquire O-line help through a trade or FA to get a proven player than to draft players who may be busts or may not be ready to contribute immediately.

I'm all for that, but it has to be the right player. I'm still not sold on Shelton, and I don't think the Bills are high on him either.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 12:43 PM
None of those teams really have any lineman they would want to trade, or would be worth it to pick up....Walker from the Bucs sucks and if we get him, even if a pick is involved also im gonna be pissed. He's worse than anything on our roster.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Look at main possible teams in this trade, Miami,Arizona,and Tampa have had the worse o-lines in the league for the last few years. Why should we take a below average player, on a below-average line. I would just rather take the pick.

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 12:54 PM
The O-line is still shaky- Shelton's better than anything we currently have (but don't tell Denny Green), and it's really impossible to tell if we can draft a guy who can play at his level.

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 01:07 PM
The O-line is still shaky- Shelton's better than anything we currently have (but don't tell Denny Green), and it's really impossible to tell if we can draft a guy who can play at his level.
I don't know about that anymore. In an interview with JP, Losman said Gandy was working hard. Maybe he really wants that spot and is working his a$$ off during the offseason.

The one thing I didn't like was that he said he hopes they keep TT at center - that they got along really well and were working well together...

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't know about that anymore. In an interview with JP, Losman said Gandy was working hard. Maybe he really wants that spot and is working his a$$ off during the offseason.

The one thing I didn't like was that he said he hopes they keep TT at center - that they got along really well and were working well together...

Then I doubt Teague will be moved- I'm sure the coaches will want JP to be as comfortable as possible.

Bulldog
04-22-2005, 03:55 PM
I honestly think Buffalo will take Adam Terry in the draft. I read an article from the Syracus Post Standard where Terry said Buffalo was one of four teams he has heard from in the past few days. Here's the link:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/111415925674040.xml

Mahdi
04-22-2005, 05:58 PM
If we dont get the deal done for Shelton...we will wait and sign him when he is cut.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-23-2005, 08:16 AM
#1---NO WAY we go into training camp expecting Teague to be our LT. It just won't happen. Moving Teague to LT is a desperation move due to injury, etc.

#2---We won't be willing to pay the going rate for a starting LT on the open market....which is what Shelton will receive if he hits the market. You guys may have been fooled by all the smoke and mirrors laid out by Donahoe, but if you listen to objective opinions on Shelton, they all read that he is a solid LT, but not a premier LT. Most LT's are not premier players in their first few years anyway.....you doubters will be very surprised when you see him play....he will make you forget Jennings very easily.

#3---IF the Cardinals are really offering Shelton and a 3rd rounder for Henry.....the deal is all but done. They won't give up anything else...and nobody else can match that deal. Now....if we get a great deal from Tampa, there could be a chance that we trade a draft pick for Shelton.

#4---Simeon Rice for Henry? Don't know what his cap # is, but hell yeah I would jump at that! Rice has a couple productive seasons left......and if they were to throw in Kenatta Walker, I would say that is a good deal.
Don't see it happening, but if it does, it will be after the draft.

#5---I can't wait for the draft to be over so we have a better idea where we sit. I have never seen so much speculation in my life.