PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Len Pasquarelli : COACH Security Ratings.

RedEyE
12-12-2002, 05:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1475334.html

Gregg Williams, Buffalo: There continues to be rumbling that he might be in trouble if the Bills don't finish at .500. Those rumors are unsubstantiated, and while some of his decision-making can be scrutinized, he figures to have a playoff contender by 2003. Of course, if he doesn't then he might have some concerns.
Security level: 3

Article also shows who is on the league wide chopping block.

shelby
12-12-2002, 08:09 PM
Buffalo ain't big enough for Gregg and his man boobs.
:biggrin:

DIHARD2
12-12-2002, 10:21 PM
If the Bills beat the Chargers this week, his job will be secure especially if Flutie comes in and doesn't accomplish anything. Another situation that I see is, that two of the next three games one is a contender for a spot in the playoffs and the other team has already sealed there destiny as a team in the playoffs. I still believe that 7/9 will seal his job. But if we don't win another game he is gone.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Typ0
12-12-2002, 11:52 PM
I don't know if it all comes down to record you have to watch the games too. If he blows one of the remaining games with hairbrained decision making he should be out of here I don't care if we win the other two...especially if that game is against a decent opponent where we could get a win (ala chargers). This team is going to be very decent next year...they might even be good. To have inept coaching screwing them up would be a travestry. To change the coaching staff after next season when they will be even stronger talent wise in 2004 would be a waste.

DIHARD2
12-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Typ0
The only bone headed play that I remember was the one in the first New England game, but I, have seen worse from other coaches this year who have had even more experience than him.

That call in the New England game I believe is just him learning how to head coach in the NFL. So I don't think unless it's something he had done before and he should have learned already he stays.

I think everybody is expecting too much, this is really his first year of actually coaching something that resembles a team, and he has been saying, except for what the PR told to say, but I believe on his own he has been saying that it's going to take three years.

This is his second year of a three-year deal as you know, so now unless there is an experienced, and a excellent coach that has proven his Super Bowl winning ability out there, then I don't see G. W. leaving too soon.

Again if we don't win at least one more game, there is that possibility, but G. W. has been on a learning quest, just as much as the team has.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

itsandthings
12-13-2002, 09:56 AM
If Pasquarelli says he is safe, he likely is. Len P. goes back a long way with Donahoe. Both are Pittsburgh guys, and Pasquarelli was the editor of Steelers' Digest when Donahoe was working in the front office. The two are good friends, and if Pasquarelli says Williams job is safe the words likely come directly from Tom Donahoe.

kgun12
12-13-2002, 01:56 PM
i agree with Diehard. Look at the Bills Miami game, what the heck was Davey W. thinking that the end of the half throwing with less than a minute to go? Changed the whole game. Good thing GW didn't do that he would have been dragged out of the Ralph by a snow plow.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2002, 06:22 PM
What if the Bills lose to the Bengals? I mean they are the Bengals.

Marcos20
12-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

no comment.. if we loose against theme im personally will take a plane from Argentina to Buffalo to kill him :badangel:

JayWood
12-14-2002, 12:07 PM
Marcos, I will meet you in Buffalo to help you out if that happens!!!

WG
12-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Good point TD!!!

If we don't beat S.D., the way we're playing, I wouldn't bet a dime on the Bills in week 17. If we lose 3 of our last 3, then I'd say that rating will be 1 or 2. You simply can't lose 7 of your last 8 at a time when you are expected to be the strongest that you've been in two full seasons for a variety of reasons and expect anyone to be happy. If we can't beat S.D. and happen to lose to Cincy, then that will have tied our worst stretch, namely the first 8 games of last season, for worst record.

I cannot imagine that GW would be safe at that point. Let's take it one week at a time here. A win against S.D. would be nice. The offense finally taking charge as their supposed to have gelled by now and not disintegrated, would be even better.

Here's hoping for a nice 37-16 victory on Sunday to start righting the ship. :cheers:

LMB
12-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Ringing endorsement
http://www.jaguars.com/story/2628.asp

RedEyE
12-14-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by LMB
Ringing endorsement
http://www.jaguars.com/story/2628.asp

Nice article LMB! You should open a new thread using this article. It touches on a lot of different areas.

WG
12-14-2002, 09:23 PM
"This year we've been very competitive. We're still trying to get over the hump. Next year, we think we can be a playoff-competitive team," he said, referring to the addition of a third draft class and a salary cap that will be reduced to about $6 million in "dead money."

IDK, I guess I'm in the vast minority, but frankly, I really am not getting the impression that we're all that competitive since we can only beat teams 4-9 or worse other than Miami w/ it's starting QB and top 2 WRs and then again in blizzard like conditions w/ Lucas playing as if it's his first game in the NFL.

IMO we'll be competitive if we can beat the Chargers and stick to within 7 of the Packers. If not, then I'd say we have a little further to go than TD is willing to admit publicly.

Less than 15 hours before we find out exactly how competitive we really are!

DIHARD2
12-15-2002, 01:00 AM
LMB, pay no attention to Wys Guy comment, he's Mr. doomsday here. He only look to stats to judge a team, he doesn't look at the way the team is playing and not quitting as a team.

This was a very good article and I agree with RedEyE you should start another thread using it. It brings up a lot of good points that should be addressed.

Thanks for bringing it to board.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...